Mythwright Gambit [Feedback]

Talindra.4958

I have only done first boss, 1%on second boss. Can't wait to play more. I have only spent couple of pulls with pugs (started playing 18 hours after updates). When I logged on, many many ppl on my friends list has completed full clear on normal mode. Checking on LFG, there weren't many group advertise too unlike other wings that I could pug easily at my first playtime after update. I like easier raid tbh, but NOT so easy to an extend all others were raiding when I had to sleep and work, when I'm ready to play after, everyone has already done it LoL. ????

I'm not complaining, just sharing my experience and disadvantage of being oceanic player in EU server, and I can only pug my raid. But in saying this, I still prefer and agree for raid difficulty to be scale at this level. I might have a harder time getting b3 pug but thats OK, it's better for long term weekly FC anyway.. plus it's less toxic and more fun to static group. This is a beautiful raid wing. Thank you and congratulation to the design team. More of this pls.

Si, how do you feel about this new raid compare to the others?

Oh one more thing -- I find the lighting flashing effects are probably a little too much... If we can tone that down, it will be nice.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wing is on the easy side but i must say it is quite fun encounters nevertheless. Especially the last boss...It is not difficult but there are a lot of things happening at the same time while it does rely on good execution. So it is actually fun to play and learn. I really like the idea of having to constantly split to handle all the things going on. The only place were i had a bit of an issue with the effects was the second boss. Mostly cause the telegraphs get a bit lost on the white/blue platform.

As a whole i would say alternating between easier fun wing like w6 and tougher ones like w5 is the ideal cadence.

I really liked the first boss. It's indeed on the easy side, but you need to understand the mechanics well, and those are simple yet at the same time not really trivial. Probably not something i'd want to bring new players into, as execution is rather crucial here.

It's really a fun fight in general.

Second encounter however... well, it's also probably on the easy side, but for completely different reasons. It's, to put it simply, a dodge fest. If you are good at twitch reacting, or are playing mirage (or both) you're golden even if you have no idea what the mechanics are. If your reaction times are half a second too slow, you will have problem however, even if you fully understand the fight. If we add to it the whole effect visibility cancer, that is comparable to original SH, which can make you recognize something is happening just that fraction of a moment later, it becomes a large issue. At least to me. I fully realize that it will become easier with more attempts, but for now it cuts into enjoyment a bit too much. And it's a pity, because otherwise the encounter is really good.

Can't really say anything about the last boss yet.

I agree with the others here. The raid wing itself is not super difficult but it is fun to play in. We don't need ball busting boss like Dhuum all the time so sometimes having creative and fun mechanics is enjoyable. CM is fair game though so go nuts there. There's a lot more movements; groups have to split which people have asked before in terms of balance because self-sufficient classes like Warriors/Reapers etc are good there. The place is also nice to look at.

I'd suggest look into the visual noise on twins since it is a bit hard to look at. While I think the twins is about the right difficulty, I did hope there will be 1 more phase after where you have to fight both bosses at the same time as it felt a bit short.

Other than that good job. Keep making more raids and let's not have the next one be almost 10 months later eh.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> I really liked the first boss. It's indeed on the easy side, but you need to understand the mechanics well, and those are simple yet at the same time not really trivial. Probably not something i'd want to bring new players into, as execution is rather crucial here.

> It's really a fun fight in general.

>

> Second encounter however... well, it's also probably on the easy side, but for completely different reasons. It's, to put it simply, a dodge fest. If you are good at twitch reacting, or are playing mirage (or both) you're golden even if you have no idea what the mechanics are. If your reaction times are half a second too slow, you will have problem however, even if you fully understand the fight. If we add to it the whole effect visibility cancer, that is comparable to original SH, which can make you recognize something is happening just that fraction of a moment later, it becomes a large issue. At least to me. I fully realize that it will become easier with more attempts, but for now it cuts into enjoyment a bit too much. And it's a pity, because otherwise the encounter is really good.

>

> Can't really say anything about the last boss yet.

Re:B2, I feel that dodging the small red aoe is almost like vg blue/black teleporting circle. Once ppl do it few times.. ppl can adapt it .. I find its doable with 400ping. My issue is that.. it's too much flashing effects, idk if I play it too much I might go crazy haha

one more thing - in the second platform, Kenut hide inside all the lighting effect... I like to be able to see Kenut fighting movement .. like Matthias is very good you can see all his movements clearly. hope I am not too critical

I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

I do wonder if it is not also because people are still learning the encounter. So people perform worse on hard classed

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

>

> I do wonder if it is not also because people are still learning the encounter. So people perform worse on hard classed

I don't think so. Mirage is OP at this encounter due to the nature of how a Mirage "dodges" and due to the nature of the conditions a Mirage provides. Mirage's dodging mechanics lead to a lot of bonus dps in comparison to other classes due to how AoE- and thus dodge-heavy the encounter is. Also, both confusion and torment lead to a lot of bonus-damage due to how the bosses behave.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

> >

> > I do wonder if it is not also because people are still learning the encounter. So people perform worse on hard classed

>

> I don't think so. Mirage is OP at this encounter due to the nature of how a Mirage "dodges" and due to the nature of the conditions a Mirage provides. Mirage's dodging mechanics lead to a lot of bonus dps in comparison to other classes due to how AoE- and thus dodge-heavy the encounter is. Also, both confusion and torment lead to a lot of bonus-damage due to how the bosses behave.

