Sun's Refuge Portal Scroll and Season 4 Portal Tome

> @"Abdel Muhti.6431" said:

> Its not possible yet to add the Sun's Refuge Portal Scroll to the Season 4 Portal Tome.

My thing is this: Jahai Bluffs and Sun's Refuge released on the same day, so why wasn't it considered to include BOTH portal scrolls for the book? I'd be one thing if we got Sun's Refuge sometime later and there were issues, but there should have been some foresight on this.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Out of curiousity, what is going to happen when Season 5 comes out? 3 books?

>

> Could we get like a Great Encyclopedia of Teleportation that has 'all' the books and devices, including like the Mists thing and the Captains Ship and any device that teleports you anywhere goes in that one, big book?

There are lots of teleportation scrolls:

* Boss Timer (although this has other functions, too)

* Home Portal

* (Forged only) City Portal Scrolls (6, the five racial cities plus one for LA).

* VIP area scrolls

* LS3

* LS4

* LS5? tbd

* Spearmarshal's Plea (also with other functions)

* Hall of Monuments Portal Stone

I don't expect ANet to try to solve every inventory management problem, but perhaps this is something that should be moved to a different part of the UI. Instead of using gizmos to generate the dialogue, there could be a "teleportation wardrobe." Less convenient would be to add teleportation hubs to the Hall of Monuments or Sun's Refuge.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > Out of curiousity, what is going to happen when Season 5 comes out? 3 books?

> >

> > Could we get like a Great Encyclopedia of Teleportation that has 'all' the books and devices, including like the Mists thing and the Captains Ship and any device that teleports you anywhere goes in that one, big book?

>

> There are lots of teleportation scrolls:

> * Boss Timer (although this has other functions, too)

> * Home Portal

> * (Forged only) City Portal Scrolls (6, the five racial cities plus one for LA).

> * VIP area scrolls

> * LS3

> * LS4

> * LS5? tbd

> * Spearmarshal's Plea (also with other functions)

> * Hall of Monuments Portal Stone

>

> I don't expect ANet to try to solve every inventory management problem, but perhaps this is something that should be moved to a different part of the UI. Instead of using gizmos to generate the dialogue, there could be a "teleportation wardrobe." Less convenient would be to add teleportation hubs to the Hall of Monuments or Sun's Refuge.

Or maybe something like the group/raid finder (not logged in the game right now, the name escapes me)? All the things you are listing would be the major categories and spin them open and pick a place and click a 'Go' button.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> Or maybe something like the group/raid finder (not logged in the game right now, the name escapes me)? All the things you are listing would be the major categories and spin them open and pick a place and click a 'Go' button.

Like the LFG tool? Yeah, that might be easier for them, too. Good idea.

>

> I don't expect ANet to try to solve every inventory management problem, but perhaps this is something that should be moved to a different part of the UI. Instead of using gizmos to generate the dialogue, there could be a "teleportation wardrobe." Less convenient would be to add teleportation hubs to the Hall of Monuments or Sun's Refuge.

I don't know how easy or difficult this will be, but I could see this being added to the Novelties page - a fifth slot for teleports. It could only be set to one at a time (per character), and you'd have to decouple the individual scrolls from the LS tomes I guess, but the Novelty interface is already very easy to work with and is a mechanic already implemented for the purpose of using gizmos, which teleports are a subset of.

I would exclude the items that are not solely ports, like the Spearmarshal's Plea and the World Boss thing. And maybe the Home Instance warp because it, alone of all of these, also warps you back out after. (That might make it a different function, in the eyes of programming, and complicate implementation.)

As you say, it is not incumbent on Arenanet to solve all inventory problems, but look at your own list - the number of applicable items is growing and growing, and is going to continue to do so. But, I just feel that if they intend to do so, the existing Novelty mechanic seems tailor-made for the purpose.

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > Out of curiousity, what is going to happen when Season 5 comes out? 3 books?

