New WvW Event Week

anonymous.7812

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Timelord.8190" said:

> Who asked for this?

> You want to give higher stats to the players on the strongest server? Becuse that's whats going to happen. The WvW team seem to lack understanding of what is needed in WvW. We need less unbalanced based mechanics, not more! Ever since the HoT expansion, WvW has been corrupted by guild buffs and defenders advantage which again favor the strongest server.

>

> Not gonna be so bad for me, cause i'm in Vabbi.

> Just gonna be bad for the 0,56 K/D r server called Baruch Bay.

>

> Anet should change their current WvW team, let them design PvE elements instead.

I do find the event a boring numeric increase but...

Nice! You're calling out the WvW team for being incompetent, basically. While it would be nice if the current team acknowledged why the bloodlust was nerfed in the first place, but the [complaining](

"complaining") only gets so far. Feel free to become that new, and needed WvW team member at https://www.arena.net/en/careers. This goes for a lot of people that instantly jump to berating the Devs, not just the above quoted. Mostly using the quote as an example.

> @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > @"Timelord.8190" said:

> > Who asked for this?

> > You want to give higher stats to the players on the strongest server? Becuse that's whats going to happen. The WvW team seem to lack understanding of what is needed in WvW. We need less unbalanced based mechanics, not more! Ever since the HoT expansion, WvW has been corrupted by guild buffs and defenders advantage which again favor the strongest server.

> >

> > Not gonna be so bad for me, cause i'm in Vabbi.

> > Just gonna be bad for the 0,56 K/D r server called Baruch Bay.

> >

> > Anet should change their current WvW team, let them design PvE elements instead.

>

> I do find the event a boring numeric increase but...

>

> Nice! You're calling out the WvW team for being incompetent, basically. While it would be nice if the current team acknowledged why the bloodlust was nerfed in the first place, but the [complaining](

"complaining") only gets so far. Feel free to become that new, and needed WvW team member at https://www.arena.net/en/careers. This goes for a lot of people that instantly jump to berating the Devs, not just the above quoted. Mostly using the quote as an example.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, look at it this way. Where in all the possible recommendations for events that this was even brought up?

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"GDchiaScrub.3241" said:

> > > @"Timelord.8190" said:

> > > Who asked for this?

> > > You want to give higher stats to the players on the strongest server? Becuse that's whats going to happen. The WvW team seem to lack understanding of what is needed in WvW. We need less unbalanced based mechanics, not more! Ever since the HoT expansion, WvW has been corrupted by guild buffs and defenders advantage which again favor the strongest server.

> > >

> > > Not gonna be so bad for me, cause i'm in Vabbi.

> > > Just gonna be bad for the 0,56 K/D r server called Baruch Bay.

> > >

> > > Anet should change their current WvW team, let them design PvE elements instead.

> >

> > I do find the event a boring numeric increase but...

> >

> > Nice! You're calling out the WvW team for being incompetent, basically. While it would be nice if the current team acknowledged why the bloodlust was nerfed in the first place, but the [complaining](

>

> On the opposite side of the spectrum, look at it this way. Where in all the possible recommendations for events that this was even brought up?

No where in this thread. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37526/wvw-events/p1

In the same thread a developer handed the players their parameters for events.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

>

> Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

>

> Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

>

> Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

>

> Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

>

> Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

>

> Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

Getting back to your thought! **In the same thread there weren't any noteworthy examples that were in scope** for "Events" presented by players (or mostly troll events). _So I'm guessing ANET went with there own_; having done that you now have players harping on them for not taking their lubricious(apparently this is a word when I meant to say ludicrous) recommendations.

Maybe next time ANET ask players' input we should take it more candidly. As for ANET themselves, It would be helpful for the playerbase to know what variables are local to the specific game mode. E.g. if we suggested increased player jump height would that affect pve/spvp? That way players aren't going to make outlandish ideas that are impractical for them to do.

Of course to remedy the boring numerical event here is my 2 cents for an event since we're trying to ask for new things.

Mist Warrior's Rush event: gain superspeed for a period of time after building or repairing. It shouldn't require new art, and you can look at the current 'on build/repair' effects for reference. Cheers bebes!

D:

> @"Timelord.8190" said:

> Who asked for this?

