Are we getting new legendary armor skins?

Clyan.1593

> @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

> > >

> > > I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.

> > > However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

> >

> > Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

>

> What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?

> The content too hard?

> You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?

> I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

I've tried raid content, and it doesn't appeal to me. Primarily, I'm not a twitch gamer - my reflexes are too slow, and I'm also discovered that I'm unable to see some of the visual indications (e.g. blue teleport circles) at some bosses even when changing graphical settings. Yet I'm able to function perfectly well in the rest of PvE. So yes, the raid content is too hard for me, and I'm physically held back from improving there.

As for earning "shinies fast enough", I've been playing the game since early access, and I've logged almost 7000 hours playing it. Thus, I'm perfectly fine with earning things gradually, and time isn't the problem. The issue is locking content behind unnecessary gates that prevents certain players from being able to access it at all. I have the same issue with any content locked behind JPs.

Regarding builds, I've got every class and spec unlocked, and I switch up my builds regularly when patches rebalance things. So yes, I do switch builds frequently. I also look at builds on metabattle and snowcrows to see what is considered good, and try them. None of that overcomes my slow reflexes in Raids, but continually updating builds does help me tackle the rest of PvE.

I also know that I'm not alone in this regard. I've met several players who are even worse than me at twitch-style gaming content. They suck even worse than I do at JPs, and they avoid raids for similar reasons. I'm not sure what percentage of the GW2 population fits into this category, but I suspect it's more than just a tiny minority. It could very well be a significant percentage of casual gamers. I'm just asking that ANet consider making content that doesn't exclude us unnecessarily. Adding a new legendary skin for PvE players that aren't twitch gamers would be a very welcome step toward inclusiveness.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

> > > >

> > > > I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.

> > > > However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

> > >

> > > Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

> >

> > What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?

> > The content too hard?

> > You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?

> > I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

> I've tried raid content, and it doesn't appeal to me. Primarily, I'm not a twitch gamer - my reflexes are too slow, and I'm also discovered that I'm unable to see some of the visual indications (e.g. blue teleport circles) at some bosses even when changing graphical settings. Yet I'm able to function perfectly well in the rest of PvE. So yes, the raid content is too hard for me, and I'm physically held back from improving there.

>

> As for earning "shinies fast enough", I've been playing the game since early access, and I've logged almost 7000 hours playing it. Thus, I'm perfectly fine with earning things gradually, and time isn't the problem. The issue is locking content behind unnecessary gates that prevents certain players from being able to access it at all. I have the same issue with any content locked behind JPs.

>

> Regarding builds, I've got every class and spec unlocked, and I switch up my builds regularly when patches rebalance things. So yes, I do switch builds frequently. I also look at builds on metabattle and snowcrows to see what is considered good, and try them. None of that overcomes my slow reflexes in Raids, but continually updating builds does help me tackle the rest of PvE.

>

> I also know that I'm not alone in this regard. I've met several players who are even worse than me at twitch-style gaming content. They suck even worse than I do at JPs, and they avoid raids for similar reasons. I'm not sure what percentage of the GW2 population fits into this category, but I suspect it's more than just a tiny minority. It could very well be a significant percentage of casual gamers. I'm just asking that ANet consider making content that doesn't exclude us unnecessarily. **Adding a new legendary skin for PvE players that aren't twitch gamers would be a very welcome step toward inclusiveness.**

You bring this up again, skins. Do you just want the skins or the functionality of stat/rune swap? If it's the latter I'll agree with you, the former NO.

> > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

> > > > >

> > > > > I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.

> > > > > However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

> > > >

> > > > Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

> > >

> > > What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?

> > > The content too hard?

> > > You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?

> > > I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

> > I've tried raid content, and it doesn't appeal to me. Primarily, I'm not a twitch gamer - my reflexes are too slow, and I'm also discovered that I'm unable to see some of the visual indications (e.g. blue teleport circles) at some bosses even when changing graphical settings. Yet I'm able to function perfectly well in the rest of PvE. So yes, the raid content is too hard for me, and I'm physically held back from improving there.

> >

> > As for earning "shinies fast enough", I've been playing the game since early access, and I've logged almost 7000 hours playing it. Thus, I'm perfectly fine with earning things gradually, and time isn't the problem. The issue is locking content behind unnecessary gates that prevents certain players from being able to access it at all. I have the same issue with any content locked behind JPs.

> >

> > Regarding builds, I've got every class and spec unlocked, and I switch up my builds regularly when patches rebalance things. So yes, I do switch builds frequently. I also look at builds on metabattle and snowcrows to see what is considered good, and try them. None of that overcomes my slow reflexes in Raids, but continually updating builds does help me tackle the rest of PvE.

> >

> > I also know that I'm not alone in this regard. I've met several players who are even worse than me at twitch-style gaming content. They suck even worse than I do at JPs, and they avoid raids for similar reasons. I'm not sure what percentage of the GW2 population fits into this category, but I suspect it's more than just a tiny minority. It could very well be a significant percentage of casual gamers. I'm just asking that ANet consider making content that doesn't exclude us unnecessarily. **Adding a new legendary skin for PvE players that aren't twitch gamers would be a very welcome step toward inclusiveness.**

>

> You bring this up again, skins. Do you just want the skins or the functionality of stat/rune swap? If it's the latter I'll agree with you, the former NO.

>

>

Up to now, each new legendary armor has had a unique skin. Thus, I'm not sure if we can expect to get one without the other. It would be fantastic if we could get stat swapping on any gear, but I don't expect they'll give us that or it would significantly undercut the value of legendary items. However, if a new PvE legendary armor just used some kind of basic or re-used skin that included the stat-swapping function, I'd be ok with that option. The actual appearance may not be a big deal since most players would probably transmute it anyway.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> I don't mind PvE getting a second set (without needing Raids) since PvP and WvW each has their own.