The dps check is really not that high. Scourge for example is actually great at Largos due to their consistent damage and torment even though their bench is poor. Hell we did it with 4 melee classes, spellbreaker, DH, power reaper and some other class and we still beat the timer by a mile even though you know how bad that fight it is to melees.

Yes Mirage confusion is stupidly high for this fight but the dps bar is really low that it really doesn't matter that much.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

> >

> > I do wonder if it is not also because people are still learning the encounter. So people perform worse on hard classed

>

> I don't think so. Mirage is OP at this encounter due to the nature of how a Mirage "dodges" and due to the nature of the conditions a Mirage provides. Mirage's dodging mechanics lead to a lot of bonus dps in comparison to other classes due to how AoE- and thus dodge-heavy the encounter is. Also, both confusion and torment lead to a lot of bonus-damage due to how the bosses behave.

Mirage is pretty nice on that boss(es), but you actually **do not have to dodge at** all for the whole encounter. Already saw some CM videos where they only used power classes, so it should be fine.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

In terms of dps most classes are close to one another the diff of 2 to 3k dps shouldnt stop them from adding any dps check.

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

>

> In terms of dps most classes are close to one another the diff of 2 to 3k dps shouldnt stop them from adding any dps check.

well.. the cm b2 I tried today that got us to 2-5% few times before wipe.. the mirage was doing around 12-14k.. when I look at the video on youtube of other mirage just now lol they were over 20k.. if all our mirage were doing that or even with 18k ave.. we could have killed it so easily.. beware a lot of newbie mirage born after w6 came out, we even have a mirage joined us b2CM doing 8k dps xD wonderful pugs

> @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > @"zealex.9410" said:

> >

> > In terms of dps most classes are close to one another the diff of 2 to 3k dps shouldnt stop them from adding any dps check.

>

> well.. the cm b2 I tried today that got us to 2-5% few times before wipe.. the mirage was doing around 12-14k.. when I look at the video on youtube of other mirage just now lol they were over 20k.. if all our mirage were doing that or even with 18k ave.. we could have killed it so easily.. beware a lot of newbie mirage born after w6 came out, we even have a mirage joined us b2CM doing 8k dps xD wonderful pugs

5%~ and a mirage doing 8k what a dps check 0,0

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Talindra.4958" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

> > >

> > > In terms of dps most classes are close to one another the diff of 2 to 3k dps shouldnt stop them from adding any dps check.

> >

> > well.. the cm b2 I tried today that got us to 2-5% few times before wipe.. the mirage was doing around 12-14k.. when I look at the video on youtube of other mirage just now lol they were over 20k.. if all our mirage were doing that or even with 18k ave.. we could have killed it so easily.. beware a lot of newbie mirage born after w6 came out, we even have a mirage joined us b2CM doing 8k dps xD wonderful pugs

>

> 5%~ and a mirage doing 8k what a dps check 0,0

He got kicked after two runs ?

> @"sigur.9453" said:

> > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > @"yann.1946" said:

> > > > @"Raizel.8175" said:

> > > > I did B1 yesterday and tried B2. B1 was pretty much ok, but multiple usage of the sword-skill probably isn't intended? B2 pissed me off though. You'd think they learn from community-backlash about balancing, but apparently they don't. It's really, really, really bad game-design to create a dps-check where one class blatantly and by a large margin outperforms other classes. It's somewhat acceptable at bosses like KC, Matthias or Cairn, since these have rather lenient enrage-timers, but for the love of god, not at an encounter which is a dps-check so that stacking a certain class basically turns the encounter into easy mode - especially a class that is broken anyway concerning its dps-potential in real scenarios. It's even more stupid since the encounter has a CM.

> > >

> > > I do wonder if it is not also because people are still learning the encounter. So people perform worse on hard classed

> >

> > I don't think so. Mirage is OP at this encounter due to the nature of how a Mirage "dodges" and due to the nature of the conditions a Mirage provides. Mirage's dodging mechanics lead to a lot of bonus dps in comparison to other classes due to how AoE- and thus dodge-heavy the encounter is. Also, both confusion and torment lead to a lot of bonus-damage due to how the bosses behave.

>

> Mirage is pretty nice on that boss(es), but you actually **do not have to dodge at** all for the whole encounter. Already saw some CM videos where they only used power classes, so it should be fine.

Yeah this was also part of my reasoning, we don't know yet how much of the fight can be distorted etc.

I'm guessing the big circle attack with the first largos can by ignored by stability.

> @"Amineo.8951" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > Seems like the raid wing is too easy

> > Haven't looked into CMs yet, but I heared they were not noticeable harder than nm

>

> "6th Raid Wing is too easy" -> "500LI + 30 Qadim KP pls".

Asking for experienced players has nothing to do with a wing being easy or not. If people do not want to have to carry others they will put up demands.

A raid wing being easy just means more groups will be available which ask for less since more people will enter it.