Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> It looks like they better should not only stop spreading the skin but also remove the skin from anyones wardrobe having gotten it in the last few days.

>

> Yes, maybe it looks good. But currently it supports lots of wrong doing from many people and is damaging the economy of Guild Wars again.

>

> These (and many other) eBay auctions violating ArenaNets Code of Conduct, #9.

That would punish players who got these legitly. I don’t see selling the codes as being against the code of conduct although I frown on all of those getting multiple codes.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Izzykins.8624" said:

> > @"Zaron.1987" said:

> > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > Why do people fear that goldfarmers get "thousands" of keys with this? I have been sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet.

> > >

> > >

> >

> >

> > Cause the reason that you sitting at my phone a combined 7 hours yesterday and today and I still couldn't even link my facebook yet is that goldsellers bombing App/server with macros

>

> This. Can you imagine how many not-well-meaning farmers/players frothed at the mouth knowing they could get the full game *without* a purchase? Temporary/Fake accounts were promptly created to take advantage of this? And will do so once it's repaired, thereby blocking the legit players trying to claim the rewards? Maybe that's why the whole thing is bogged and locked down for now. What are the odds that Anet can pick out the suspicious accounts now?

Well hopefully everyone is reporting the botters/gold sellers when they see them in game and then Anet can deal with them the same way they usually do.

I haven't been able to log in since before this promotion started so I've not seen it myself but going by the number of complaints I see about gold sellers taking advantage of the promotion I assume they're being fairly blatant.

thanks for this promotion. i didn’t know about it. till i readed something on forum here about it. lucky i redeemed both items within 1,5 hours. but sad part. my psu died so i can’t game at the moment. now i go search the one on this topic who have send the instructions and mark his post as helpful

I just don't get how some people get everything so easy... for a friend it only took few minutes to link and get their rewards. I've tried since yesterday on 3 phones, different accounts and conections and it was impossible for me... maybe I tried too much and the system blocked me? I don't know what to think anymore lol

> @"Ana.2415" said:

> I just don't get how some people get everything so easy... for a friend it only took few minutes to link and get their rewards. I've tried since yesterday on 3 phones, different accounts and conections and it was impossible for me... maybe I tried too much and the system blocked me? I don't know what to think anymore lol

It's like trying to buy concert tickets online, or log into an MMO on the first day, or any other overloaded computer system. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and for all practical purposes it's random which result you get.

Fortunately this promotion goes on until the 30th and we haven't heard anything about there being a limited number of codes available. So it's just a matter of keeping trying, or waiting a few days and then trying.

I've been trying on and off all day and haven't even been able to link my Facebook account. I've heard Facebook is the most unreliable option but the Twitter option disappeared and I don't have Instagram.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > People's accounts are being banned from this? A.net should really look into this promotion.

>

> Where did you hear that?

On Reddit, someone made a post about him getting banned because of it. If it's true, it implies that the codes or even making a new account and adding the code into it is registered as an exploit.

Can we all agree that this was a gigantic failure? People are not getting the codes even when they try for hours, many people that DO get it are using bots to get multiple ones and they're selling them online. ANet, just give the outfit to people through emails and say it was for the anniversary.

> @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > People's accounts are being banned from this? A.net should really look into this promotion.

> >

> > Where did you hear that?

>

> On Reddit, someone made a post about him getting banned because of it. If it's true, it implies that the codes or even making a new account and adding the code into it is registered as an exploit.

omfg i didnt know this. i feel bad now. i go create a ticked and hope they can remove this for me. i thought when it’s in this forum it’s safe to use. also because it’s a few days old post. i get nervous now. i am a fair gamer i don’t want to get banned. why they don’t remove such topics when it’s now intended

I THINK I finally got my FB account connected. I logged into the Kung Fu Tea app; it failed yet again. I logged into FB on my phone to look at the settings to see if somehow I was blocking it. Nope. Went back to KFT app, and now it appears to have linked my FB account. No rewards yet though. But for those having trouble getting your account connected, try logging into FB on the same phone with the KFT app.

I've been trying since yesterday morning. I finally got my Facebook account linked and it showed up on my Kung Fu Tea profile, but no Rewards. Now, suddenly, it's not on my Profile anymore and I'm back to the whole "Sorry. Something went wrong." loop. Meanwhile, Facebook says I'm linked.

They say any publicity is good publicity, but I never want to see a Kung Fu Tea logo after this.

> @"titje.2745" said:

> > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > People's accounts are being banned from this? A.net should really look into this promotion.

> > >

> > > Where did you hear that?

