Returing player. How is Necromancer for dungeons/Raids/Fractals?

MrFreaky.7504

Hello everyone, i'm returing after stoping a few weeks after HoTs launch, i used to player Necro and i'm gonna make a new Necro to experience the story and such again but i was just wondering how is Nercromancer for Dungeons/Raids/Fractals?

Not talking about DPS just more how they are treated, i remember when i played Necros where not really welcome in PUGs and sometimes even kicked for just being a Necromancer (which personally happened to me a few times) has this changed? did Scourge bring enough to the Necro for people not to hate us?

Raids will always be full of elitists valuing speed runs over promoting a positive community. My suggestion is to find a good guild that'll let you do whatever as a Necro (I'd offer mine but we are inactive right now). Other than that, we're pretty solid albeit not exactly anything to boast about. We can solo Open World, which is what I'm assuming you're intending to do since you mentioned restarting the story. Scourge brings a nice Condi variant to the mix and allows for different styles of gameplay, but if you intend to go DPS or Power then Reaper is still your best bet; especially since ANET is apparently nerfing Condi Reaper even further in favor of buffing Power (from what I've heard). Overall: Necros will probably always be that one class everyone hates in PUGS regardless of how strong we become simply because we're Necro and some feel like we're an overrated and overused class (*cough* Warrior and Thief *cough*). If you enjoy the class, stick with it and stick it to the haters.

> @Tobias.8632 said:

> Don't listen to these other scrubs, scourge is top tier dps in raids & fractals, only beaten by firebrand and in some cases weaver. Nobody cares about dungeons any more.

I don't know if I'd call it "top tier", it's decent but not blowing anything else out of the water (everything I've seen it's putting out around 30-33k dps which is very solid). There are tons of other classes and specs that can keep up with it right now. Shades are nice especially on non-movement fights, barrier's a bit weak atm and scepter needs a buff for lifeforce generation, other than that it's okay.

> @MrFreaky.7504 said:

> Hello everyone, i'm returing after stoping a few weeks after HoTs launch, i used to player Necro and i'm gonna make a new Necro to experience the story and such again but i was just wondering how is Nercromancer for Dungeons/Raids/Fractals?

>

> Not talking about DPS just more how they are treated, i remember when i played Necros where not really welcome in PUGs and sometimes even kicked for just being a Necromancer (which personally happened to me a few times) has this changed? did Scourge bring enough to the Necro for people not to hate us?

I have made a video for people just like you. Mostly discuss Path of Fire and what the Scourge is like and it strengths at the moment.

> @Nekrothaft.6390 said:

> Nothing has changed for Necros.

> Nothing ever changes.

my inner self cried a lil when i saw this >.> it's sad but it's true. i main both engi and necro and i always feel unwanted. lol.

i play necro a lot more these days than engi cuz still feel somewhat disappointed about holosmith.

but for dungeons, we're clearly unwanted cuz speed clears and what not unless you play power specs.

for fractals, as long as you're the top dps in your pug group, everyone would shush up.

for raids, this vary from groups to groups. people don't want necros for the majority of raid runs. some bosses do need a necro or two for epidemic. other than that, there are groups that run off meta builds and are just laid back when it comes to classes, but most LFG are very "racist" and what class they want in on their runs. you can't blame them cuz everyone wants to run it fast and get it over with. ironically, those groups actually take more time than a normal whatever pug in my experiences.

so i'd say f it and play whatever you want xD cuz with the direction of Anet, i don't think we're ever be wanted. but that doesn't stop me from enjoying roaming on my outdated power reaper. sigh.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @MrFreaky.7504 said:

> > Hello everyone, i'm returing after stoping a few weeks after HoTs launch, i used to player Necro and i'm gonna make a new Necro to experience the story and such again but i was just wondering how is Nercromancer for Dungeons/Raids/Fractals?

> >

> > Not talking about DPS just more how they are treated, i remember when i played Necros where not really welcome in PUGs and sometimes even kicked for just being a Necromancer (which personally happened to me a few times) has this changed? did Scourge bring enough to the Necro for people not to hate us?

>

> I have made a video for people just like you. Mostly discuss Path of Fire and what the Scourge is like and it strengths at the moment.

>

>

how to post youtube vide like u do?