Mesmers and the state of pvp

MarkKing.8094

>Play as another class and you can experience what Mesmers can dish out when in capable hands.

I go on the list I put upper, take one of the two who hard counter mes and no match them.

>We don't need a class to be this capable of carrying a game.

Yep, that's why we haven't.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" :

>The design of mirage cloak and em makes mirage effectively immune to CC.

Like the majority of all specs meta builds.

>You are only going to CC a mirage and have it count if the player behind it makes a very serious mistake.

You don't kill a mirage by CC them, just hit after mirage cloak end.

Once they use F4, mh block or evade, torch, and 2 evade, they can't stay on point and can be killed by everyone.

And if you can hit thief between evade frame, it's the same thing with mirage.

Ppl here talking about how win rates don’t matter when conversely so many people in game argue it’s so easy and the class carries itself with little effort.

No wonder A-net gets confused.

Condi output could use a tone down, but it’s more or less fine even before the vigor changes vs anyone who knows how do doge and has some moderate condi removal.

Condi/Hybrid Mirage is still too strong in more than one way, in particular the retargeting skills like axe 3 and illusionary ambush are way too strong for the short cds they have. One of the most broken things in the game. They need at least double the cd they have atm, also that would have been the way to reduce dodge frames for mirage instead vigor nerf for every mes build including none mirage and power mirage (not running illusionary ambush) which didn't need any nerf in dodge frames at all.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah a friendly update to all the lads from @ arena net

in top 70 currently there are 2 mesmers out of literally 70 people and one of those mesmers plays duo with a rev

not even my opinion at this point im just stating a blatant fact that at 1.7k+ elo there are barely any mesmers left and the ones that are there are certainly not there due to their class, i did say the nerfs were too many and i still think mesmer is "okay" (i don't think core guard and rev are okay cus theyre broken) but ive been the only mesmer in 4 out of 5 games so i decided to look at the names and to my surprise there were literally no others. I know a few other mesmers loom around it so maybe they have decay but at least in the time of checking those are the results

went from gw2's trademark class and most op class to literally 2 out of 70, lol

> @"incisorr.9502" said:

> yeah a friendly update to all the lads from @ arena net

>

> in top 70 currently there are 2 mesmers out of literally 70 people and one of those mesmers plays duo with a rev

>

> not even my opinion at this point im just stating a blatant fact that at 1.7k+ elo there are barely any mesmers left and the ones that are there are certainly not there due to their class, i did say the nerfs were too many and i still think mesmer is "okay" (i don't think core guard and rev are okay cus theyre broken) but ive been the only mesmer in 4 out of 5 games so i decided to look at the names and to my surprise there were literally no others. I know a few other mesmers loom around it so maybe they have decay but at least in the time of checking those are the results

>

> went from gw2's trademark class and most op class to literally 2 out of 70, lol

See this is what gets me. People come here saying mirage is OP especially at the highest levels. When it's not even really at the highest levels. So clearly the mirages they Are fighting are low gold/silver players. So what is it, is mirage Op because its a noob stomper and EZ mode against gold/silver players. Or is it op because it's only represented in 2 out of the top 70 players. ????

> @"jportell.2197" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > yeah a friendly update to all the lads from @ arena net

> >

> > in top 70 currently there are 2 mesmers out of literally 70 people and one of those mesmers plays duo with a rev

> >

> > not even my opinion at this point im just stating a blatant fact that at 1.7k+ elo there are barely any mesmers left and the ones that are there are certainly not there due to their class, i did say the nerfs were too many and i still think mesmer is "okay" (i don't think core guard and rev are okay cus theyre broken) but ive been the only mesmer in 4 out of 5 games so i decided to look at the names and to my surprise there were literally no others. I know a few other mesmers loom around it so maybe they have decay but at least in the time of checking those are the results

> >

> > went from gw2's trademark class and most op class to literally 2 out of 70, lol

>

> See this is what gets me. People come here saying mirage is OP especially at the highest levels. When it's not even really at the highest levels. So clearly the mirages they Are fighting are low gold/silver players. So what is it, is mirage Op because its a noob stomper and EZ mode against gold/silver players. Or is it op because it's only represented in 2 out of the top 70 players. ????

