Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > My guess, we will get an update from Anet close to the end of business day Friday. Then they will let the thread stew over the weekend and maybe eventually sink the thread. Thread sinking is an option available via the Vanilla forum software (what this forum runs on) that allows new posts to be made but won't bump it up on the forum page with each new post. So eventually it just falls off the page no matter how many new posts.

> >

> > And that would be when people start going to other places to complain which are for more visible than the forums...wouldnt be smart to do that.

>

> I can't confirm but I think they did that with a few other controversial threads already. At least is seemed to be what happened but maybe it was a bug.

Which if i may ask?

But im referring to this thread with all the pissed off people it has in it specifically!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > My guess, we will get an update from Anet close to the end of business day Friday. Then they will let the thread stew over the weekend and maybe eventually sink the thread. Thread sinking is an option available via the Vanilla forum software (what this forum runs on) that allows new posts to be made but won't bump it up on the forum page with each new post. So eventually it just falls off the page no matter how many new posts.

> > >

> > > And that would be when people start going to other places to complain which are for more visible than the forums...wouldnt be smart to do that.

> >

> > I can't confirm but I think they did that with a few other controversial threads already. At least is seemed to be what happened but maybe it was a bug.

>

> Which if i may ask?

> But im referring to this thread with all the pissed off people it has in it specifically!

I think it happened to the JP thread and maybe also the RNG mount license thread. Like I said I can't confirm that. I just noticed that new posts no longer bumped certain threads. Could have been a bug. For the JP thread you can see where this was first brought up and [discussed as either a bug or intentional here ](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/605204/#Comment_605204 "discussed here"). Most seem to think it was a bug. But there is an option to sink threads with Vanilla forum as I mentioned. [Here are the details described as Diffuse Community Uproar With Discussion Sinking.](https://blog.vanillaforums.com/product/diffuse-community-uproar-with-discussion-sinking "Here are the details described as Diffuse Community Uproar With Discussion Sinking.")

> @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > My guess, we will get an update from Anet close to the end of business day Friday. Then they will let the thread stew over the weekend and maybe eventually sink the thread. Thread sinking is an option available via the Vanilla forum software (what this forum runs on) that allows new posts to be made but won't bump it up on the forum page with each new post. So eventually it just falls off the page no matter how many new posts.

> >

> > And that would be when people start going to other places to complain which are for more visible than the forums...wouldnt be smart to do that.

>

> I can't confirm but I think they did that with a few other controversial threads already. At least is seemed to be what happened but maybe it was a bug.

TBH I remember that very opinion coming up in the Jessica Price thread and I was not convinced it was happening and did not think that ANET would do such a thing, but having kept an eye on that thread since the poster brought it up.. I am now of the mind that is what happened in that thread.. bad form if it is indeed true.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > My guess, we will get an update from Anet close to the end of business day Friday. Then they will let the thread stew over the weekend and maybe eventually sink the thread. Thread sinking is an option available via the Vanilla forum software (what this forum runs on) that allows new posts to be made but won't bump it up on the forum page with each new post. So eventually it just falls off the page no matter how many new posts.

> > >

> > > And that would be when people start going to other places to complain which are for more visible than the forums...wouldnt be smart to do that.

> >

> > I can't confirm but I think they did that with a few other controversial threads already. At least is seemed to be what happened but maybe it was a bug.

>

> TBH I remember that very opinion coming up in the Jessica Price thread and I was not convinced it was happening and did not think that ANET would do such a thing, but having kept an eye on that thread since the poster brought it up.. I am now of the mind that is what happened in that thread.. bad form if it is indeed true.