That's the thing though, raids IS the PVE set...

Also, nothing is really stopping you guys from just buying raid runs with the gold you earned farming Istan. That's how you get your legendary weapons already anyway, by buying most of the mats/precursors on TP.

> @"TheShniper.1852" said:

> How would it be time gated?

That's easy, just add a new currency to the daily rewards from epic creatures. People are asking for them to get a loot upgrade since like forever. Also, maybe add another currency to legendary creatures so that people have an incentive to kill them as well.

> @"TheShniper.1852" said:

> What type of tough commitment would it take like the other modes?

Time, most legendary sets are participation rewards for their respective game modes so that would be the obvious pick. The WvW set takes how long? 22 weeks iirc. so there you go.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.

> > > > > > However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

> > > > >

> > > > > Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

> > > >

> > > > What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?

> > > > The content too hard?

> > > > You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?

> > > > I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

> > > I've tried raid content, and it doesn't appeal to me. Primarily, I'm not a twitch gamer - my reflexes are too slow, and I'm also discovered that I'm unable to see some of the visual indications (e.g. blue teleport circles) at some bosses even when changing graphical settings. Yet I'm able to function perfectly well in the rest of PvE. So yes, the raid content is too hard for me, and I'm physically held back from improving there.

> > >

> > > As for earning "shinies fast enough", I've been playing the game since early access, and I've logged almost 7000 hours playing it. Thus, I'm perfectly fine with earning things gradually, and time isn't the problem. The issue is locking content behind unnecessary gates that prevents certain players from being able to access it at all. I have the same issue with any content locked behind JPs.

> > >

> > > Regarding builds, I've got every class and spec unlocked, and I switch up my builds regularly when patches rebalance things. So yes, I do switch builds frequently. I also look at builds on metabattle and snowcrows to see what is considered good, and try them. None of that overcomes my slow reflexes in Raids, but continually updating builds does help me tackle the rest of PvE.

> > >

> > > I also know that I'm not alone in this regard. I've met several players who are even worse than me at twitch-style gaming content. They suck even worse than I do at JPs, and they avoid raids for similar reasons. I'm not sure what percentage of the GW2 population fits into this category, but I suspect it's more than just a tiny minority. It could very well be a significant percentage of casual gamers. I'm just asking that ANet consider making content that doesn't exclude us unnecessarily. **Adding a new legendary skin for PvE players that aren't twitch gamers would be a very welcome step toward inclusiveness.**

> >

> > You bring this up again, skins. Do you just want the skins or the functionality of stat/rune swap? If it's the latter I'll agree with you, the former NO.

> >

> >

> Up to now, each new legendary armor has had a unique skin. Thus, I'm not sure if we can expect to get one without the other. It would be fantastic if we could get stat swapping on any gear, but I don't expect they'll give us that or it would significantly undercut the value of legendary items. However, if a new PvE legendary armor just used some kind of basic or re-used skin that included the stat-swapping function, I'd be ok with that option. The actual appearance may not be a big deal since most players would probably transmute it anyway.

Here's something I can agree on. Let's say you **"craft"** an Ascended piece of armor (none from chest drops allowed). Then you can pick up the Journey from Grandmaster Hobbs or that little Asuran, lol. Then you proceed on your journey for the conversion while when completed it retains it's original skin. You just get Legendary functionality.

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

> > > > >

> > > > > I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.

> > > > > However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

> > > >

> > > > Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

> > >

> > > What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?

> > > The content too hard?

> > > You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?

> > > I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

> >

> > Raids, even when they are easier, don't appeal to the general population. There's a very good reason why most pve content for most games are focused around 2-5 people, and not 10+. Even in regards to difficult content, 5 player content that is difficult will still see more participation than difficult raids.

>

> That doesn't answer the question as to "why" you need Legendary gear other than for the skins.

> Raids: Will change stats/runes per boss/meta.

> WvW: Will change stats/runes per meta/encounter.

> sPvP- Pure rewards.

> OWPvE- ???

Well OWPvE would be same as SPvP Pure rewards.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > > > > > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > No we are not is the answer to that question imagen the outcry if raids got a second set

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I doubt that, since you can get legendary also in PvP and WvW, so one more set won't make anyone howl on top of their lungs.

> > > > > > However a-net stated clearly they are not making another legendary armor set (visual-wise) after the mountain of work it took to make current raiding one, that got rather lukewarm reception from players.

> > > > >

> > > > > Gating a legendary armor behind raids, which supposedly only caters to a tiny minority (~10%) of the PvE playerbase, was definitely a factor in why that armor got a lukewarm reception. If they would make a legendary armor targeted for the remaining 90% of PvE players, it would probably be a lot more well received, especially if it's visually appealing.

> > > >

> > > > What's stopping the 90% of PvE players from getting together and doing Raids?

> > > > The content too hard?

> > > > You can't get your shinies fast enough so you can get back to farming?

> > > > I can go on but ... other than skins, how often does 90% of the PvE players change their builds?

> > >

> > > Raids, even when they are easier, don't appeal to the general population. There's a very good reason why most pve content for most games are focused around 2-5 people, and not 10+. Even in regards to difficult content, 5 player content that is difficult will still see more participation than difficult raids.

> >

> > That doesn't answer the question as to "why" you need Legendary gear other than for the skins.

> > Raids: Will change stats/runes per boss/meta.

> > WvW: Will change stats/runes per meta/encounter.

> > sPvP- Pure rewards.

> > OWPvE- ???

>

> Well OWPvE would be same as SPvP Pure rewards.

Not really. You can go into sPvP naked. It's all handed to you at no cost. I'll have to check on that naked thing, lol.