Balance Patch Thread (UNRAVEL BUFF ! Hype ! )

Lasiurus.4067

> @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Zunki.3916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > "Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > YES YES YES YES

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Tempest Support o/

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > A step in right direction, but a bit of an awkward one, given that everything else is still 5-target. BUT shouts got a nice CD reduction buffs, so... overall good change for Tempest. Toning down Superior Elements in PvE is probably a good thing too - you could say Weaver had a bit too easy time capping crit chance.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah I expected soothing mist 10man... One can hope….

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 10 Target Soothing Mist? That would be broken as kitten in WvW. You can already have Soothing Mist on 10+ Targets at ones. But you know what? Make it 10 Target and let me heal around 30 people at ones. For like 850 Healing per second.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What are you talking about? Currently, Soothing Mist doesn't get a free upgrade in WvW to affect 10 targets and there are no traits that upgrades it to 10 targets either. It also requires the ele to camp water attunement at all times which is pretty bad

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you ever looked at SM and how it works?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > * Lasts 10 Seconds.

> > > > > > * Get applied every 3 seconds.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, noone said its good camping Water.

> > > > >

> > > > > lol ok, so by your definition it affects 15 targets currently because you can run around between 3 different groups of 5. I mean with something that broken how come nobody cares to run soothing mist ele in subgroups and just stack firebrands instead? and good luck trying to maintain it in multiple groups without camping water

> > > >

> > > > Are you trolling? You must be trolling.

> > > >

> > > > NOBODY said it was good.

> > > > Im only saying its POSSIBLE.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, why do i have tell someone how the "Aura" effect in Gw2 work anyway?

> > >

> > > you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as kitten because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

> >

> > At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.

> > But i have time, i will bite the bait.

> >

> > I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

> >

> > BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

> >

> > Sure, you would have to camp water for that.

> > But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

> >

> >

> > But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:

> > 1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.

> > 2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water

> > 3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> as if firebrand isn't already stronger and will continue to be stronger but now people might choose to take a soothing mist ele instead of stacking firebrands

>

If you believe that Firebrand is a healer and a good one at that, then i dont even know what to say anymore. But how about you proff me wrong and show me how much a Firebrand can heal per second. Bonus challenge: Your Healbook is on CD.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.

> But i have time, i will bite the bait.

>

> I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

>

> BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

>

> Sure, you would have to camp water for that.

> But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

>

>

> But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:

> 1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.

> 2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water

> 3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

>

It's only 850 and up per tick if you've built it accordingly i.e. minstrel's, cleric's, magi's. I've played it. It's good sustained AOE healing but it doesn't save bad players from hammer revs. And you do have to be doing something else to heal. You can't just sit there, hoping that soothing mist ticks will save people because they won't. I think your concern is misplaced. Zergs haven't relied on eles to heal for years and I don't think it will change as there're other builds which offer more than just green numbers, such as support scrapper which brings a _lot_ of utility in addition to big heals.

Though I enjoy playing it from time to time, there is a reason it's not meta and, even then, not seriously considered as a build; it's not ideal. You have to camp water for it which means you're not taking advantage of other attunements unless you switch, leaving you unable to access your big heals for 8 seconds.

> @"Usagi.4835" said:

> > At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.

> > But i have time, i will bite the bait.

> >

> > I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

> >

> > BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

> >

> > Sure, you would have to camp water for that.

> > But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

> >

> >

> > But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:

> > 1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.

> > 2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water

> > 3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

> >

> It's only 850 and up per tick if you've built it accordingly i.e. minstrel's, cleric's, magi's. I've played it. It's good sustained AOE healing but it doesn't save bad players from hammer revs. And you do have to be doing something else to heal. You can't just sit there, hoping that soothing mist ticks will save people because they won't. I think your concern is misplaced. Zergs haven't relied on eles to heal for years and I don't think it will change as there're other builds which offer more than just green numbers, such as support scrapper which brings a _lot_ of utility in addition to big heals. It's not ideal. You have to camp water for it which means you're not taking advantage of other attunements unless you switch, leaving you unable to access your big heals for 8 seconds.

>

>

Only that to have a 50 man Squad under SM you would only need 2 ele. I would take that any day in WvW.

> Only that to have a 50 man Squad under SM you would only need 2 ele. I would take that any day in WvW.

>

Yes, every other person in the squad would be getting 10 seconds of soothing mist inconsistently. Bear in mind though that the eles wouldn't be getting any stability in their own subgroups and don't offer anything else besides heals and the occasional aura. The best guilds I've seen, who roll over almost any other zerg/guild during NA, bring scrappers. Heal ele is quite good at topping off and over-healing. You might take it but I doubt anyone else would. But this discussion would be better had in the tempest thread, rather than here.

> @"Usagi.4835" said:

> > Only that to have a 50 man Squad under SM you would only need 2 ele. I would take that any day in WvW.

> >

> Yes, every other person in the squad would be getting 10 seconds of soothing mist inconsistently. Bear in mind though that the eles wouldn't be getting any stability in their own subgroups and don't offer anything else besides heals and the occasional aura. The best guilds I've seen, who roll over almost any other zerg/guild during NA, bring scrappers. Heal ele is quite good at topping off and over-healing. You might take it but I doubt anyone else would. But this discussion would be better had in the tempest thread, rather than here.