> You want to give higher stats to the players on the strongest server? Becuse that's whats going to happen. The WvW team seem to lack understanding of what is needed in WvW. We need less unbalanced based mechanics, not more! Ever since the HoT expansion, WvW has been corrupted by guild buffs and defenders advantage which again favor the strongest server.

>

> Not gonna be so bad for me, cause i'm in Vabbi.

> Just gonna be bad for the 0,56 K/D r server called Baruch Bay.

>

> Anet should change their current WvW team, let them design PvE elements instead.

They will have part of their people defend ruins while you can blob and take their towers and keeps because their ruin squad isn't there to help them :) Lighten up son

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > We certainly welcome any ideas for future WvW events!

> >

> > Here are some guidelines we've been using in our brainstorming.

> >

> > Change the way WvW is played in some way. Doesn't have to be a big change, but should be a change.

> >

> > Using events as test beds for permanent changes can be nice, but isn't necessary. There are many things we probably would be willing to do for the length of a matchup, but wouldn't want it to be forever.

> >

> > Events shouldn't require large art changes. We want to be able to implement these events quickly and not rely on getting a lot of art that may never be used again.

> >

> > Events shouldn't exclude large sections of the player base. No restricting events to specific classes, expansions, etc.

> >

> > Looking forward to hearing more ideas!

>

Some of my ideas for future events:

1. **No man's land**

In both EBG and the borderlands, keeps (and SMC) are free ground. All gates and walls are open and the Lord's are removed so they cannot be captured.

2. **Tag, you're it.**

At the beginning of the week 3 random players are unknowingly marked with an infectious disease. When someone revives the player from a downed or defeated state, the revived player will immediately, but temporarily, switch servers. For X amount of time their attacks will _have a chance_ to infect another player. They remain a member of the other server until they log off or switch maps. Hopefully, randomization would help to prevent exploiting. And as a further safety precaution, they would be unable to place siege or use supplies while on the other server.

3. **Poke it with a stick**

I'm actually stealing this idea from someone who mentioned something like this a couple days ago in a different thread. So for the record, it isn't my own.

Everyone is reduced to 50HP. All skills, traits and utilities are removed. You are given a stick. Kill people with the stick. To compensate for reduced health, all siege deals greatly reduced damage (such as 1 point per hit).

4. **Ragdoll**

When downed, players are no longer fixed to their location. Trampling them causes them to be kicked around. This effects friendly players as well.

5. **Lone wolf**

Traveling alone greatly increases all stats. The more friendly players are near you the more your stats are reduced (with a maximum percentage). Meaning if you are in a zerg with 80 players your health (and all other stats) could be reduced to as low as 1k making it possible for a single player to shred everyone like ambients if not careful.

So, if the havoc/roamer crew in any borderland is outmatched, I have to deal with enemies having a huge stat bonus? Enough to go from 'dangerous' to 'ohko?' From 'tough' to 'unkillable?'

I'm not sure that any increase in combat over the ruins (of which I've seen a very slight uptick) is worth the pain of exacerbating the already poorly balanced combat system. It would be interesting to see what metrics Anet has on this--is the event accomplishing its goal?

edit: I'm not sure the info I was given on the event was correct. It doesn't seem like there are huge stat bonuses...I haven't noticed much of a change at all.

> @"Sviel.7493" said:

> So, if the havoc/roamer crew in any borderland is outmatched, I have to deal with enemies having a huge stat bonus? Enough to go from 'dangerous' to 'ohko?' From 'tough' to 'unkillable?'

>

> I'm not sure that any increase in combat over the ruins (of which I've seen a very slight uptick) is worth the pain of exacerbating the already poorly balanced combat system. It would be interesting to see what metrics Anet has on this--is the event accomplishing its goal?

>

> edit: I'm not sure the info I was given on the event was correct. It doesn't seem like there are huge stat bonuses...I haven't noticed much of a change at all.

It hasn't started yet. It's in a couple of weeks' time.

> @"Sviel.7493" said:

> So, if the havoc/roamer crew in any borderland is outmatched, I have to deal with enemies having a huge stat bonus? Enough to go from 'dangerous' to 'ohko?' From 'tough' to 'unkillable?'

