Mad King is coming, need advice

Sarah.6580

A few friends and I are planning on leveling some toons in the Labyrinth (assuming they don't make major changes to it) and have been trying to figure out what the best weapon for each class would be. I know that Necro is staff and while they nerfed the Guardian staff/lootstick, its still pretty good. Ranger longbow is not bad, but the cooldown on the aoe #5 skill is a pain, any suggestions? Other than that, I have not done much in the Labyrinth. Any suggestions are welcomed!

In a labyrinth farmtrain the mobs usually die too quickly to stand there and fire off the longbow aoe skill, because the zerg will move on and will kill the next mobs without you. It's ok for door events I guess, but I used the bouncing axe ony my ranger most of the time (and if you also put axe in offhand you can use axe skill 5 instead of longbow skill 5 for door events). Apart from that I mostly went in with my engi using flamethrower, as all my chars were already leveled.

Farm trains are almost always common in the Labyrinth meaning that mobs die very quickly, so you want to have weapons that you can tag reliably. Here are a few suggestions:

• Engineer: pistols

• Elementalist: staff

• Guardian: staff, scepter or longbow

• Mesmer: staff or greatsword

• Thief: shortbow

• Ranger: axe or shortbow

• Revenant: staff or shortbow

• Warrior: longbow

• Necromancer: staff

> @"Sarah.6580" said:

> A few friends and I are planning on leveling some toons in the Labyrinth (assuming they don't make major changes to it) and have been trying to figure out what the best weapon for each class would be. I know that Necro is staff and while they nerfed the Guardian staff/lootstick, its still pretty good. Ranger longbow is not bad, but the cooldown on the aoe #5 skill is a pain, any suggestions? Other than that, I have not done much in the Labyrinth. Any suggestions are welcomed!

For Ranger Spec Marksman to peirce and then all Bow attacks are AoE. However, Shortbow might be better for your purposes. Also, choosing a race that gets drake would be good for flame thrower.

Theif Shortbow also would be good.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > Necro and staff. Farming with anything else is like being alergic to loot.

>

> Specifically scourge with sand savant.

Except that you're also the slowest class and you won't be nearly able to keep up with anyone with leaps.

Daredevil with Shortbow, excellent AoE and extremely fast. I use this for Silverwastes farming, it's simply the fastest thing in the game.

[gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e")

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > Necro and staff. Farming with anything else is like being alergic to loot.

> >

> > Specifically scourge with sand savant.

>

> Except that you're also the slowest class and you won't be nearly able to keep up with anyone with leaps.

>

> Daredevil with Shortbow, excellent AoE and extremely fast. I use this for Silverwastes farming, it's simply the fastest thing in the game.

> [gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e")

You forget mounts are allowed in the arena now. Which is an issue in of itself, since many groups since trash and just rush straight to the doors. And even if they do not, scourge can still have great tagging ability whilst using sand swell/flesh wurm/spec walk.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> Farm trains are almost always common in the Labyrinth meaning that mobs die very quickly, so you want to have weapons that you can tag reliably. Here are a few suggestions:

>

> • Mesmer: staff or greatsword

Definately greatsword. Staff is extremely slow, everything will be dead before you can tag it. Mantra of pain is useful too. Though mesmer will only become really viable for farming once you unlock mirage.

> @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > @"Lahmia.2193" said:

> > > > @"Klipso.8653" said:

> > > > Necro and staff. Farming with anything else is like being alergic to loot.

> > >

> > > Specifically scourge with sand savant.

> >

> > Except that you're also the slowest class and you won't be nearly able to keep up with anyone with leaps.

> >

> > Daredevil with Shortbow, excellent AoE and extremely fast. I use this for Silverwastes farming, it's simply the fastest thing in the game.

> > [gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e "gw2skills.net/editor/?vZIQJAVWn8lClOh9OBWOB0PhFqiyLE+gSYO73+yvLCCggE-jBBDAB0v/wcPBAoUGAwlAIAwBAXHACBwE-e")

>

> You forget mounts are allowed in the arena now. Which is an issue in of itself, since many groups since trash and just rush straight to the doors. And even if they do not, scourge can still have great tagging ability whilst using sand swell/flesh wurm/spec walk.

No, I didn't forget. Daredevil such as the one I posted will be 4000+ units away before anyone gets out of combat to mount.

We will be leveling, not specifically loot farming, and because leveling we won't have elite specs, lol. Thank you all for your suggestions, we'll be trying some of them out before the event. I know that the random mobs between doors need a different playstyle than the doors themselves, and we're still open to more suggestions. The more opinions the better!

Really ? Noone pointed out firebrand ? Firebrand is miles ahead of any class at tagging. The F1 skill 1 is basicaly old staff 1, perfect for tagging. Not only that, there is also skill 4 which is an insanely huge aoe + staff 1,2,3 for extreme long range tagging (+ aoe).

Alongside that, there is no need to worry to run out of f1 charges. There is a trait that fully refreshes F1 (on enemy kill), so you basicaly have it up permanently.

Daredevils with Shortbow will definitely top the list. All other classes will be hard pressed to get tags in before the front runners in the zerg all use mount engage skills and probably kill the mobs before anyone else can tag (which itself was a response to Thieves outpacing the zerg and killing stuff before they could catch up. Mounts were the only way to reliably get there early enough and tag, but enough of them doing it means that nobody else gets a tag.)