What kind of WvW player are you?

TheBravery.9615

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> 1. Control Freak: Typically a commander, running with a guild. Voice chat required at all times, you tell pugs to get lost and guild kick anyone that dies in your raids. Generally has a ridiculous group sustain and it takes a zerg twice the size to kill you. Guild builds mandatory. Constantly asks if anyone wants to gvg

> 2. Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper: Typically a troll or sadist that relishes in the fact that you can dish out an ungodly amount of damage from nowhere and likely out of stealth, patiently waits for salty whispers and even provokes anger by throwing siege on your enemy corpses after you delete them off the face of tyria.

> 3. Filthy Casual: Plays on the weekends, generally a bronze or lower rank player. Runs with friends, and plays non-competitively to have a good time. Nothing rustles your jimbos.

> 4. I'm just here for the reward track tbh: PPTS and K-Trains only. Hates W, vW probably most likely for the "Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper" kind of player, likely mainly plays PvE and uses a PvE build in WvW.

> 5. The person that just got a commander tag and takes the server to negative PPK territory: After all those years of criticizing commanders, you finally get enough currency to afford a commander tag. Now you can show those noobs how it's really done, Despite being only a bronze rank. Has good intentions, but probably doesn't know the bad calls and poor positioning is causing the server's ppk to go to hell. Eventually gives up and capture camps and paper towers with a squad of 20 pugs or tailgate another more experienced commander to doubleteam.

> 6. /bow /bow /bow: Typically on the sides of SMC dueling people. Ganks anyone that's disrespectful to others dueling and is somehow elusive to zergs running them over. Doesn't help the server, defend objectives, or resurrect allies.

> 7. I have no idea what I'm doing: Has a .0000001 k/d ratio, never has supplies, and likely squirrels off to kill a harpy if running in a zerg. likely uninstalls after playing for 10 minutes. Never on voice chat.

> 8. Hold 1 and W zerg bot: Self explanatory. Equivalent is the guy playing a healbot ele saying "water" every 2 seconds in voice chat.

> 9. Siege humping intensifies: Has a bottomless pit of superior and guild siege collected and donated over time. Has a secret "War Chest", and will even buy out guilds from other servers. Arrow carts block out the sun. Will take out a paper gate with 15 guild rams and a trebuchet

none love wvw, but getting tired of reading in wvw chat hate from people who seem to think politics,personal attacks belong there and anti american comments are ok this is getting as toxic as wow's community hell even starting up in open world about to shut this down and uninstall game and that could be today, i have better things to do then support this type of community and bs.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Owlkapone.3791" said:

> > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > 1. Control Freak: Typically a commander, running with a guild. Voice chat required at all times, you tell pugs to get lost and guild kick anyone that dies in your raids. Generally has a ridiculous group sustain and it takes a zerg twice the size to kill you. Guild builds mandatory. Constantly asks if anyone wants to gvg

> > 2. Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper: Typically a troll or sadist that relishes in the fact that you can dish out an ungodly amount of damage from nowhere and likely out of stealth, patiently waits for salty whispers and even provokes anger by throwing siege on your enemy corpses after you delete them off the face of tyria.

> > 3. Filthy Casual: Plays on the weekends, generally a bronze or lower rank player. Runs with friends, and plays non-competitively to have a good time. Nothing rustles your jimbos.

> > 4. I'm just here for the reward track tbh: PPTS and K-Trains only. Hates W, vW probably most likely for the "Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper" kind of player, likely mainly plays PvE and uses a PvE build in WvW.

> > 5. The person that just got a commander tag and takes the server to negative PPK territory: After all those years of criticizing commanders, you finally get enough currency to afford a commander tag. Now you can show those noobs how it's really done, Despite being only a bronze rank. Has good intentions, but probably doesn't know the bad calls and poor positioning is causing the server's ppk to go to hell. Eventually gives up and capture camps and paper towers with a squad of 20 pugs or tailgate another more experienced commander to doubleteam.

> > 6. /bow /bow /bow: Typically on the sides of SMC dueling people. Ganks anyone that's disrespectful to others dueling and is somehow elusive to zergs running them over. Doesn't help the server, defend objectives, or resurrect allies.

> > 7. I have no idea what I'm doing: Has a .0000001 k/d ratio, never has supplies, and likely squirrels off to kill a harpy if running in a zerg. likely uninstalls after playing for 10 minutes. Never on voice chat.

> > 8. Hold 1 and W zerg bot: Self explanatory. Equivalent is the guy playing a healbot ele saying "water" every 2 seconds in voice chat.

