Skill Damage Limit?

Victory.2879

Here's something to discuss.

Should there be a percentage limit to damage from a single skill? I think a cap of 25% of player's HP would promote better gameplay. Not sure how that would be coded for condi damage but I'm sure they can figure it out.

Would make for much more interesting fights, especially small scale and roaming where there would no longer (well, macro users aside) be insta gibs and players would need some skills to win fights.

I won> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> Wouldn't change anything because zergs will still one shot you if you step into one too many red circles.

>

> At the same time you also buff tanky builds because "overcapping" damage is now bad, meaning you don't have to invest as much on it.

I wouldn't mind buffing tanky builds a bit if it made fights last longer than the usual 'push through and rofl-stomp' that happens in most zerg fights these days.

And too many red circles is part of the problem- maybe scourges need a nerf to shades etc so they have to place them rather than bring them along! But you should die if you get out of position into 30+ of anything and haven't got the right protections on.

It's more to do with smaller scale and also longer range skills, for example CoR, RF (and I play mainly ranger!), and a lot of thief/mesmer skills. Trying to strike a balance for that whilst also making fights more fun - which might mean toning down buffs etc too so that tanky builds still have to build for it.

I'd also remove 'invulnerable' from the game entirely and make it a damage reduction instead.

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> RIP thiefs. Ur a kitten power shatter mirage spy trying to bring ppl to your era

Thieves can RIP for all I care. Most cancerous class in the game imo. Mesmers with Stealth right behind that. Stealth was the worst thing this game could ever introduce into a competitive format. Has no counter play to it at all now. Now que all the "Lrn2ply nub" responders. ANet finally decided to give us SOME small form of counter play to Stealth only to pull it out from under our feet with a counter to the counter play. GG.

> @"oOStaticOo.9467" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > RIP thiefs. Ur a kitten power shatter mirage spy trying to bring ppl to your era

>

> Thieves can RIP for all I care. Most cancerous class in the game imo. Mesmers with Stealth right behind that. Stealth was the worst thing this game could ever introduce into a competitive format. Has no counter play to it at all now. Now que all the "Lrn2ply nub" responders. ANet finally decided to give us SOME small form of counter play to Stealth only to pull it out from under our feet with a counter to the counter play. GG.

I'm sorry however WvW is not a competative format. At the end of the day "winning" does not do anything, and that is fine.

WvW is a casual format where players can fight other players however they want, be it solo, small group or a 50+ man group. The possible build diversity offer players more freedom in what they want to run and mess around with.

> @"Victory.2879" said:

> Here's something to discuss.

>

> Should there be a percentage limit to damage from a single skill? I think a cap of 25% of player's HP would promote better gameplay. Not sure how that would be coded for condi damage but I'm sure they can figure it out.

>

> Would make for much more interesting fights, especially small scale and roaming where there would no longer (well, macro users aside) be insta gibs and players would need some skills to win fights.

so we cap healing to 100 hp max?