People are so eager to use their experience as facts that they forgot to check statistics.

People forget that many seasons ago Trapper DH was hardly represented at top levels such as ESL games etc and yet it was an amazing noob stomper and the subject of many many nerf threads and guess what? It got nerfed into oblivion. So from "empirical" evidence ANET doesn't balance purely on who plays what class in the top levels.

Just saying.....

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> People forget that many seasons ago Trapper DH was hardly represented at top levels such as ESL games etc and yet it was an amazing noob stomper and the subject of many many nerf threads and guess what? It got nerfed into oblivion. So from "empirical" evidence ANET doesn't balance purely on who plays what class in the top levels.

> Just saying.....

it seemed to me that it was well represented on top250 leaderboard for several seasons.

> People forget that many seasons ago Trapper DH was hardly represented at top levels such as ESL games etc and yet it was an amazing noob stomper and the subject of many many nerf threads and guess what? It got nerfed into oblivion. So from "empirical" evidence ANET doesn't balance purely on who plays what class in the top levels.

> Just saying.....

I think that with all the whining the nerf hammer is undoubtedly coming. I guess we could hope they go for a "change" instead of a straight up nerf.

> Just saying.....

DH was 7 of the top 10 on the leaderboard before it was nerfed.

> @"mortrialus.3062" said:

> > @"Spartacus.3192" said:

> > People forget that many seasons ago Trapper DH was hardly represented at top levels such as ESL games etc and yet it was an amazing noob stomper and the subject of many many nerf threads and guess what? It got nerfed into oblivion. So from "empirical" evidence ANET doesn't balance purely on who plays what class in the top levels.

> > Just saying.....

>

> DH was 7 of the top 10 on the leaderboard before it was nerfed.

That was right at the beginning. It continued to get nerf after nerf to true shot and the traps even after it had been dropped by every pro team.

Even after being dropped by every pro team (because there was more teamfight tools in other specs.), DH were over-represented on the ladder.

This can be explain with the example of chrono and DH during HoT :

During most of HoT seasons, chrono was under-represented in the ladder but was in every pro team.

Inversely, DH was under-represented in pro team but over-represented in soloQ.

DH hard countered chrono in 1v1 and could bring more aoe for on point fights. That's why it was well represented in soloQ.

**But** mesmer has SoH and Portal which had a greater impact on rotations but needed more coordination to be efficient. That's why it was well represented in teamQ.

When you compare the number of people playing teamQ and soloQ, globaly, there were much more DH than chrono during HoT in PvP.

> @"jportell.2197" said:

> > @"incisorr.9502" said:

> > yeah a friendly update to all the lads from @ arena net

> >

> > in top 70 currently there are 2 mesmers out of literally 70 people and one of those mesmers plays duo with a rev

> >

> > not even my opinion at this point im just stating a blatant fact that at 1.7k+ elo there are barely any mesmers left and the ones that are there are certainly not there due to their class, i did say the nerfs were too many and i still think mesmer is "okay" (i don't think core guard and rev are okay cus theyre broken) but ive been the only mesmer in 4 out of 5 games so i decided to look at the names and to my surprise there were literally no others. I know a few other mesmers loom around it so maybe they have decay but at least in the time of checking those are the results

> >

> > went from gw2's trademark class and most op class to literally 2 out of 70, lol

>

> See this is what gets me. People come here saying mirage is OP especially at the highest levels. When it's not even really at the highest levels. So clearly the mirages they Are fighting are low gold/silver players. So what is it, is mirage Op because its a noob stomper and EZ mode against gold/silver players. Or is it op because it's only represented in 2 out of the top 70 players. ????

