Will we eventually get some new content?

TheBravery.9615

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > Look, DBL needed more than tweaks. They've tried to fix it up, but it's like trying to get the siding straight on a house with a sinking foundation . Not gonna happen. The entire node cap system (keeps. Towers and Camps) was pushed to the edges of the map to make room for the center event. The center event WAS the map and it never worked, not once. Rather than fix it, it was removed leaving most of the map a pretty wasteland with the afterthought capture circuit around the edges the only thing it had to offer. They later added bloodlust, but the keeps and towers will stay badly placed. And the keeps in the bottom of holes? *facepalm* show me one real castle in a hole, you can't, because it's dumb.

> > >

> > > Ever watch Gordon Ramsey at work? He fixes expensive restaurants that think being expensive makes their food desirable. And they all seem surprised that the slop they dish out isn't drawing customers . Well, I watched the Livestream reveal and the devs that made DBL had the same look as Ramsey's guests. Anet dished out some slop with DBL and blaming the customers for not lining up to buy it is pure BS.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Well actually: https://www.google.com/search?q=predjama+castle&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiykaLZ4sfdAhUHTsAKHZ9MCBUQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=938

> >

> > It's built into the cave.

>

> Built into a cave in the side of a vertical cliff.....

> Is that the bottom of a hole like Fire keep or a valley like Air in your honest opinion?

>

The cave being a natural defense against attacks from above. Yeah, absolutely nonsensical. The whole "would it make sense irl" thing is such a weak cop out to find something to insult. News flash: If you wanted to criticize realism you should have gone for the fact, idk, THERE IS MAGMA EVERYWHERE and everything would melt, everybody would die because of smoke and ambient temperature way into the hundreds of degrees.

Air keep is actually built like a stair case, it makes perfect sense. Look at Minas Tirith if you want another reference. What's your issue with that? Has mountain sides for natural protection, easily defensible fortification. It definitely fits the criteria of a strong defensive position.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > @"LaGranse.8652" said:

> > And fractal players would hate it. We don't need to ruin the fractal players experience for our own gain. Also to fight PvE builds with your WvW build does not sound fun, no real challenge in it.

> >

> > ANet is working on the WvW restructing so you will see large WvW changes when that comes out

>

> Where is the evidence that content is coming with alliances?

>

> The novelty of the new system won't last long.

>

> Where's the maps, mechanics, etc.?

Nobody wants new content and nobody ever said that Alliances = more content to come. The content of WvW is balance patches. You fight, you capture, you defend. The system itself is simple and needs absolutely 0 changes. It's like League of Legends, where you don't change how the game works, but how everybody plays, based on balance changes that put one thing into the spotlight and tone down another.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Air keep is actually built like a stair case, it makes perfect sense. Look at Minas Tirith if you want another reference. What's your issue with that? Has mountain sides for natural protection, easily defensible fortification. It definitely fits the criteria of a strong defensive position.

I must've slept through the part where the Orcs used the side of a hill to bypass all the defenses >,<

Castles are built ON TOP because gravity. Pick nits as you will this is an incontrovertible fact.

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > Considering how people reacted the last time they added something to WvW (refusing to use it out of spite rather than adapting to it), I wouldn't get my hopes up.

> > >

> > > maybe they should actully listen to the comunity before adding stuff next time!!!!! instead of just adding something they think its cool, even tho they dont play WvW, but they clearly know better right!!!

> >

> > Listening to the community is not a great idea ie those stupid polls. How bout getting people in charge of wvw that are actual experts and play the gamemode

>

> You don't get the impression turnover is kinda high? I mean, Karl seemed like the new kid back in 2015 and now he's in charge of balance... And still seems like the new guy <,<

>

> I kinda think "experts" in RvR are hard to come by.. And the money, recruiting effort and attention, absolutely goes to living story.

i mean they do have a wvw team but it looks like they don't even play wvw judging by this silly wxp weekend coming up.

> @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > Considering how people reacted the last time they added something to WvW (refusing to use it out of spite rather than adapting to it), I wouldn't get my hopes up.

> > > >

> > > > maybe they should actully listen to the comunity before adding stuff next time!!!!! instead of just adding something they think its cool, even tho they dont play WvW, but they clearly know better right!!!

