Devs Don't Care for Structured PvP?

DrDoctor.8091

I mean balance is one of the very few things Anet still does for PvP, not good and not often enough but at least they do. That they don't care at all about the competitive gamemodes you can better see in a lot of other stuff never or too late get done. So your answer: No Anet do not rly care it seems. Pretty sad to see such potential get wasted by Anet.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> I mean balance is one of the very few things Anet still does for PvP, not good and not often enough but at least they do. That they don't care at all about the competitive gamemodes you can better see in a lot of other stuff never or too late get done. So your answer: No Anet do not rly care it seems. Pretty sad to see such potential get wasted by Anet.

Ive lost soo many matches because of afk-ers or just shit players or some other bullshit, this game just pisses me off now. And to think I used to praise this game.

If it's making you that angry, just take a break from it for a while. No one will fault you for getting tired or upset with it; we all have at one point or another. I do think the devs care about PvP and balancing, just not as much as PvE and storytelling. I'm glad they're still doing updates to it at all though, which is more than I can say for other games or even mmos.

> @"Okami Amaterasu.9237" said:

> If it's making you that angry, just take a break from it for a while. No one will fault you for getting tired or upset with it; we all have at one point or another. I do think the devs care about PvP and balancing, just not as much as PvE and storytelling. I'm glad they're still doing updates to it at all though, which is more than I can say for other games or even mmos.

The thing is; I don't know what other game to play.

> @"TheWeirdoNik.6247" said:

> > @"Okami Amaterasu.9237" said:

> > If it's making you that angry, just take a break from it for a while. No one will fault you for getting tired or upset with it; we all have at one point or another. I do think the devs care about PvP and balancing, just not as much as PvE and storytelling. I'm glad they're still doing updates to it at all though, which is more than I can say for other games or even mmos.

>

> The thing is; I don't know what other game to play.

Well, try an online gaming site and test out a couple of short flash games or something. I always like the puzzle section, especially "escape" games. I know I'll still be playing GW2 most of the time, but it helps to try something different every now and then; just to keep your mind safe and malleable.

> @"TheWeirdoNik.6247" said:

> > @"Okami Amaterasu.9237" said:

> > If it's making you that angry, just take a break from it for a while. No one will fault you for getting tired or upset with it; we all have at one point or another. I do think the devs care about PvP and balancing, just not as much as PvE and storytelling. I'm glad they're still doing updates to it at all though, which is more than I can say for other games or even mmos.

>

> The thing is; I don't know what other game to play.

God of war 4 , last Assassin Creed, to list the last ones i have in mind. If you want to go even more back there's a lot of games and there's a couple of DS feeling games around.

If you go for MMORPG, nothing so good, TESO is slower and less dynamic, Black Desert isn't make for this and FF14 and WoW are old school, the rest don't count.

For competitive, MOBAs as always.

I don't believe they don't care. They are unable to properly balance the game due to its complexity and possibly low human resources. For the latter reason I think they are not able to produce new content for the mode. This is kinda contradictory for a company named ...Arenanet who instead focus on PvE.

I have played a lot of MMOs and generally games and IMHO their PvP system is one of the best in terms of design and ideas developed but lacks horribly in balance (mostly). On the contrary a game of another genre (RTS) like Starcraft made it to 20 years and keeps going, constantly being an ESL title due to near perfect ...balance.

> @"Dreddo.9865" said:

> I don't believe they don't care. They are unable to properly balance the game due to its complexity and possibly low human resources. For the latter reason I think they are not able to produce new content for the mode. This is kinda contradictory for a company named ...Arenanet who instead focus on PvE.

>

> I have played a lot of MMOs and generally games and IMHO their PvP system is one of the best in terms of design and ideas developed but lacks horribly in balance (mostly). On the contrary a game of another genre (RTS) like Starcraft made it to 20 years and keeps going, constantly being an ESL title due to near perfect ...balance.

If they cared they would invest the appropriate resources into the game mode, instead, investment only goes toward gem store and pve, you can see this historically throughout gw2 life span, and especially when they actively removed competitive pvp from the game in its entirety.

this game has/had potential. i don't understand. i invested into gw2 with the expectation they would expand on their pvp just like in gw1.

what a let down.

i'll keep a candle lit, but if something don't happen soon, forget me buying an expansion or anything else to support this company, and i pray you guys are not working on gw3, because no promise will get me on board.

maybe the pve is nice, but players like me, even bad ones, are 60-90% of their time here for the competitive aspects...get it through your skulls