> >

> > On Reddit, someone made a post about him getting banned because of it. If it's true, it implies that the codes or even making a new account and adding the code into it is registered as an exploit.

>

> kitten i didnt know this. i feel bad now. i go create a ticked and hope they can remove this for me. i thought when it’s in this forum it’s safe to use. also because it’s a few days old post. i get nervous now. i am a fair gamer i don’t want to get banned. why they don’t remove such topics when it’s now intended

>

I wouldn't worry if I was you. It is an official promotion, it was announced on Anet's Facebook page. Also many people have used these codes and we've only had 1 unverified claim of being banned.

It may be that they were banned just after using the code but it was actually for something else. Anet's report system isn't automatic so if you're reported it may take a few hours or a few days for anything to happen because they have to investigate first. They could have broken a rule yesterday and then used the code today just before the ban went through.

Or they could have used the heroic edition code to make an account, used it for bottting and been banned for that. Or they could be lying to get everyone else to stop trying to get codes so their attempt will go through. Or just trolling.

Without more details, from a reliable source, we can't know what actually happened to this person. But like I said it is an official promotion so there's no reason to think participating as intended would get you banned.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > @"titje.2745" said:

> > > @"Ephemiel.5694" said:

> > > > @"Danikat.8537" said:

> > > > > @"Vyrulisse.1246" said:

> > > > > People's accounts are being banned from this? A.net should really look into this promotion.

> > > >

> > > > Where did you hear that?

> > >

> > > On Reddit, someone made a post about him getting banned because of it. If it's true, it implies that the codes or even making a new account and adding the code into it is registered as an exploit.

> >

> > kitten i didnt know this. i feel bad now. i go create a ticked and hope they can remove this for me. i thought when it’s in this forum it’s safe to use. also because it’s a few days old post. i get nervous now. i am a fair gamer i don’t want to get banned. why they don’t remove such topics when it’s now intended

> >

>

> I wouldn't worry if I was you. It is an official promotion, it was announced on Anet's Facebook page. Also many people have used these codes and we've only had 1 unverified claim of being banned.

>

> It may be that they were banned just after using the code but it was actually for something else. Anet's report system isn't automatic so if you're reported it may take a few hours or a few days for anything to happen because they have to investigate first. They could have broken a rule yesterday and then used the code today just before the ban went through.

>

> Or they could have used the heroic edition code to make an account, used it for bottting and been banned for that. Or they could be lying to get everyone else to stop trying to get codes so their attempt will go through. Or just trolling.

>

> Without more details, from a reliable source, we can't know what actually happened to this person. But like I said it is an official promotion so there's no reason to think participating as intended would get you banned.

ticket already submitted. oke i go update it. thanks for help

> @"Calsie.2501" said:

> I've been trying since yesterday morning. I finally got my Facebook account linked and it showed up on my Kung Fu Tea profile, but no Rewards. Now, suddenly, it's not on my Profile anymore and I'm back to the whole "Sorry. Something went wrong." loop. Meanwhile, Facebook says I'm linked.

>

> They say any publicity is good publicity, but I never want to see a Kung Fu Tea logo after this.

Well, it's really stupid that they started the promotion on weekend when probably nobody is available to fix stuff and announce stuff for the community.

> @"titje.2745" said:

> can you @"Danikat.8537" pls give me the link. maybe pm. so i have proof. so i can put it out of my head :)

I can't because I'm away from my computer and at the risk of sounding old even if I could find the Facebook post I wouldn't know how to copy and paste it on my phone.

But maybe someone else can?

> @"Mea.5491" said:

> After many hours of trying, I finally got the codes with Bluestacks, free mobile app emulator for PC because my phone is old and my Android version is not compatible with this app lol. So anyone without a proper smartphone should get Bluestacks but patience is required to actually get the codes. Good luck! :)

>

Well ive been using Bluestacks since yesterday and I cant even link my Instagram let alone move on to the next stage - I think you just got very lucky...

> @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > Let me get this strait. Guild wars 2 Heroic Edition gives access to the game's full mode? Meanig farmers are now got a dozen accs for free to farm laurels?

> >

> > No, there is a daily sweepstakes allowing people the chance to win a copy. It's one copy a day though.

>

> No. The heroic edition is given along with the costume code. The deluxe edition is a part of the sweepstakes.

>

> Edit: deluxe, not collectors

>

> https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201862758-Game-Versions-and-Digital-Items

Wow, so they're giving away their game? To anyone who links some social media account to some _other_ company's app?

That's... baffling to me.