>

I play heal scrapper. And again, nobody says the current version of SM ele is good. All i am saying is that making SM 10 targets would be to strong.

Well tie me up and smack me like a quaggan, never seen such an overt and friendly buff to a skill.

Aside from [unravel]'s insane burst potential, it's now one of the more finesse-centric skills around.

[unravel] has long held a place in my personal meta but now the only thing tearing me away from such a nimble choice has to be [Aftershock]'s whopping 10 second recharge time reduction. Whenever I equip [Tempest], [Aftershock] was a given, but *now*?

> > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > @"LazySummer.2568" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"DanAlcedo.3281" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Zunki.3916" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > "Heat Sync: The number of targets this skill affects has been increased from 5 to 10."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > YES YES YES YES

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Tempest Support o/

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > A step in right direction, but a bit of an awkward one, given that everything else is still 5-target. BUT shouts got a nice CD reduction buffs, so... overall good change for Tempest. Toning down Superior Elements in PvE is probably a good thing too - you could say Weaver had a bit too easy time capping crit chance.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Yeah I expected soothing mist 10man... One can hope….

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > 10 Target Soothing Mist? That would be broken as kitten in WvW. You can already have Soothing Mist on 10+ Targets at ones. But you know what? Make it 10 Target and let me heal around 30 people at ones. For like 850 Healing per second.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What are you talking about? Currently, Soothing Mist doesn't get a free upgrade in WvW to affect 10 targets and there are no traits that upgrades it to 10 targets either. It also requires the ele to camp water attunement at all times which is pretty bad

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Do you ever looked at SM and how it works?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > * Lasts 10 Seconds.

> > > > > > > * Get applied every 3 seconds.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, noone said its good camping Water.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > lol ok, so by your definition it affects 15 targets currently because you can run around between 3 different groups of 5. I mean with something that broken how come nobody cares to run soothing mist ele in subgroups and just stack firebrands instead? and good luck trying to maintain it in multiple groups without camping water

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you trolling? You must be trolling.

> > > > >

> > > > > NOBODY said it was good.

> > > > > Im only saying its POSSIBLE.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, why do i have tell someone how the "Aura" effect in Gw2 work anyway?

> > > >

> > > > you're the one suggesting 10 target will be broken as kitten because it's then 30 target according to you and somehow it can be done without camping water

> > >

> > > At this point i am 100% sure you are trolling.

> > > But i have time, i will bite the bait.

> > >

> > > I NEVER said that you do this without Camping Water.

> > >

> > > BUT! 850 healing per second permanent on half the squad doesnt sound i a bit strong to you? That will happen when SM has 10 targets.

> > >

> > > Sure, you would have to camp water for that.

> > > But something like 20-25k healing per second for pressing not a single button would be worth it at this point.

> > >

> > >

> > > But before you put words in my mouth again, here is what i said:

> > > 1. It is possible to get the SM effect on more then 5 people by not having a Group and camping water.

> > > 2. It is not a good build because you have to camp Water

> > > 3. If SM had 10 Targets, then it would be to strong. Even if you had to camp water for it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > as if firebrand isn't already stronger and will continue to be stronger but now people might choose to take a soothing mist ele instead of stacking firebrands

> >

> If you believe that Firebrand is a healer and a good one at that, then i dont even know what to say anymore. But how about you proff me wrong and show me how much a Firebrand can heal per second. Bonus challenge: Your Healbook is on CD.

>

You're probably one of those people that that balance on paper instead of actually play to determine the effectiveness of a class and then proceed to call someone else troll when they have a different viewpoint from you.

Who cares about total healing and heal per second in actual fights when all you need is burst heals in skirmishes to keep people from going down (which firebrands and scourge's shields excel at). Sure, other healers (eg. tempest, ventari rev) can output more healing than firebrands in wvw yet nobody takes them in the meta because only kittening out heals is quite useless there. Moreover, the Soothing mist trait we're talking about isn't even a burst heal so it's usefulness in actual fights is worse than burst heals. Honestly, I dont even think its full duration is utilized most of the time because you either live through a push and heal with out of combat reset or you get burst down. Boons such as stability, protection, resistance, and aegis matters way more. Condi cleanses also matter a lot more than heals, and firebrand excels at that too, not to mention they can also convert them to boons instead of just cleansing them.

Making it 10 targets so it might actually seem some use like you said taking a couple soothing mist campers in a meta group will actually be a good thing and encourage build diversity. (I still doubt it, I'll rather stack more fb/scourges/spellbreakers if all an ele has to offer is this useless SM camper)

Soothing Mist targeting 10 could be a nice add on to Soothing Power trait. But I really dont want it personally as Anets history with trying to balance skills leads me to believe if it was given a cap of 10, its overall healing will be reduced by 15-25%. Soothing Mist is pretty good for small battles (1vX) right now as a good source of extra heals that can keep you going, so I really don't want to see that get cut.

> @"fuzzyp.6295" said:

> Soothing Mist targeting 10 could be a nice add on to Soothing Power trait. But I really dont want it personally as Anets history with trying to balance skills leads me to believe if it was given a cap of 10, its overall healing will be reduced by 15-25%. Soothing Mist is pretty good for small battles (1vX) right now as a good source of extra heals that can keep you going, so I really don't want to see that get cut.

I feel the same way. Don't ask for buffs. Just be quiet and hope they don't notice you, like the Claw in Toy Story. :grimace: