What Does the ANet Team do on Release Day?

Thedenofsin.7340

• ArenaNet Staff

I'll speak for myself...I try and play the release along with everyone else, but more often than not, I find that I'm monitoring our external and internal communication channels looking for what issues players are having. A game like Guild Wars 2 is never really "done", so the day of launch is really when our job begins in a number of ways. :-) Having said that, it's also a day of celebration - our lovely producers get together and make everyone waffles, the studio brings in coffee carts to get us going in the morning, and we are all enjoying the feeling of watching players react as they're playing through the content.

• ArenaNet Staff

We monitor/investigate any issues that come up, and when we have time, play the game or watch streams. We all look forward to experiencing the new content with everyone on launch day!

We were watching people play through story instances to see their reactions as they hit key story beats. It's one of my most favorite things about release day. :)

• ArenaNet Staff

Watching people play through the content and reading map chat as people encounter elements for the first time is an easy highlight for me. We've been heads down on this content for MONTHS. Seeing someone experience it for the first time is a real treat.

And then, of course, stressing over whatever little bugs we missed and trying to figure out how to fix them =P

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> It's all about content.

>

> Ok, and coffee and waffles. :)

>

> Today's baked-in inserts included pecans, chocolate chips, and bacon. Toppings included strawberriesand , backberries, syrup, kitten cream.

>

> Some had all the above. :)

Hmmm... kitten cream... :open_mouth: