The Departing Question

notebene.3190

I don't feel I should say even 'why' I'm asking, because it might slightly spoil what happens, so I'm going to put the why inside spoilers, and if you've completed it, click away!

>! Does what happens change based on what you've actually completed, or is it the same for everyone? What if you haven't done any LW3? Or HoT? Or LW2? Or (and this was awesome) LW1?

Hmm, didn't preview the spoiler. Hope that worked.

> @notebene.3190 said:

> I don't feel I should say even 'why' I'm asking, because it might slightly spoil what happens, so I'm going to put the why inside spoilers, and if you've completed it, click away!

>

> >! Does what happens change based on what you've actually completed, or is it the same for everyone? What if you haven't done any LW3? Or HoT? Or LW2? Or (and this was awesome) LW1?

>

> Hmm, didn't preview the spoiler. Hope that worked.

I've got an answer since I've not done everything.

>! I didn't do much of LS1 and it showed me clips of LS1. Nor really any of LS3 as it was a bit too difficult for me to solo and I came back right on top of PoF's launch.

• 3 weeks later...

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @notebene.3190 said:

> > I don't feel I should say even 'why' I'm asking, because it might slightly spoil what happens, so I'm going to put the why inside spoilers, and if you've completed it, click away!

> >

> > >! Does what happens change based on what you've actually completed, or is it the same for everyone? What if you haven't done any LW3? Or HoT? Or LW2? Or (and this was awesome) LW1?

> >

> > Hmm, didn't preview the spoiler. Hope that worked.

>

> I've got an answer since I've not done everything.

>

> >! I didn't do much of LS1 and it showed me clips of LS1. Nor really any of LS3 as it was a bit too difficult for me to solo and I came back right on top of PoF's launch.

Interesting, thank you (just seeing this now). :)

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> I think the first bit changes depending on your race - since it's a reference to the very early stages of the game. But I think the rest is the same.

>

> Anet have previously said that for simplicity the story will assume you've played all previous releases in order.

Ah, I wasn't aware they said that. As I was playing it, it made me wonder how it would play out if you hadn't.

Yep, as far as I can tell, only the first segment changes. Depending on your race and which faction you picked. Everything else was generic, and full of spoilers for LS2 and HoT if you haven't played those.

Actually, that makes me wonder: what would happen if you play the mission with a character who hasn't even started the core story (and therefore hasn't chosen to join Vigil/Whispers/Priory)... Who shows up in the Claw Island segment?