> > >

> > > Listening to the community is not a great idea ie those stupid polls. How bout getting people in charge of wvw that are actual experts and play the gamemode

> >

> > You don't get the impression turnover is kinda high? I mean, Karl seemed like the new kid back in 2015 and now he's in charge of balance... And still seems like the new guy <,<

> >

> > I kinda think "experts" in RvR are hard to come by.. And the money, recruiting effort and attention, absolutely goes to living story.

>

> i mean they do have a wvw team but it looks like they don't even play wvw judging by this silly wxp weekend coming up.

How do you find it silly?

> @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > Considering how people reacted the last time they added something to WvW (refusing to use it out of spite rather than adapting to it), I wouldn't get my hopes up.

> > > > >

> > > > > maybe they should actully listen to the comunity before adding stuff next time!!!!! instead of just adding something they think its cool, even tho they dont play WvW, but they clearly know better right!!!

> > > >

> > > > Listening to the community is not a great idea ie those stupid polls. How bout getting people in charge of wvw that are actual experts and play the gamemode

> > >

> > > You don't get the impression turnover is kinda high? I mean, Karl seemed like the new kid back in 2015 and now he's in charge of balance... And still seems like the new guy <,<

> > >

> > > I kinda think "experts" in RvR are hard to come by.. And the money, recruiting effort and attention, absolutely goes to living story.

> >

> > i mean they do have a wvw team but it looks like they don't even play wvw judging by this silly wxp weekend coming up.

>

> How do you find it silly?

People in your match spend a lot of time fighting on the bloodlust points?

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"SloRules.3560" said:

> > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > > > @"hunkamania.7561" said:

> > > > > > @"Rampage.7145" said:

> > > > > > > @"Hyper Cutter.9376" said:

> > > > > > > Considering how people reacted the last time they added something to WvW (refusing to use it out of spite rather than adapting to it), I wouldn't get my hopes up.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > maybe they should actully listen to the comunity before adding stuff next time!!!!! instead of just adding something they think its cool, even tho they dont play WvW, but they clearly know better right!!!

> > > > >

> > > > > Listening to the community is not a great idea ie those stupid polls. How bout getting people in charge of wvw that are actual experts and play the gamemode

> > > >

> > > > You don't get the impression turnover is kinda high? I mean, Karl seemed like the new kid back in 2015 and now he's in charge of balance... And still seems like the new guy <,<

> > > >

> > > > I kinda think "experts" in RvR are hard to come by.. And the money, recruiting effort and attention, absolutely goes to living story.

> > >

> > > i mean they do have a wvw team but it looks like they don't even play wvw judging by this silly wxp weekend coming up.

> >

> > How do you find it silly?

>

> People in your match spend a lot of time fighting on the bloodlust points?

No, but i wouldn't mind it. Making control of bloodlust points worth it, is a step in right direction if you ask me.

> @"derd.6413" said:

> > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > @"LaGranse.8652" said:

> > > And fractal players would hate it. We don't need to ruin the fractal players experience for our own gain. Also to fight PvE builds with your WvW build does not sound fun, no real challenge in it.

> > >

> > > ANet is working on the WvW restructing so you will see large WvW changes when that comes out

> >

> > Where's the maps

>

> why would they want a repeat what happened with the dessert bl

because maybe anet could learn form their mistakes and make a better wvw map next time??? i'd really like a new map similar to the alpine borderlands and ebg map.

> @"BadMed.3846" said:

> WvW does not need new content. We saw new maps. They were pretty but useless. Too big and viability was not well thought of. Redbl still suffers with least amount of players on it.

> Good balance and community that enjoys the game mode is all we need.

We saw one new map. Another new map needn't have the same problems as DBL.

Balance is also somewhat subjective and runs directly in the face of potential build diversity which seems to also be an extremely popular aspect of this game. It would be very easy to add more balance to this game: one build for each class, no build diversity of any kind. But no one wants that because it flies in the face of what an RPG is supposed to allow for and it's boring.

Enjoyment of the game mode is very hard to measure. Different people play for different reasons.

I think it makes more sense from a development standpoint to focus on the things development can consistently provide instead of things which it can't, particularly in a game as complex as GW2.