It’s what it’s always been for the source of Mesmer hate, many players get completely lost when fighting a mesmer due to the clones and stealth, but with Mirage the tell tale dodge roll isn’t a way to tell them apart, so they’re even MORE confused, and the Mirage is “evading everything” because people love to CC and fire every Cd into the CC which doesn’t work against Mirage leading them to think Mirage is this broken unstoppable murder machine.

In actuality, Mirage, like all Mesmer other than MAYBE a Wells chrono, completely sucks in team fights, and is only really great at skirmishes. But lacking the mobility of a thief, ranger, or warrior at moving around the map (not in combat mobility), and also lacking those classes team fighting abilities you’re not gonna see many Mesmer in high end PvP because they don’t bring as much, other than like, portal.

TLDR: it’s bard being bad

> @"Solori.6025" said:

> > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > you can still beat them. yes they are hard but they are not invincible. I play ranger too so at least we have that in common. I'd advise going for something more defensive /sustain that also has aoe dmg at the same time. GS on ranger works quite well with that.. avoid their axe burst as much as you can with dodges, stealth, repositioning etc and try to get the fight in you favor by getting the first hit out of stealth as many times as possible..

> > > >

> > > > You won't avoid Axe burst. It is an ammunition skill with 2 charges that has a recharge per count 8 second.

> > > > Which means that when you dodge both counts, by the time you'll have endurance for one more dodge, you'll already be bursted again and that's not even taking _Mirrored Axes_ in to account, let alone one of other dozens of Mes skills that need be absolute must-dodge in order to survive.

> > > >

> > > > Of course It is nice and appreciated to offer a little advise like you did, but it still won't change the fact that Mirage is insanely overtuned and anyone with a bit of skill is borderline untouchable with it. It definitely needs to be nerfed **so much**.

> > > >

> > >

> > > You're thinking of Lingering Thoughts, which is not a burst skill by any means. The skill you're thinking of is Axes of Symmetry which does not have two charges. I'm not here to argue, just to clarify that.

> >

> > No I am not.

> > I have exactly Lingering Thoughts in mind and yes it is not a burst skill, yet it does a burst-like dmg, because like I said Mirage, as a whole, is extremely overtuned.

>

> ....So the skill you can CC a mirage out of because it has a long telegraphed animation with no evade frames can be side stepped unless they port on top of you and does torment which as has been mathed out countless times does less damage than bleeds and does much less damage in burst than confusion and burning. Not to mention less safe than Axes of symmetry that at least gives you some leeway because it is the only reliable non stealth detarget skill in the mirage kit....that skill right..

Axe 2 is the easiest skill to land. Because you have axe 3. Axe 3 teleports you right next to your target. It's basically not miss-able. U can also use sword 3 or jaunt to do it. Never had problems missing with axe 2.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > @"Solori.6025" said:

> > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > @"Alatar.7364" said:

> > > > > > @"bigo.9037" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you can still beat them. yes they are hard but they are not invincible. I play ranger too so at least we have that in common. I'd advise going for something more defensive /sustain that also has aoe dmg at the same time. GS on ranger works quite well with that.. avoid their axe burst as much as you can with dodges, stealth, repositioning etc and try to get the fight in you favor by getting the first hit out of stealth as many times as possible..

> > > > >

> > > > > You won't avoid Axe burst. It is an ammunition skill with 2 charges that has a recharge per count 8 second.

> > > > > Which means that when you dodge both counts, by the time you'll have endurance for one more dodge, you'll already be bursted again and that's not even taking _Mirrored Axes_ in to account, let alone one of other dozens of Mes skills that need be absolute must-dodge in order to survive.

> > > > >

> > > > > Of course It is nice and appreciated to offer a little advise like you did, but it still won't change the fact that Mirage is insanely overtuned and anyone with a bit of skill is borderline untouchable with it. It definitely needs to be nerfed **so much**.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > You're thinking of Lingering Thoughts, which is not a burst skill by any means. The skill you're thinking of is Axes of Symmetry which does not have two charges. I'm not here to argue, just to clarify that.

> > >

> > > No I am not.

