So... Mirage Mirrors.

glenndevis.8327

I don’t like the idea of a mechanic that tells the enemy where the Mirage wants to be. That and the fact that our class mechanic is to shatter illusions seems like a missed opportunity.

They should look in to also allowing the nearest Mirage Mirror to be shattered when you use a shatter skill, or maybe just Mind Wrack and Cry of Frustration. Triggering its effect in the area and granting you Mirage Cloak from a distance.

In addition, they could add a trait or update the existing deception skill one to grant you an illusion if you shatter a mirror with a shatter skill. That would make it work as a Mirage version of Illusionary Reversion.

> @Dastion.3106 said:

> I don’t like the idea of a mechanic that tells the enemy where the Mirage wants to be. That and the fact that our class mechanic is to shatter illusions seems like a missed opportunity.

>

> They should look in to also allowing the nearest Mirage Mirror to be shattered when you use a shatter skill, or maybe just Mind Wrack and Cry of Frustration. Triggering its effect in the area and granting you Mirage Cloak from a distance.

>

> In addition, they could add a trait or update the existing deception skill one to grant you an illusion if you shatter a mirror with a shatter skill. That would make it work as a Mirage version of Illusionary Reversion.

>

This is another interesting idea. Shattering shatters a Mirage Mirror and grants you Mirage Cloak.

(Note: Non-raid PvE)

I enjoy doing sand through glass, burning a dodge and ambush-leaping forward (sword). Particularly if the breakbar is nearly at the end so the combined smacks of the mirages will stun the target. I do use confounding suggestions btw. You sand out of an Point Blank AoE and come back carrying stuns, conditions and minor AoE damage. Then follow up with a shatter. Nice tasty combo. Or you do it immediately after a shatter so the dodge isn't 'burnt' but generates another clone (deceptive evasion).

Now while I enjoy it, I don't think its particularly worth the investment (utility slot + precious dodge on melee squish character + ambush) to synergise with a mirror dropping like that. If the mirror did something more substantial then this mechanic is cool and interesting. Right now though, no.

The potential is there though which I appreciate.

> @Dastion.3106 said:

> I don’t like the idea of a mechanic that tells the enemy where the Mirage wants to be. That and the fact that our class mechanic is to shatter illusions seems like a missed opportunity.

>

> They should look in to also allowing the nearest Mirage Mirror to be shattered when you use a shatter skill, or maybe just Mind Wrack and Cry of Frustration. Triggering its effect in the area and granting you Mirage Cloak from a distance.

>

> In addition, they could add a trait or update the existing deception skill one to grant you an illusion if you shatter a mirror with a shatter skill. That would make it work as a Mirage version of Illusionary Reversion.

>

I was thinking of something like that. Our shatters could shatter our Mirrors, giving us Mirage Cloak & doing an efect at the location of the Mirror (dependant on the shatter.)

F1: Power damage around the Mirror's location.

F2: Condi damage around the Mirror's location.

F3: Daze around the Mirror's location.

F4: Shatters our Mirrors & spawns a clone for every Mirror shattered.

This way Mirage could shatter without actually losing our clones. It would also give us more synergy with our current shatter traits as well.

Desert Distortion trait could be changed into a trait that spawns a Mirage Mirror whenever we successfully dodge an attack (10 sec cooldown maybe)

I'm fine with them, I just wish we had more mirage mirror production. Distorted Desert is an amazing trait, but it gives you a lot of mirage mirrors in a very short duration on a fairly long cooldown. I would like to see the mirage have more regular production. So either lower the cooldowns on the mirror producing skills (sand through glass in particular is rather high), or give us some more trait based production (like a clone death trait on an ICD, or reverting distorted desert to the original trait that gave you a 1/3 chance of getting a mirror for every clone shattered).

The thing I don't like about Distorted Illusion is it's connected to the worst shatter it could be because it makes it completely unpredictable. Distortion is the only shatter that doesn't cause your illusion to run to your target, which means the mirrors are created in random and often inconvenient locations. Mirage is a class that needs to be constantly aware of its positioning and surroundings and having us chase down mirrors seems completely counter-intuitive to that. There's also the fact that having your mirrors created in the middle of nowhere means they can't be used to put weakness on your enemy.

