Idea: Superior Rune of Thorns

Legoar.2150

Any thoughts about the forgotten: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_Thorns

With a Build for Fractals and Raidsbosses like Sabetha and Sloth.

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRArf7fnE9CV3gN3Au1A83gFjBjialebdumXj+ZBgDAA-jxhHQB0T9HAcSA0oSw3t/A50PUrnAABV+FA4AY8iX8iHM+4jP+4jXxHf8xHf8xHf8xLFwii2A-e

And Raidbosses like Gorseval and VG with Soulreaping 1-2-3

Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

Yes it can stack, but it needs you to be hit.

Which isn't very good on all bosses. Best would be sabetha as she always hits the group for very small amounts of dmg.

Before renegade rune was introduced, thorne rune was meta. Then we had the bleeding rune, now it's renegade

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

> Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

I would be behind this

It is really odd that we dont have a way to stack the poison condition with even moderate intensity let alone keep it applied under pressure.

> @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

> > Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

>

> I would be behind this

> It is really odd that we dont have a way to stack the poison condition with even moderate intensity let alone keep it applied under pressure.

I think that's intended. No class can really stack poison that good.

But that might be due to how poison works. It lowers healing, but for doing this, only one stack of poison is needed

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

> > > Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

> >

> > I would be behind this

> > It is really odd that we dont have a way to stack the poison condition with even moderate intensity let alone keep it applied under pressure.

>

> I think that's intended. No class can really stack poison that good.

> But that might be due to how poison works. It lowers healing, but for doing this, only one stack of poison is needed

Rangers can stack it pretty high. Some Thief and Engineer builds, too, though not as well as Ranger.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

> > > > Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

> > >

> > > I would be behind this

> > > It is really odd that we dont have a way to stack the poison condition with even moderate intensity let alone keep it applied under pressure.

> >

> > I think that's intended. No class can really stack poison that good.

> > But that might be due to how poison works. It lowers healing, but for doing this, only one stack of poison is needed

>

> Rangers can stack it pretty high. Some Thief and Engineer builds, too, though not as well as Ranger.

Oh right I forgot that Condi ranger still exists xD only playing heal druid as a ranger spec right now.

But still the rune has its problems, as it will only give you more Condi dmg if you get hit

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

> > > > Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

> > >

> > > I would be behind this

> > > It is really odd that we dont have a way to stack the poison condition with even moderate intensity let alone keep it applied under pressure.

> >

> > I think that's intended. No class can really stack poison that good.

> > But that might be due to how poison works. It lowers healing, but for doing this, only one stack of poison is needed

>

> Rangers can stack it pretty high. Some Thief and Engineer builds, too, though not as well as Ranger.

Rangers might be able to stack it higher(I'm actually a bit doubtful on that), but if based solely on Poison DPS, Thief wins because of Potent Poison.

> @"Yannir.4132" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > > > @"ZDragon.3046" said:

> > > > > @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> > > > > Sadly poison isn't really a condition that the necromancer rely on. On the necromancer this rune is basicaly 45% poison duration wasted.

> > > > > Give the necromancer an e-spec that easily build up poison stacks to the point that it can primarily rely on this condition for it's dps and this rune will see some use but right now, it's mainly a subpar choice for a necromancer.

> > > >

> > > > I would be behind this

> > > > It is really odd that we dont have a way to stack the poison condition with even moderate intensity let alone keep it applied under pressure.

> > >

> > > I think that's intended. No class can really stack poison that good.

> > > But that might be due to how poison works. It lowers healing, but for doing this, only one stack of poison is needed

> >

> > Rangers can stack it pretty high. Some Thief and Engineer builds, too, though not as well as Ranger.

>

> Rangers might be able to stack it higher(I'm actually a bit doubtful on that), but if based solely on Poison DPS, Thief wins because of Potent Poison.

Yeah im pretty sure thief can do it for high stacks at longer durations while ranger is more of slightly higher stacks but the durations are shorter the damage will jump up and down over time while thief is kind of consistently high.