LW maps without doing story

There was a bug for the newest map on the day of release that gave you access to Jahai simply by clicking the Kourna map scroll, they've since fixed that though and I'm not sure many people got in that way anyway.

In terms of story access, getting to the new map isn't that much of a hassle, rated 1st in terms of ease of accessibility this season IMO, followed by Kourna, with Istan and Sandswept being most annoying to get to.

Depends on the Living World season.

For season 4, you need to have the episode unlocked (i.e. you need to have logged in when it was free or buy it from the gem store) and you can use a Teleport to Friend to teleport to a party member on that that map. Easy enough, I haven't touched LWS4 and I have all zones unlocked.

For season 3, you do need to have the episode unlocked AND do the relevant story mission(s). I tried using a Teleport to Friend to get into Lake Doric before doing any LWS3 story but I ended up wasting the TtF.

The only thing I'm not sure is if you have to do the story for that particular character to unlock the map and use the TtF because I ported all my alts with the portal tome.

> @"amrthlessar.3958" said:

> Is there any way to get LW maps without doing the story? Specially from new season?

> I am a casual player. I HATE THE STORY. It sucks, honestly. It's all about killing thousands of lvl 80 mobs without even getting a damned 2 copper stick as loot from them.

> So is it possible to get access avoiding such wasting of time?

The new map can be reached from Vabbi without doing the story.

> @"amrthlessar.3958" said:

> I am a casual player. I HATE THE STORY. It sucks, honestly. It's all about killing thousands of lvl 80 mobs without even getting a damned 2 copper stick as loot from them.

This season has excellent writing, the story is fantastic. How that qualifies as "it sucks" is beyond me. You really should give it a try. :)

But if you are only playing for loot (which is not what RPGs of any kind are mainly about), I recommend you go play Diablo-like games instead.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"amrthlessar.3958" said:

> > I am a casual player. I HATE THE STORY. It sucks, honestly. It's all about killing thousands of lvl 80 mobs without even getting a damned 2 copper stick as loot from them.

>

> This season has excellent writing, the story is fantastic. How that qualifies as "it sucks" is beyond me. You really should give it a try. :)

>

> But if you are only playing for loot (which is not what RPGs of any kind are mainly about), I recommend you go play Diablo-like games instead.

Nope. I don't have to change of mmo just because of a few dev's caprice. I like the game, all of it but story.

I have completed core story, plus LW season 2, plus season 3, AND ALL THEY SUCK. Also tried the new season.

So I do know what I am talking about.

I am not here to convince anyone anyway. If you choose to love the story, then do it and be happy.

Getting through those bromidic dialogues and useless mob massacres to get access must not be an obligation, but a choice.

Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

Edit: you could also try to teleport to friend with someone in the zone and buy the scroll for the area. I have the tomes for season 3 and 4 and all my alts can use them to go to those zones (as long as they're high enough level) without doing any story.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

>

> I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

>

> It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

>

> As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

>

> I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

>

> But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

> >

> > I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

> >

> > It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

> >

> > As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

> >

> > I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

> >

> > But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

>

> The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

k thanks for confirming. So there is the portal from domain of kourna that might work or the teleport to friend which I put in an edit.

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

> > >

> > > I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

> > >

> > > It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

> > >

> > > As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

> > >

> > > I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

> > >

> > > But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

> >

> > The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

>

> k thanks for confirming. So there is the portal from domain of kourna that might work or the teleport to friend which I put in an edit.

I'm curious to know if the Kourna portal works. It didn't show up for me until after I was in the map before...however there were a lot of day one bugs so it could have been part of that since when I activated the story, it tried to send me through that portal which didn't exist yet, instead of Vabbi like it was meant to.

As for the OP's request, I have no issue with those who dislike the story entering the maps. There are a few ways

- walking in or using a boat/airship npc

- an upgradable Guild Hall portal

- adding the teleport map scrolls to other NPCs when the episode is live for a currency like laurels

Or yes, use the teleport to friend as a working and current method

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

> > >

> > > I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

> > >

> > > It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

> > >

> > > As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

> > >

> > > I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

> > >

> > > But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

> >

> > The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

>

> k thanks for confirming. So there is the portal from domain of kourna that might work or the teleport to friend which I put in an edit.

I expect the portal from Kourna to Work like the Lysaa Portal in DR. It's inaccessible until you've unlocked the area through the story. Even if you have access to the area you can't actually use the portal until you unlock that section of the game.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

> > > >

> > > > I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

> > > >

> > > > It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

> > > >

> > > > As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

> > > >

> > > > I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

> > > >

> > > > But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

> > >

> > > The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

> >

> > k thanks for confirming. So there is the portal from domain of kourna that might work or the teleport to friend which I put in an edit.