Yes, I'm fairly certain that is what happened during the last couple of pages of that thread. But it was a 70+ page thread that (by the time it was no longer being bumped up to the top of the thread list) wasn't actually adding anything new to the actual topic and was instead just more of the same back and forth, repeating everything that had already been said. So, I'm not too mad at the forum mods for "sinking" that thread.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > > My guess, we will get an update from Anet close to the end of business day Friday. Then they will let the thread stew over the weekend and maybe eventually sink the thread. Thread sinking is an option available via the Vanilla forum software (what this forum runs on) that allows new posts to be made but won't bump it up on the forum page with each new post. So eventually it just falls off the page no matter how many new posts.

> > > >

> > > > And that would be when people start going to other places to complain which are for more visible than the forums...wouldnt be smart to do that.

> > >

> > > I can't confirm but I think they did that with a few other controversial threads already. At least is seemed to be what happened but maybe it was a bug.

> >

> > TBH I remember that very opinion coming up in the Jessica Price thread and I was not convinced it was happening and did not think that ANET would do such a thing, but having kept an eye on that thread since the poster brought it up.. I am now of the mind that is what happened in that thread.. bad form if it is indeed true.

>

> Yes, I'm fairly certain that is what happened during the last couple of pages of that thread. But it was a 70+ page thread that (by the time it was no longer being bumped up to the top of the thread list) wasn't actually adding anything new to the actual topic and was instead just more of the same back and forth, repeating everything that had already been said. So, I'm not too mad at the forum mods for "sinking" that thread.

At that point I would agree it had run its course.. but then JP returned from her holiday and set about her next course of verbal diarrhoea, which gave it a little further fuel... but as you also noticed, it was no longer getting noticed so logic suggests it was being purposely pushed under the radar.

So I wonder if this thread will get the same treatment, hopefully not though at this point this thread is now also going round in circles until ANET decide to put some clarity into the situation, if that is what they intend of course.

I am getting a little tired of this mess. Obviously, neither company cares to get it fixed in a hurry.

My only point of interest is why is no one is really explaining what is happing behind the scenes? All ger get is "Thank you for your patience" or "We do understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. "

Sure they want us excited about a new product, and then not be excited about a new product. LOL

> @"Angelica Dream.7103" said:

> I am getting a little tired of this mess. Obviously, neither company cares or organized enough to get it back up.

>

> My only point of interest is why is no one is really explaining what is happing behind the scenes? All ger get is "Thank you for your patience" or "We do understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. "

>

> Sure they want us excited about a new product, and then not be excited about a new product. LOL

What's going on behind the scenes is easy to say: Multiple companies are reviewing multiple contracts. Until they've figured things out, it would be unwise for them to make any commitments. It's frustrating for everyone, but patience is the best option for players at this moment.

> @"Greener.6204" said:

> > @"Angelica Dream.7103" said:

> > I am getting a little tired of this mess. Obviously, neither company cares or organized enough to get it back up.

> >

> > My only point of interest is why is no one is really explaining what is happing behind the scenes? All ger get is "Thank you for your patience" or "We do understand your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience. "

> >

> > Sure they want us excited about a new product, and then not be excited about a new product. LOL

>

> What's going on behind the scenes is easy to say: Multiple companies are reviewing multiple contracts. Until they've figured things out, it would be unwise for them to make any commitments. It's frustrating for everyone, but patience is the best option for players at this moment.

Exactly. Take any time anet has had to respond to something and remember the outcry that they did not reply in hours. Now take a situation where you have multiple companies and you can see how it gets much larger as they all have to protect their companies from each other while also coordinating a response.

> @"RoseofGilead.8907" said:

> > @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"JustTrogdor.7892" said:

> > > > > My guess, we will get an update from Anet close to the end of business day Friday. Then they will let the thread stew over the weekend and maybe eventually sink the thread. Thread sinking is an option available via the Vanilla forum software (what this forum runs on) that allows new posts to be made but won't bump it up on the forum page with each new post. So eventually it just falls off the page no matter how many new posts.

> > > >

> > > > And that would be when people start going to other places to complain which are for more visible than the forums...wouldnt be smart to do that.