>

> I'm not sure that any increase in combat over the ruins (of which I've seen a very slight uptick) is worth the pain of exacerbating the already poorly balanced combat system. It would be interesting to see what metrics Anet has on this--is the event accomplishing its goal?

>

> edit: I'm not sure the info I was given on the event was correct. It doesn't seem like there are huge stat bonuses...I haven't noticed much of a change at all.

They choose the WvW Event Week without giving us if we want it or not. I hoped that they will make some poll with several possibilities but no. It seen that WvW community doesnt have the choice.

In a game mode where players are already complaining about excessive OTKs and power creep, this is ANETs idea of a fun event?

How about this: "Enhanced bloodlust! Minor, major, and superior bloodlust will grant an additional 5%, 15%, or 30% bonus to WXP and Reward Track Progress. Under Superior Bloodlust, enemies you kill have an increased chance of dropping heavy loot bags containing skirmish tickets, rare crafting materials, and weapon skins."

If you want open field battles, this will attract every type of WvW player, from the PvE loot seekers to the "I only want to fight and kill other players" WvW'er.

Extra damage? Pfft

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> In a game mode where players are already complaining about excessive OTKs and power creep, this is ANETs idea of a fun event?

>

> How about this: "Enhanced bloodlust! Minor, major, and superior bloodlust will grant an additional 5%, 15%, or 30% bonus to WXP and Reward Track Progress. Under Superior Bloodlust, enemies you kill have an increased chance of dropping heavy loot bags containing skirmish tickets, rare crafting materials, and weapon skins."

>

> If you want open field battles, this will attract every type of WvW player, from the PvE loot seekers to the "I only want to fight and kill other players" WvW'er.

>

> Extra damage? Pfft

The issue that they doesnt share the same idea of WvW as Veteran and old WvW players used to have.

• 2 weeks later...

wvw is a numbers game. so this event does show where nos = advantage, especially when players go for the edge = bloodlust, good food, voip, synergy team.

anything in wvw = edge has advantage.

so, our main issue is simply population.

maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

kick all from the servers. choose new home, see how many tiers will exist.

then return everyone to original server after.the event.

gather feedback. iterate and tune. =)

Ok guys do not take this as offense Arenanet but u guys just have no idea about how WvW works on the community level, and making some of this events just proves it. If u want to do events like this please consult to the community, lots of people are straight up not playing this week cuz of how stupid the current event is. Favors nothing but the biggest server and makes them unkillable in the battlefield, like WTF who tought about this???? My recomendations to prevent failures like this in the future would be either:

1. Hire me to desing this weekly events for you, as a long time veteran of WvW with 6 years experience i can actually make WvW events that will make the WvW community happy, i gurantee u that. Easiest one out all options by far, for as low as minimum wage i will consult for you and tell you what to do.

2. Make a WvW discord with the guild leaders and shit and take all the feedback that way (u would actually need to hire people to be on top of this and have actual comunication with the community and then pass it along to the WvW dev team), i dont really know about this one tho, it would cost you money to do something u clearly hate (listening to players).

3. Just stop making events altogether WvW is a dying game mode, there is no need to accelerate the process by pissing off the few dedicated WvW players left, just let it die slowly and with dignity, most of the changes to WvW u made since 2013 have done anything but accelerate how fast WvW is dying by making players quit in mass. Most cost effective out the 3 options.

P.S Inc forum ban for me (again), cuz i know every bit of criticism hurts you, and needs to be censored but people know i speak the truth so i will keep doing it until u finally perma ban me.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

>

> how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

>

> kick all from the servers. choose new home, see how many tiers will exist.

>

> then return everyone to original server after.the event.

>

> gather feedback. iterate and tune. =)

This is so god damn stupid so many guilds have players from like every server, how could you posible control that? When comunities guilds/alliances comunicate outside the game using discord and whatnot, all u will get will just be the same stacked servers if not worse since people will potentially go to the closed servers.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

>

> > maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

> >

> > how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

> >

> > kick all from the servers. choose new home, see how many tiers will exist.

> >

> > then return everyone to original server after.the event.

