Shared Inventory Slots - 22 or 24?

Doghouse.1562

OK, so the patch notes say:

"Three additional Shared Inventory Slots may now be purchased from the Upgrades category of the Gem Store... ...Each account can have up to 22 Shared Inventory Slots at this time. **This limit is not affected by the Shared Inventory Slot provided with the Level-80 Boost with the purchase of Path of Fire or Heart of Thorns™**."

So what does this mean? I'd read "limit is not affected" to mean that it's a **hard** limit - 22 slots via **any** route. Yet I already have 21 slots, including the two from HoT and PoF, and the BLTC says "You can buy 3 more at this price". So BLTC says "you can have 24".

I'm an altoholic, so shared slots are like gold to me. But I'm reluctant to spend money to find out that I can buy 3 slots then only use one of them. Has anyone already tried? DO you get capped at 22 - or can you reach 24?

I have 20 and it used to say I can buy one more. I still have 20 and it now says I can buy 4 more. So the limit is 22 bought plus two free ones from the expansions.

The admittedly better wording for "This limit is not affected by [...]" would have been "Slots obtained for free with the purchase of expansions do not count towards this limit" but the meaning is the same.

> @"Galeskyring.9617" said:

> If you have both pof and hot's slots then your cap is 22, those 2 slots don't count to the cap so with max allowed shared slot purchases (because the gem store won't show it if you cap out) then you you will have 24 in total. If you are unsure then just buy 1 at a time and the store will cut you off when you hit the cap.

I wish I believed that it would cut me off, but I've worked with software way too long to trust to code. And it seems unlikely that the limit is actually 22 including the expansion ones - I think Gaile was trying to say one thing and unintentionally managing to say the exact opposite. But I'm not a fan of being "bleeding edge", so I'm unlikely to try it until I've either seen someone saying they've definitely got more than 22 slots, or ANet clarify it, or (most likely ) a few days pass without howls of anguish and outrage from people complaining that they didn't get the slots they paid for. Ah well.

> @"Doghouse.1562" said:

> > @"Galeskyring.9617" said:

> > If you have both pof and hot's slots then your cap is 22, those 2 slots don't count to the cap so with max allowed shared slot purchases (because the gem store won't show it if you cap out) then you you will have 24 in total. If you are unsure then just buy 1 at a time and the store will cut you off when you hit the cap.

>

> I wish I believed that it would cut me off, but I've worked with software way too long to trust to code. And it seems unlikely that the limit is actually 22 including the expansion ones - I think Gaile was trying to say one thing and unintentionally managing to say the exact opposite. But I'm not a fan of being "bleeding edge", so I'm unlikely to try it until I've either seen someone saying they've definitely got more than 22 slots, or ANet clarify it, or (most likely ) a few days pass without howls of anguish and outrage from people complaining that they didn't get the slots they paid for. Ah well.

>

>

I have 24 Shared Inventory slots. One from each expansion and 22 from the gemstore.

![](https://i.imgur.com/QQeOrD4.png "")

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > @"Doghouse.1562" said:

> > > @"Galeskyring.9617" said:

> > > If you have both pof and hot's slots then your cap is 22, those 2 slots don't count to the cap so with max allowed shared slot purchases (because the gem store won't show it if you cap out) then you you will have 24 in total. If you are unsure then just buy 1 at a time and the store will cut you off when you hit the cap.

> >

> > I wish I believed that it would cut me off, but I've worked with software way too long to trust to code. And it seems unlikely that the limit is actually 22 including the expansion ones - I think Gaile was trying to say one thing and unintentionally managing to say the exact opposite. But I'm not a fan of being "bleeding edge", so I'm unlikely to try it until I've either seen someone saying they've definitely got more than 22 slots, or ANet clarify it, or (most likely ) a few days pass without howls of anguish and outrage from people complaining that they didn't get the slots they paid for. Ah well.

> >

> >

>

> I have 24 Shared Inventory slots. One from each expansion and 22 from the gemstore.

Confirmation: my newly-created alt account on which I had bought no shared slots but did get the "free" ones for buying HoT and PoF was offered "you can buy 22 more at this price".