> > >

> > > I can't confirm but I think they did that with a few other controversial threads already. At least is seemed to be what happened but maybe it was a bug.

> >

> > TBH I remember that very opinion coming up in the Jessica Price thread and I was not convinced it was happening and did not think that ANET would do such a thing, but having kept an eye on that thread since the poster brought it up.. I am now of the mind that is what happened in that thread.. bad form if it is indeed true.

>

> Yes, I'm fairly certain that is what happened during the last couple of pages of that thread. But it was a 70+ page thread that (by the time it was no longer being bumped up to the top of the thread list) wasn't actually adding anything new to the actual topic and was instead just more of the same back and forth, repeating everything that had already been said. So, I'm not too mad at the forum mods for "sinking" that thread.

My concern with the whole "sinking" function if that is indeed what happened to certain controversial threads is it seems rather sneaky and I hope it doesn't happent to the KFT controversy. If Anet wants the discussion to stop because they feel it no longer is constructive or whatever they should close the thread and explain why. They do that time to time with other threads, "We feel this discussion has run its course and is no longer constructive." I'm not a big fan of the idea that sink can be used to slow/bury controversial GW2 discussions and hope no one notices. Quote from the Vanilla forum blog [i linked earlier.](https://blog.vanillaforums.com/product/diffuse-community-uproar-with-discussion-sinking "I linked earlier.")

>I know what you're thinking: "Don't the people involved in the debate notice that the discussion has been sunk? Don't they get mad at the moderators?"

>No. In our experience, we found that the people inside the sunk discussion never notice that a discussion has been sunk. Never.

Then again this is Anet's forum and they can do whatever they want and we can like it or not. In an effort to not take this thread off the topic of the KFT promotion that is the last I will say about it.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> The app does not show any rewards at all for me. Not sure if it can detect fake social media accounts or fake geo location or whatever the problem is now. I simulated a location in Texas and made a fake instagram account with nothing in it

I don't think you suppose to do that malediktus!!!!!!!!!

> @"Rashyin.1728" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> >

> > My husband still have a few free ones.

>

> May you ask your husband if he would mind to share one of his spare codes with me? I wanted this outfit so badly since the game released but Unfortunately it was never possible for me to get it. I tried it so hard since the promotion started but never got my social media account linked with the app. Now they restricted the promotion to US only and im from EU so I may never get the chance to get this shirt :(

>

>

Give a bit of time to anet. I have faith with them as they always put their players first.. just wait a bit.. I'm sure they will do something about this. I hope they sent a free outfit to every existing players and with heroic account upgrade given upon request from existing f2p account (those created before promotion not the new one)

I wish I have extra codes to share with everyone :(

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > The app does not show any rewards at all for me. Not sure if it can detect fake social media accounts or fake geo location or whatever the problem is now. I simulated a location in Texas and made a fake instagram account with nothing in it

>

> I don't think you suppose to do that malediktus!!!!!!!!!

>

oh its all fake. Bluestacks android emulator, fake location, fake names, fake social media account :D

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Rashyin.1728" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > >

> > > My husband still have a few free ones.

> >

> > May you ask your husband if he would mind to share one of his spare codes with me? I wanted this outfit so badly since the game released but Unfortunately it was never possible for me to get it. I tried it so hard since the promotion started but never got my social media account linked with the app. Now they restricted the promotion to US only and im from EU so I may never get the chance to get this shirt :(

> >

> >

>

> Give a bit of time to anet. I have faith with them as they always put their players first.. just wait a bit.. I'm sure they will do something about this. I hope they sent a free outfit to every existing players and with heroic account upgrade given upon request from existing f2p account (those created before promotion not the new one)

> I wish I gave extra codes to share with everyone :(

Yes, while we are not privy to the behind-the-scenes I am sure anet wants to protect their existing customer base than kft wants to protect a potential customer base. I am not sure you can cut off heroic editions like that though, what about people who did what this promotion was trying to do and created free accounts?