> > 9. Siege humping intensifies: Has a bottomless pit of superior and guild siege collected and donated over time. Has a secret "War Chest", and will even buy out guilds from other servers. Arrow carts block out the sun. Will take out a paper gate with 15 guild rams and a trebuchet

>

> none love wvw, but getting tired of reading in wvw chat hate from people who seem to think politics,personal attacks belong there and anti american comments are ok this is getting as toxic as wow's community hell even starting up in open world about to shut this down and uninstall game and that could be today, i have better things to do then support this type of community and bs.

Best of luck finding a community on the interweeb more restrained and sanitized. Reality, is.

> @"Owlkapone.3791" said:

> best of luck, no wonder gaming is turning to crap..accept and look the other way.

Welcome to the world as it exists today. My family was on a cruise when a few people wearing MAGA hats decided to come over and try to strike up conversation about politics. Whether you like it or not folks are going to talk about things you don't like in settings you don't want, how do you propose to deal with it other than to ignore it?

> @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > @"Owlkapone.3791" said:

> > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > 1. Control Freak: Typically a commander, running with a guild. Voice chat required at all times, you tell pugs to get lost and guild kick anyone that dies in your raids. Generally has a ridiculous group sustain and it takes a zerg twice the size to kill you. Guild builds mandatory. Constantly asks if anyone wants to gvg

> > > 2. Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper: Typically a troll or sadist that relishes in the fact that you can dish out an ungodly amount of damage from nowhere and likely out of stealth, patiently waits for salty whispers and even provokes anger by throwing siege on your enemy corpses after you delete them off the face of tyria.

> > > 3. Filthy Casual: Plays on the weekends, generally a bronze or lower rank player. Runs with friends, and plays non-competitively to have a good time. Nothing rustles your jimbos.

> > > 4. I'm just here for the reward track tbh: PPTS and K-Trains only. Hates W, vW probably most likely for the "Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper" kind of player, likely mainly plays PvE and uses a PvE build in WvW.

> > > 5. The person that just got a commander tag and takes the server to negative PPK territory: After all those years of criticizing commanders, you finally get enough currency to afford a commander tag. Now you can show those noobs how it's really done, Despite being only a bronze rank. Has good intentions, but probably doesn't know the bad calls and poor positioning is causing the server's ppk to go to hell. Eventually gives up and capture camps and paper towers with a squad of 20 pugs or tailgate another more experienced commander to doubleteam.

> > > 6. /bow /bow /bow: Typically on the sides of SMC dueling people. Ganks anyone that's disrespectful to others dueling and is somehow elusive to zergs running them over. Doesn't help the server, defend objectives, or resurrect allies.

> > > 7. I have no idea what I'm doing: Has a .0000001 k/d ratio, never has supplies, and likely squirrels off to kill a harpy if running in a zerg. likely uninstalls after playing for 10 minutes. Never on voice chat.

> > > 8. Hold 1 and W zerg bot: Self explanatory. Equivalent is the guy playing a healbot ele saying "water" every 2 seconds in voice chat.

> > > 9. Siege humping intensifies: Has a bottomless pit of superior and guild siege collected and donated over time. Has a secret "War Chest", and will even buy out guilds from other servers. Arrow carts block out the sun. Will take out a paper gate with 15 guild rams and a trebuchet

> >

> > none love wvw, but getting tired of reading in wvw chat hate from people who seem to think politics,personal attacks belong there and anti american comments are ok this is getting as toxic as wow's community hell even starting up in open world about to shut this down and uninstall game and that could be today, i have better things to do then support this type of community and bs.

>

> Best of luck finding a community on the interweeb more restrained and sanitized. Reality, is.

>

>

How dare u.

League of Legends community is comprised of the most upstanding and polite individuals imaginable.

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> If there's one thing I'm _not_ however, it's a salt farmer. I realize I can be a frustrating player to fight since at times, I'm prone to being stubborn and abusing shelter or random pugs to get my wins, but I never intend to make people angry. Nor do I like to when it happens. The last thing I want to do is to upset someone but unfortunately a lot of people have fragile egos or misinterpret the context of combat. Either way, I try my best to calm people down if they get angry with me but that doesn't mean I'm innocent either.

Last night I defeated *someone* multiple times, so they invited me into a party. The first thing this person said was "kys." What is your input on that type of scenario? What do you think I should have done?

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Casual is closest, but "plays non-competitively to have a good time. Nothing rustles your jimbos" is far from the truth. Casual in time spent doesn't mean one doesn't a) aim to play to a high level, b) aim to win and c) get flustered if failing at both a and b particularly if an encounter in b is "equal" or in one's favour.

Embrace your destiny, you filthy casual!