> >

> > Could we get like a Great Encyclopedia of Teleportation that has 'all' the books and devices, including like the Mists thing and the Captains Ship and any device that teleports you anywhere goes in that one, big book?

>

> There are lots of teleportation scrolls:

> * Boss Timer (although this has other functions, too)

> * Home Portal

> * (Forged only) City Portal Scrolls (6, the five racial cities plus one for LA).

> * VIP area scrolls

> * LS3

> * LS4

> * LS5? tbd

> * Spearmarshal's Plea (also with other functions)

> * Hall of Monuments Portal Stone

>

The solution is already implemented: Shared Inventory Slots. You can have up to 24. and most (if not all) of the portal objects work from them for all characters.

> @"evilsofa.7296" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > Out of curiousity, what is going to happen when Season 5 comes out? 3 books?

> > >

> > > Could we get like a Great Encyclopedia of Teleportation that has 'all' the books and devices, including like the Mists thing and the Captains Ship and any device that teleports you anywhere goes in that one, big book?

> >

> > There are lots of teleportation scrolls:

> > * Boss Timer (although this has other functions, too)

> > * Home Portal

> > * (Forged only) City Portal Scrolls (6, the five racial cities plus one for LA).

> > * VIP area scrolls

> > * LS3

> > * LS4

> > * LS5? tbd

> > * Spearmarshal's Plea (also with other functions)

> > * Hall of Monuments Portal Stone

> >

> > I don't expect ANet to try to solve every inventory management problem, but perhaps this is something that should be moved to a different part of the UI. Instead of using gizmos to generate the dialogue, there could be a "teleportation wardrobe." Less convenient would be to add teleportation hubs to the Hall of Monuments or Sun's Refuge.

>

> The solution is already implemented: Shared Inventory Slots. You can have up to 24. and most (if not all) of the portal objects work from them for all characters.

I don't expect that even ANet thinks that shared inventory is meant to handle 5-8 portal scrolls.

> @"evilsofa.7296" said:

> The solution is already implemented: Shared Inventory Slots. You can have up to 24. and most (if not all) of the portal objects work from them for all characters.

So you are suggesting that as the game continues to grow and we get more and more travel scrolls/items, that we should have to spend cash on Shared Inventory Slots instead of ANet giving us a UI element to handle them?

Can you imagine what kind of mess that's going to be as time passes? Umpteen travel items mixed with salvage things and hair and banker things, buffs and foods? Ugh. The inventory organization (or lack thereof) is bad enough now.

I fully support the idea of making the teleportation utilities their own special SINGULAR container. My shared inventory slots are just completely loaded up with them and it is getting to the point of ridiculous. I mean, look at this... This is just completely out of hand...

![](http://i67.tinypic.com/4g0n85.jpg "")

Of course, I still want the ability to have them shared across all characters in my account but it needs to be done better. This just takes up far too much premium space AND I can't even bring them all!

> @"evilsofa.7296" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > > Out of curiousity, what is going to happen when Season 5 comes out? 3 books?

> > >

> > > Could we get like a Great Encyclopedia of Teleportation that has 'all' the books and devices, including like the Mists thing and the Captains Ship and any device that teleports you anywhere goes in that one, big book?

> >

> > There are lots of teleportation scrolls:

> > * Boss Timer (although this has other functions, too)

> > * Home Portal

> > * (Forged only) City Portal Scrolls (6, the five racial cities plus one for LA).

> > * VIP area scrolls

> > * LS3

> > * LS4

> > * LS5? tbd

> > * Spearmarshal's Plea (also with other functions)

> > * Hall of Monuments Portal Stone

> >

> > I don't expect ANet to try to solve every inventory management problem, but perhaps this is something that should be moved to a different part of the UI. Instead of using gizmos to generate the dialogue, there could be a "teleportation wardrobe." Less convenient would be to add teleportation hubs to the Hall of Monuments or Sun's Refuge.

>

I think the idea of a Tome is to use less inventory slots, Shared or otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...