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > The app does not show any rewards at all for me. Not sure if it can detect fake social media accounts or fake geo location or whatever the problem is now. I simulated a location in Texas and made a fake instagram account with nothing in it

> >

> > I don't think you suppose to do that malediktus!!!!!!!!!

> >

>

> oh its all fake. Bluestacks android emulator, fake location, fake names, fake social media account :D

Common malediktus :p ur ap isn't fake!!! ??

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > @"leafjelly.8367" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Well idk about other locations but I went to a KFT near me and they didnt even have the drink, soooo the entire promotion ain't working for me

> > > >

> > > > Hi leafjelly -- I was wondering if you asked about it, and what you learned in response.

> > >

> > > For what it's worth, I just called the KFT in my city to see if they were still open, because I was gonna go down there and get some bubble tea. But I decided to ask if they have the drink, and they said no. I phrased it this way, "Do you have the Guild Wars 2 promotional drink?" and their response was, "No."

> >

>

> They have many franchise and many part time employees. You got to forgive those employee not keeping up to date with the promotional thing. If you want to participate in the daily sweepstake all you need to do is buy the drink called COCOA CREAM WOW. The instructions is in the website and ap.. separate to the shop. https://www.kungfutea.com/blog/2018/8/31/guildwars2sweepstakes

>

> Take a picture and post in the social media that link to the app. But obviously the ap aren't working very well atm and they have asked customer to be patience over this freebies or promotional item until they are able to fix the issue..There is no need to get over reacted or upset about it... ?

> And how could anyone think the shop owner can help to provide you the gift code? You have more chance to contact the app service I think.

> Your best to wait :) they might send (email) out codes to those who sign up with them.. who knows..

>

I did ask for cocoa cream wow and pointed at the picture on the cash register and they didn't have it and didn't know when they would get it U_u, just KFT's fault. I never got upset over it at the employees, hell no, im just disappointed in KFT for failing so miserably.

> @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > @"leafjelly.8367" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > Well idk about other locations but I went to a KFT near me and they didnt even have the drink, soooo the entire promotion ain't working for me

> > > >

> > > > Hi leafjelly -- I was wondering if you asked about it, and what you learned in response.

> > >

> > > For what it's worth, I just called the KFT in my city to see if they were still open, because I was gonna go down there and get some bubble tea. But I decided to ask if they have the drink, and they said no. I phrased it this way, "Do you have the Guild Wars 2 promotional drink?" and their response was, "No."

> >

> > Thank you for that information. That could be a case where the employee knows the name of the _beverage_ but not the name of the partner. For instance, asking if they have the drink by its name might get a different response. I'm not sure, of course, but in any case appreciate the details.

>

> Good point! I just called them back, and I asked, "Do you have the new drink, the Elder Dragon Dreamy Delight, also known as the Cocoa Cream Wow?" and the person said, "Yes, we do." So that's cool. =)

I did ask for that drink specifically and pointed at the promotion image on cash register, they didn't have it at my location and didn't know when they would get it.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > @"leafjelly.8367" said:

> >

> > Well idk about other locations but I went to a KFT near me and they didnt even have the drink, soooo the entire promotion ain't working for me

>

> Hi leafjelly -- I was wondering if you asked about it, and what you learned in response.

Thanks for asking, sorry for the late response. I did ask for the drink by its full name Cocoa Cream Wow, and pointed at the promotional ad in front of my on the cash register for it, they didn't have it and the workers didn't know when it would arrive. I haven't tried calling or going to ask again. This was on last sunday, the 2nd.

> @"leafjelly.8367" said:

> > @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > @"Jevati.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > > > @"leafjelly.8367" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Well idk about other locations but I went to a KFT near me and they didnt even have the drink, soooo the entire promotion ain't working for me

> > > > >

> > > > > Hi leafjelly -- I was wondering if you asked about it, and what you learned in response.