I'd much rather it be like the original version where any shatter can create a mirror, but make it so it only happens when three illusions are shattered so there's less RNG to it. Even having it so the mirror is created on the illusion closest to us would be a big improvement since that'd be useful for both melee and ranged weapons.

I would use Mirage Mirror if:

A: touching it altered the enemy's targeting. Flavor thought: Using mirrors to disappear as in some classic stage magic.

and/or

B: The mirrors gave aoe confusion that stacked over time.. Flavor thought: The flashing mirrors confuse and blind.. Now there's a thought.

As they are now, I've not found a good use for them even in PvE.

**~edit~ I can't help thinking that Mirage Mirrors are meant to be equivalent to Scourge shades. They're simply too weak for that role though.**

> @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > @Nyel.1843 said:

> > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > @Nyel.1843 said:

> > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > @BlunterMonk.2089 said:

> > > > > > would be decent if there was a utility skill with say 3 charges, that would let you teleport to any mirrors you had out and trigger them. Then increase the duration on mirrors a good amount.

> > > > >

> > > > > You mean Jaunt? Because that's basically all its good for with such a limited range

> > > >

> > > > Jaunt can help you stack massive amounts of Confusion. It's a great skill on a low CD. Something like BlunterMonk said is another nice way to solve the problem with collecting Mirrors.

> > >

> > > Hmm

> > >

> > > >Massive

> > > >3 stacks on 20s CD

> > >

> > > I think we have different definitions of "massive."

> > >

> > > On topic, mirrors are an awful idea and need to be completely rethought. They're by far the worst aspect of mirage.

> >

> > If you use 3 Jaunts in a row you're right. But that's not how you use that skill. I think some of you don't understand the philosophy behind the Mirage and are not willing to adapt or develop a new playstyle. I agree that there are some issues but Mirage is nowhere near as bad as people want it to make.

>

> Well, feel free to enlighten us on your magical method of extracting additional confusion stacks from jaunt.

Jaunt is a leap finisher. So, jaunt into Chaos Storm *could* generate confusion if the enemy hit your Chaos Armor. I think Blunter may be confusing Jaunt with axe 2, which would create confounding bolts if used into an Ethereal field such as Chaos Storm or Null Field.

I tried combo'ing Axe 2 into Chaos Storm and got something like 2 stacks of confusion in most cases, not worth the effort.

> @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > @Nyel.1843 said:

> > > > @Pyroatheist.9031 said:

> > > > > @Nyel.1843 said:

> > > > > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > > @BlunterMonk.2089 said:

> > > > > > > would be decent if there was a utility skill with say 3 charges, that would let you teleport to any mirrors you had out and trigger them. Then increase the duration on mirrors a good amount.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You mean Jaunt? Because that's basically all its good for with such a limited range

> > > > >

> > > > > Jaunt can help you stack massive amounts of Confusion. It's a great skill on a low CD. Something like BlunterMonk said is another nice way to solve the problem with collecting Mirrors.

> > > >

> > > > Hmm

> > > >

> > > > >Massive

> > > > >3 stacks on 20s CD

> > > >

> > > > I think we have different definitions of "massive."

> > > >

> > > > On topic, mirrors are an awful idea and need to be completely rethought. They're by far the worst aspect of mirage.

> > >

> > > If you use 3 Jaunts in a row you're right. But that's not how you use that skill. I think some of you don't understand the philosophy behind the Mirage and are not willing to adapt or develop a new playstyle. I agree that there are some issues but Mirage is nowhere near as bad as people want it to make.

> >

> > Well, feel free to enlighten us on your magical method of extracting additional confusion stacks from jaunt.

>

> Jaunt is a leap finisher. So, jaunt into Chaos Storm *could* generate confusion if the enemy hit your Chaos Armor. I think Blunter may be confusing Jaunt with axe 2, which would create confounding bolts if used into an Ethereal field such as Chaos Storm or Null Field.

>

> I tried combo'ing Axe 2 into Chaos Storm and got something like 2 stacks of confusion in most cases, not worth the effort.

Remember to use Jaunt whnever you can for Axe 2, it will whirl you on the spot for more hits (combine this with ethereal field for more whirl finisher hits).