> > > I have exactly Lingering Thoughts in mind and yes it is not a burst skill, yet it does a burst-like dmg, because like I said Mirage, as a whole, is extremely overtuned.

> >

> > ....So the skill you can CC a mirage out of because it has a long telegraphed animation with no evade frames can be side stepped unless they port on top of you and does torment which as has been mathed out countless times does less damage than bleeds and does much less damage in burst than confusion and burning. Not to mention less safe than Axes of symmetry that at least gives you some leeway because it is the only reliable non stealth detarget skill in the mirage kit....that skill right..

>

> Axe 2 is the easiest skill to land. Because you have axe 3. Axe 3 teleports you right next to your target. It's basically not miss-able. U can also use sword 3 or jaunt to do it. Never had problems missing with axe 2.

Someone using swiftness running the opposite direction of u will most likely not get hit by axe 3. It teleports you to where the enemy was when u started the animation. So it often does miss unless you use jaunt very quickly right after.

I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

> @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

> Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

You haven't fought a half decent druid/soulbeast, they will always reset the fight before you can kill. Most thieves will too but you can at least burst them with power because low base health.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

> > Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

>

> You haven't fought a half decent druid/soulbeast, they will always reset the fight before you can kill. Most thieves will too but you can at least burst them with power because low base health.

"you haven't fought blah blah blah" QUIT WITH THAT

I fought oneshot deadeyes that appear out of nowhere and land 23k MB on your minstrel guardian which still only happens if you are dull and not aware of your surroundings (dying to any other build is "mad cuz bad" for most part). I've fought SBs that keep resetting fights till they are finally succesful at killing you with just one rapid fire. And I've killed great share of druids with python-like playstyle of slowly strangling you with their pets and outsustaining ever crap you throw at them. NONE of that was ever as annoying to fight against as mesmers. Absolutely none.

And then they gave them mirage with that exclusive new brand stunbreaking dodge which basically allows a mesmer to cast abilities while being immune to everything. It's not like they'd let you do that anyway with that bazilion of dazes and stuns especially if you are some sodding melee class

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

> > > Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

> >

> > You haven't fought a half decent druid/soulbeast, they will always reset the fight before you can kill. Most thieves will too but you can at least burst them with power because low base health.

>

> "you haven't fought blah blah blah" QUIT WITH THAT

>

> I fought oneshot deadeyes that appear out of nowhere and land 23k MB on your minstrel guardian which still only happens if you are dull and not aware of your surroundings (dying to any other build is "mad cuz bad" for most part). I've fought SBs that keep resetting fights till they are finally succesful at killing you with just one rapid fire. And I've killed great share of druids with python-like playstyle of slowly strangling you with their pets and outsustaining ever kitten you throw at them. NONE of that was ever as annoying to fight against as mesmers. Absolutely none.

>

> And then they gave them mirage with that exclusive new brand stunbreaking dodge which basically allows a mesmer to cast abilities while being immune to everything. It's not like they'd let you do that anyway with that bazilion of dazes and stuns especially if you are some sodding melee class

>

>

>

>

You mean that brand new 6 secs of Exhaustion trait they just nerfed? Oh yea I member that one, it's Hindered Combatant 2.0

> > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

> > > Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

> >

> > You haven't fought a half decent druid/soulbeast, they will always reset the fight before you can kill. Most thieves will too but you can at least burst them with power because low base health.

>

> "you haven't fought blah blah blah" QUIT WITH THAT

>

> I fought oneshot deadeyes that appear out of nowhere and land 23k MB on your minstrel guardian which still only happens if you are dull and not aware of your surroundings (dying to any other build is "mad cuz bad" for most part). I've fought SBs that keep resetting fights till they are finally succesful at killing you with just one rapid fire. And I've killed great share of druids with python-like playstyle of slowly strangling you with their pets and outsustaining ever kitten you throw at them. NONE of that was ever as annoying to fight against as mesmers. Absolutely none.