>

> I expect the portal from Kourna to Work like the Lysaa Portal in DR. It's inaccessible until you've unlocked the area through the story. Even if you have access to the area you can't actually use the portal until you unlock that section of the game.

Do you mean unlock it with your account (so with just one character) or does each individual character have to unlock it separately?

> @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

> > > > >

> > > > > I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

> > > > >

> > > > > It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

> > > > >

> > > > > As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

> > > > >

> > > > > I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

> > > > >

> > > > > But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

> > > >

> > > > The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

> > >

> > > k thanks for confirming. So there is the portal from domain of kourna that might work or the teleport to friend which I put in an edit.

> >

> > I expect the portal from Kourna to Work like the Lysaa Portal in DR. It's inaccessible until you've unlocked the area through the story. Even if you have access to the area you can't actually use the portal until you unlock that section of the game.

>

> Do you mean unlock it with your account (so with just one character) or does each individual character have to unlock it separately?

That is a per character lock. It's part of the reason they made the portal scrolls. Even Lake Doric which has a direct access portal can't be accessed until the character in question unlocks it. Oddly enough Bitterfrost doesn't work that way, but those are the only two that were even accessible by portals.

> @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > @"Kal Spiro.9745" said:

> > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > > > > > @"Gehenna.3625" said:

> > > > > > Well I haven't tried but since it's adjacent to existing areas you may be able to enter via portal just the same. However, there is one additional item that you need to consider: Sun's Refuge. That instance is also the source of a number of collections and I do believe you need to unlock it via the story since the portal isn't active initially.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I wonder how they do some of these things because it does seem to be an account unlock since I could let an alt travel there with the Spearmarshal's Plea item without having done the story on that alt.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It could be worth trying out the Spearmarshal's Plea item if you have that and see if it takes you to the Sun's Refuge. Do not use the exit button on the right of the screen then but walk outside through the portal. My alt did that and was on the new map. Just not sure if that works if none of your alts have gone through the story.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As a sidenote, I get that you hate the story and I agree with you for the most part on that. This chapters was enjoyable for me and seemed a lot less of a drag, however, I totally get that you want to skip it. I also tried to find ways to skip the story on alts. My main takes all the story bullets but I was glad to find out that for HoT I didn't need to do anything for my alts and for PoF only the first quest which was doable.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I like to play open world and do some crafting. I do the story on my main just to get it over with mostly for context and sometimes you need to do some things via story or it blocks you from things (not just zones).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But yeah, try to use the Spearmarshal's Plea if you have it. There is a chance you can bypass it that way if there isn't just a portal to go through on the maps next to it. I know that there is a portal on the southside so you could try from the north side of the Domain of Kourna, which is where the portal is (North Eastern part roughly).

> > > > >

> > > > > The Plea doesn't get the option until you unlock Suns Refuge in the story

> > > >

> > > > k thanks for confirming. So there is the portal from domain of kourna that might work or the teleport to friend which I put in an edit.

> > >

> > > I expect the portal from Kourna to Work like the Lysaa Portal in DR. It's inaccessible until you've unlocked the area through the story. Even if you have access to the area you can't actually use the portal until you unlock that section of the game.

> >

> > Do you mean unlock it with your account (so with just one character) or does each individual character have to unlock it separately?

>

> That is a per character lock

Ahh then I can test it on my ranger cause she hasn't done the story but has access to the Domain of Kourna.

Edit: Just tested it and my ranger is now in Jahai Bluffs without having done any of the LS story.

> This season has excellent writing, the story is fantastic. How that qualifies as "it sucks" is beyond me. You really should give it a try. :)

>

I find the story completely uninteresting myself. I do the story elements only out of a sense of obligation. However, that's my choice and I could simply skip them if I wanted to, as can the OP.

> @"Biff.5312" said:

> You don't have to actually complete the story or anything. Even if you just start it long enough to get the first wp, you're in. That saves a teleport to friend, if you don't hate it SO much that you can't bear with even the intro.

Right, my mistake. But you do have to start and get, let's say, about 30-40% of the story completed, in order to get access to that new map, so you can unlock a close wp. If you leave the story instance, the game kicks you off it back to the PoF map where you started the episode. I also tried that.

I highlight this point, because it didn't happened with old LW seasons. You were able to unlock a wp as soon as you arrived the new map. So you could send the beautiful story... to the hell, so you did enjoy exploring the new map.

Anyway, I'll keep in mind your suggestions. Much obliged.