Edit: Guild Wars 2 caters to a more mature crowd, so as such filthy casuals have the reins. It’s normal, we all have jobs and other responsibilities.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > Casual is closest, but "plays non-competitively to have a good time. Nothing rustles your jimbos" is far from the truth. Casual in time spent doesn't mean one doesn't a) aim to play to a high level, b) aim to win and c) get flustered if failing at both a and b particularly if an encounter in b is "equal" or in one's favour.

>

> Embrace your destiny, you filthy casual!

>

> Edit: Guild Wars 2 caters to a more mature crowd, so as such filthy casuals have the reins. It’s normal, we all have jobs and other responsibilities.

lol I got properly triggered and RQ after playing really stupidly when warming up earlier! Worse when you see your own mistakes but do them anyway. Must be too much Warframe causing me to skill spam and waste cooldowns! xD

Had to push for a lot of success after that to redeem myself - everyone's their own worst critic! :D

I guess "filthy casual" is the closest that applies to me. Before last week I literally never set foot in the "real" maps other than to buy some armor from the Skritt for Big Spender.

Then I decided to kinda sorta play a little bit. Failed miserably at the zerg thing. I just don't have the dexterity to keep up and it won't get better since I won't get younger. But running around flipping camps, sentries, and killing Dolyaks is fun in its own right. I just accept that occasionally I will encounter other real people who steamroll me (although sometimes I get lucky and actually win a 1v1).

So count me in as a PVE scrub who at least contributes a little something.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> > @"LetoII.3782" said:

> > > @"Owlkapone.3791" said:

> > > > @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> > > > 1. Control Freak: Typically a commander, running with a guild. Voice chat required at all times, you tell pugs to get lost and guild kick anyone that dies in your raids. Generally has a ridiculous group sustain and it takes a zerg twice the size to kill you. Guild builds mandatory. Constantly asks if anyone wants to gvg

> > > > 2. Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper: Typically a troll or sadist that relishes in the fact that you can dish out an ungodly amount of damage from nowhere and likely out of stealth, patiently waits for salty whispers and even provokes anger by throwing siege on your enemy corpses after you delete them off the face of tyria.

> > > > 3. Filthy Casual: Plays on the weekends, generally a bronze or lower rank player. Runs with friends, and plays non-competitively to have a good time. Nothing rustles your jimbos.

> > > > 4. I'm just here for the reward track tbh: PPTS and K-Trains only. Hates W, vW probably most likely for the "Eat my huge burst and give me your delicious salty whisper" kind of player, likely mainly plays PvE and uses a PvE build in WvW.

> > > > 5. The person that just got a commander tag and takes the server to negative PPK territory: After all those years of criticizing commanders, you finally get enough currency to afford a commander tag. Now you can show those noobs how it's really done, Despite being only a bronze rank. Has good intentions, but probably doesn't know the bad calls and poor positioning is causing the server's ppk to go to hell. Eventually gives up and capture camps and paper towers with a squad of 20 pugs or tailgate another more experienced commander to doubleteam.

> > > > 6. /bow /bow /bow: Typically on the sides of SMC dueling people. Ganks anyone that's disrespectful to others dueling and is somehow elusive to zergs running them over. Doesn't help the server, defend objectives, or resurrect allies.

> > > > 7. I have no idea what I'm doing: Has a .0000001 k/d ratio, never has supplies, and likely squirrels off to kill a harpy if running in a zerg. likely uninstalls after playing for 10 minutes. Never on voice chat.

> > > > 8. Hold 1 and W zerg bot: Self explanatory. Equivalent is the guy playing a healbot ele saying "water" every 2 seconds in voice chat.

> > > > 9. Siege humping intensifies: Has a bottomless pit of superior and guild siege collected and donated over time. Has a secret "War Chest", and will even buy out guilds from other servers. Arrow carts block out the sun. Will take out a paper gate with 15 guild rams and a trebuchet

> > >

> > > none love wvw, but getting tired of reading in wvw chat hate from people who seem to think politics,personal attacks belong there and anti american comments are ok this is getting as toxic as wow's community hell even starting up in open world about to shut this down and uninstall game and that could be today, i have better things to do then support this type of community and bs.

> >

> > Best of luck finding a community on the interweeb more restrained and sanitized. Reality, is.

> >

> >

>

> How dare u.

> League of Legends community is comprised of the most upstanding and polite individuals imaginable.

Xbox live community is like an English Supper Club compared to those rapscallions in lol

Those descriptions listed are quite... harsh. Admittedly it is mildly amusing seeing the babyrage salt tumbling towards you when you best someone. My 2 cents:

Jack of all trades. I love theorycrafting builds and solo roaming probably the most since I'm a solo player at heart. Zerging and small scale roaming is also really fun to me.