> >

> > gather feedback. iterate and tune. =)

>

> This is so god kitten stupid so many guilds have players from like every server, how could you posible control that?

simple really.

you talk to your guildmates, whos interested in wvw. and ask who wants to play together. those who want to can stay in the same place.

you cant control those who dont want to. but those who want will join you.

ex.

slayers is a wvw guild. simply we do not pve or pvp. our only bonding is our wvw raid. so my guys know clearly what we.are about and what we do.

if the server resets, we'd take the middle team. it's always fun, atleast for me to be at the average of things.

other guilds will do their thing. ex. the alliances.

this in the simplest sense is the upcomming alliance system.

this wvw needs rebooting everyso often.

season 1.

guild so and so or alliance so and so is leading.

end of season.

reset.

guild so and so or alliance so and so beat the old champs.

reset.

Got to think out of the box.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> >

> > > maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

> > >

> > > how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

> > >

> > > kick all from the servers. choose new home, see how many tiers will exist.

> > >

> > > then return everyone to original server after.the event.

> > >

> > > gather feedback. iterate and tune. =)

> >

> > This is so god kitten stupid so many guilds have players from like every server, how could you posible control that?

>

> simple really.

>

> you talk to your guildmates, whos interested in wvw. and ask who wants to play together. those who want to can stay in the same place.

>

> you can control those who dont want to. but those who want will join you.

>

> ex.

>

> slayers is a wvw guild. simply we do not pve or pvp. our only bonding is our wvw raid. so my guys know clearly what we.are about and what we do.

>

> if the server resets, we'd take the middle team. it's always fun, atleast for me to be at the average of things.

>

> other guilds will do their thing. ex. the alliances.

>

> this in the simplest sense is the upcomming alliance system.

Ehm, no. If there is no control (by the system) or ruleset about how many people are allowed to go into X world, will see basically people grouped up with the communities they already have stablished and the rest of the people who do not belong to any of that will just go to blackgate, straight up. WvW cannot reset, comunities already exist, there is a reasson why some servers are closed, if all this is left in hands of the comunity with no control u will just get a massive imbalanced mess.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> > >

> > > > maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

> > > >

> > > > how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

> > > >

> > > > kick all from the servers. choose new home, see how many tiers will exist.

> > > >

> > > > then return everyone to original server after.the event.

> > > >

> > > > gather feedback. iterate and tune. =)

> > >

> > > This is so god kitten stupid so many guilds have players from like every server, how could you posible control that?

> >

> > simple really.

> >

> > you talk to your guildmates, whos interested in wvw. and ask who wants to play together. those who want to can stay in the same place.

> >

> > you can control those who dont want to. but those who want will join you.

> >

> > ex.

> >

> > slayers is a wvw guild. simply we do not pve or pvp. our only bonding is our wvw raid. so my guys know clearly what we.are about and what we do.

> >

> > if the server resets, we'd take the middle team. it's always fun, atleast for me to be at the average of things.

> >

> > other guilds will do their thing. ex. the alliances.

> >

> > this in the simplest sense is the upcomming alliance system.

>

> Ehm, no. If there is no control (by the system) or ruleset about how many people are allowed to go into X world, will see basically people grouped up with the communities they already have stablished and the rest of the people who do not belong to any of that will just go to blackgate, straight up. WvW cannot reset, comunities already exist, there is a reasson why some servers are closed, if all this is left in hands of the comunity with no control u will just get a massive mess.

well there is a limit per world. that does not change. the active guys will be together or fight each other.

so what if there's a blackgate community?

there will always be someone better than you or have more than you etc. it's just reality. if groups of good players want to stay together and cuddle, then thats how they play. it is the thing now, it will be the thing in the future. but there will be those who want to fight these groups and over.throw.them.

of course wvw can be reset. if i had the power i would do it good and regular. once a month or every 4 weeks.

> @"Rampage.7145" said:

> TBH only way u can get a WvW reboot would by making WvW matchmaking like EoTM, just a couple hours u join into some random instanced faction fight and start over 3 hours later. I am all in for this tho, i think this is how WvW should work tbh

i mentioned that on other threads. if there is a 3 way q, it would work. it's the only solution for the population issue. but in that case wvw = like the pve massive server. no more worlds. just random guilds queue to play one instance and work together.

it would kill old ts communities though. but i could see.players.merging into one guild for wvw.