>

> And then they gave them mirage with that exclusive new brand stunbreaking dodge which basically allows a mesmer to cast abilities while being immune to everything. It's not like they'd let you do that anyway with that bazilion of dazes and stuns especially if you are some sodding melee class

>

>

>

>

At the end of the day a power mirage is a non issue for most players. Condi mirage can be handled my most meta builds atm too or at least you can counter them enough to disengage the fight. The only class that has any legit gripes atm is sword weavers because they're so easily kited.

Rangers (SB or druid) are a far bigger concern balance wise atm for roaming by far.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > > I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

> > > > Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

> > >

> > > You haven't fought a half decent druid/soulbeast, they will always reset the fight before you can kill. Most thieves will too but you can at least burst them with power because low base health.

> >

> > "you haven't fought blah blah blah" QUIT WITH THAT

> >

> > I fought oneshot deadeyes that appear out of nowhere and land 23k MB on your minstrel guardian which still only happens if you are dull and not aware of your surroundings (dying to any other build is "mad cuz bad" for most part). I've fought SBs that keep resetting fights till they are finally succesful at killing you with just one rapid fire. And I've killed great share of druids with python-like playstyle of slowly strangling you with their pets and outsustaining ever kitten you throw at them. NONE of that was ever as annoying to fight against as mesmers. Absolutely none.

> >

> > And then they gave them mirage with that exclusive new brand stunbreaking dodge which basically allows a mesmer to cast abilities while being immune to everything. It's not like they'd let you do that anyway with that bazilion of dazes and stuns especially if you are some sodding melee class

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> You mean that brand new 6 secs of Exhaustion trait they just nerfed? Oh yea I member that one, it's Hindered Combatant 2.0

Oh my, such nerfs much wow. You still have it though, along with range and ability to blink away.

> @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > @"apharma.3741" said:

> > > > @"Vasdamas Anklast.1607" said:

> > > > I can relate OP. I don't play this game as much as I used to (down from 24/7 to 2 hours a week) because of this profession exactly. I am a WvW roamer and so far there is no class more frustrating to fight against than mesmer. It's one of those fights you know your chances to win are near zero and if you still manage to overpower and outplay your opponent thanks to some odds they can get away easily to reset the fight and repeat, there is very little risk.

> > > > Losing/Winning against other classes is fun while winning against some cancerous mirage often makes me waste some candy corn.

> > >

> > > You haven't fought a half decent druid/soulbeast, they will always reset the fight before you can kill. Most thieves will too but you can at least burst them with power because low base health.

> >

> > "you haven't fought blah blah blah" QUIT WITH THAT

> >

> > I fought oneshot deadeyes that appear out of nowhere and land 23k MB on your minstrel guardian which still only happens if you are dull and not aware of your surroundings (dying to any other build is "mad cuz bad" for most part). I've fought SBs that keep resetting fights till they are finally succesful at killing you with just one rapid fire. And I've killed great share of druids with python-like playstyle of slowly strangling you with their pets and outsustaining ever kitten you throw at them. NONE of that was ever as annoying to fight against as mesmers. Absolutely none.

> >

> > And then they gave them mirage with that exclusive new brand stunbreaking dodge which basically allows a mesmer to cast abilities while being immune to everything. It's not like they'd let you do that anyway with that bazilion of dazes and stuns especially if you are some sodding melee class

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> At the end of the day a power mirage is a non issue for most players. Condi mirage can be handled my most meta builds atm too or at least you can counter them enough to disengage the fight. The only class that has any legit gripes atm is sword weavers because they're so easily kited.

>

> Rangers (SB or druid) are a far bigger concern balance wise atm for roaming by far.

It was true with condi chronomancers. As for Mirage - gl with that

>Oh my, such nerfs much wow. You still have it though, along with range and ability to blink away.

LOL. Crying over completely dead trait that hurt way more than helping ? Thats new

Range what?Range that ? Ranger? Are we?

Who doesnt have teleports yet... warrior ,holo ,ranger ( smoke assault actually teleports you so ...) . What you even tried to tell with that?

>It was true with condi chronomancers. As for Mirage - gl with that

Git gud sir - gl with that