> > > >

> > > > For what it's worth, I just called the KFT in my city to see if they were still open, because I was gonna go down there and get some bubble tea. But I decided to ask if they have the drink, and they said no. I phrased it this way, "Do you have the Guild Wars 2 promotional drink?" and their response was, "No."

> > >

> > > Thank you for that information. That could be a case where the employee knows the name of the _beverage_ but not the name of the partner. For instance, asking if they have the drink by its name might get a different response. I'm not sure, of course, but in any case appreciate the details.

> >

> > Good point! I just called them back, and I asked, "Do you have the new drink, the Elder Dragon Dreamy Delight, also known as the Cocoa Cream Wow?" and the person said, "Yes, we do." So that's cool. =)

>

> I did ask for that drink specifically and pointed at the promotion image on cash register, they didn't have it at my location and didn't know when they would get it.

I bet they don't know when they'll get it in because of this whole recent controversy, as they are the first line of defence against the public they probably haven't been told very much aside from a few internal leaks.

Apart from that this whole promotion has been a kitten-show and i believe the community are on the edge as of recent, this could be the start of a tipping point where enough is enough.

The funny part is that there are Europeans asking on the facebook of Kungfu Tea if they still get their codes for the heroic and outfit as they have linked their social network accounts to the app.... And the employers of KFT reacted in a facebook reply that they are going to get this guaranteed!!! These posts are even from date 5 and 6 september (after they even had changed their terms). And it was not even hard to see the persons asking the question were from non US, you could see it on their facebook profiles they asked it with.

I am not joking, this is currently really happening. So as a European that did same as all those ppl I am still waiting on my Heroic code and the outfit promo :)

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> The funny part is that there are Europeans asking on the facebook of Kungfu Tea if they still get their codes for the heroic and outfit as they have linked their social network accounts to the app.... And the employers of KFT reacted in a facebook reply that they are going to get this guaranteed!!! These posts are even from date 5 and 6 september (after they even had changed their terms). And it was not even hard to see the persons asking the question were from non US, you could see it on their facebook profiles they asked it with.

>

> I am not joking, this is currently really happening. So as a European that did same as all those ppl I am still waiting on my Heroic code and the outfit promo :)

That is good to know .. just give them a bit of time. And be nice :p they will sort things out hopefully

> @"Aaralyna.3104" said:

> The funny part is that there are Europeans asking on the facebook of Kungfu Tea if they still get their codes for the heroic and outfit as they have linked their social network accounts to the app.... And the employers of KFT reacted in a facebook reply that they are going to get this guaranteed!!! These posts are even from date 5 and 6 september (after they even had changed their terms). And it was not even hard to see the persons asking the question were from non US, you could see it on their facebook profiles they asked it with.

>

> I am not joking, this is currently really happening. So as a European that did same as all those ppl I am still waiting on my Heroic code and the outfit promo :)

Would you be willing to post a link where KFT told players outside the US they will get their codes or even be eligible to earn them after they changed/clarified the terms that stated US only? I think many here would like to see the source. As of now their website still states US only. I don't use FB so can't look it up myself. Thanks.

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"Rashyin.1728" said:

> > > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > >

> > > My husband still have a few free ones.

> >

> > May you ask your husband if he would mind to share one of his spare codes with me? I wanted this outfit so badly since the game released but Unfortunately it was never possible for me to get it. I tried it so hard since the promotion started but never got my social media account linked with the app. Now they restricted the promotion to US only and im from EU so I may never get the chance to get this shirt :(

> >

> >

>

> Give a bit of time to anet. I have faith with them as they always put their players first.. just wait a bit.. I'm sure they will do something about this. I hope they sent a free outfit to every existing players and with heroic account upgrade given upon request from existing f2p account (those created before promotion not the new one)

> I wish I have extra codes to share with everyone :(

It's not just Play4Free accounts that would like to be upgraded to the Heroic Edition. Many paid accounts don't have those free goodies.