Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> What will happen to the sanity all those sigil and rune buyers if we find out you don't get the new material from salvaging runes and sigils but from gear only?

It's literally the first thing on the [news item](https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/ "news item"):

>Runes and sigils are becoming salvageable. That’s right, no more minor runes and sigils clogging up your bag space!

>When runes and sigils are salvaged, they’ll yield a new material called a lucent mote. You’ll also have a chance to salvage rarer materials: symbols from sigils, and charms from runes. Lucent motes can be refined by all crafting disciplines and—along with symbols and charms—used in recipes to create sigils and runes.

So expect another 44 pages of rage if they go back on this :p

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

> >

> > I'll take it :)

>

> It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

It's accessible now, that's all that matters really . . .

> @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

> >

> > I'll take it :)

>

> It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

I was hoping they'd make it cost less than that (e.g. ~1g to 3g range each), but at least it's craftable now.

> @"Kalendraf.9521" said:

> > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > @"Gop.8713" said:

> > > > @"Tyson.5160" said:

> > > > So the recipe is in. 10 Lucent crystals, 10 Elaborate Totems, 2 symbols of control, 10 ectos.

> > >

> > > I'll take it :)

> >

> > It costs around 5 gold, but the items are all farmable.

>

> I was hoping they'd make it cost less than that (e.g. ~1g to 3g range each), but at least it's craftable now.

Fair enough, however the items are farmable without costing anything too.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Yes, but as mentioned above all the components are easily available, so you don't really need to spend a copper (well, except for the initial recipe i guess) and can farm them yourself.

Speaking from an economical point of view farming something is not the same as not spending a copper. There is this thing called opportunity cost, so you have to compare your farming activity with what you would have done otherwise. But I do think the prices for some materials for crafting Sigils of Nullification are quite inflated at the moment and the situation will become better... unlike for other things for which Anet chose crafting materials that are even rarer than Sigils of Nullification before this patch.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> Yes, but as mentioned above all the components are easily available, so you don't really need to spend a copper (well, except for the initial recipe i guess) and can farm them yourself.

Yeah, crafting cost if you get the materials yourself is not 9 gold. Sure right now people go crazy over the materials needed rather than the sigils (and people try to sell the materials at a higher price rather than the sigil itself), but over time the price will most likely drop, as impatient people either bought it and patient people just farm it themselves.

The most important thing is, you actually have that option.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> Yeah, crafting cost if you get the materials yourself is not 9 gold. Sure right now people go crazy over the materials needed rather than the sigils (and people try to sell the materials at a higher price rather than the sigil itself), but over time the price will most likely drop, as impatient people either bought it and patient people just farm it themselves.

When they fix the bug with the drop rate of the symbols, that isn't the problem. I think you need to many of the other components. Even with the regular buy price of ectos(16s) and the Elaborate Totem(23s) the sigil costs at least 3,9g. I think that is still too high. And farming the resources is not an option if you can farm the gold much faster.

Now, when you look at other sigils, they have the same problem, but other then in the case of the sigil of nullification, their starting price is under 1g. So in the future, you will have to pay for this sigils 5-20 times the price from before.

> @"Lord Alfred.6541" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > Yeah, crafting cost if you get the materials yourself is not 9 gold. Sure right now people go crazy over the materials needed rather than the sigils (and people try to sell the materials at a higher price rather than the sigil itself), but over time the price will most likely drop, as impatient people either bought it and patient people just farm it themselves.

>

> When they fix the bug with the drop rate of the symbols, that isn't the problem. I think you need to many of the other components. Even with the regular buy price of ectos(16s) and the Elaborate Totem(23s) the sigil costs at least 3,9g. I think that is still too high. And farming the resources is not an option if you can farm the gold much faster.

>

> Now, when you look at other sigils, they have the same problem, but other then in the case of the sigil of nullification, their starting price is under 1g. So in the future, you will have to pay for this sigils 5-20 times the price from before.

Just looking at the cost to craft the sigil of nullification misses the point. Linking the supply of the sigil to readily available mats stabilizes the price. The problem this collection created was that a 600g investment both increased the price of the sigil 800-fold and removed the entire stock of the sigil from the tp with no ready means to replace it. Making the sigil craftable fixes both of those problems. A 600g investment in ectos and totems would do practically nothing to that market, and even if someone could buy up the entire supply it would be replaced by the constant supply of those mats from normal play. So if the crafting system had been in place when the episode launched, the problems with the collection would have been avoided . . .

Also, from an individual player perspective this system is better bc it increases access to the sigils you want. With the crafting system, if you find yourself in need of a new set you can still buy off tp or you can look in your bank to see if you have the mats to craft it and if you're short you can look on tp to make up the difference or if you don't have gold you can buy them with karma or laurels or if you don't have any currency of any kind you can just go play the game and watch as the mats materialize. So while it is true that the worthless runes and sigils you didn't want anyway now cost more than they did, moving forward all the runes and sigils you want -- most particularly the ones you don't know you want yet -- will be constantly available, and at a stable price . . .

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> *But it’s not about the price*, as many people have said in this thread...

> Now we’ve got a solid recipe, it’s very clear this thread was *all about the price*.

Solid recipe with items you can acquire yourself. The sigil of nullification costs 8g to craft, which is similar to the 9g it used to be on the tp, and yet there is little reason to complain even if the price is similar. Meaning, the price was never the problem.

> @"Haleydawn.3764" said:

> *But it’s not about the price*, as many people have said in this thread...

> Now we’ve got a solid recipe, it’s very clear this thread was *all about the price*.

Can't tell if this is irony, trolling or just a truly radical interpretation of the text lol . . .