Home Instance

Texas.4861

In our home instance are the Group's of NPC's that you got to help fight against the Dragon, depening on whick ones that character chose to help, The Quaggan, The Skritt, Grawl and others. They all seem to just be hiding in an Alley behind a building except the Quaggan who are in a fountain. It would be nice to have some of the other NPCs also be more visable. We know the Skritt would be in the bar, stealing shinies or just being Skritt like saying 'You ran from Skritt, bothering Mox. Having Grawl hopping around making noise and saying Grawl Win throwing Rabbits around. There is plenty of room in the Home instance that not used. Drunk Skritt at the bar..... my favorite.

Rangers Home Instance : A ranger should be allowed to add in his 4 or 5 of his Favorite pets.

For the NPCs, I understand the idea, but I do not agree. The problem is that as long as a home is empty, the idea could be OK, but as soon as we do the hungry cats collection (adding cats to our home), and that we get home nodes/chests/racks and boards, the instance becomes pretty overloaded. At the top of it, some NPCs - for example the quaggans in Divinity - spoil the use of the nodes (in that case the oyster). And to put the ranger pets in addition... I believe it would no more be manageable.

For the pets, I would very much prefer a menagerie like we have in GW1: As in a nice island dedicated to animals, where we can store the pets we tame. It then adds juvenile and adult of each types and we can visit regularly. Check Wiki for GW1 menagerie to get a more precise idea of what it is. :)

I like to use the Rata Sum home-instance for a couple of reasons:

- it is wide open and has by far the best view

- enough space for all my cats

- everything, every new node is easy to find and easy to reach. DR looks awesome, but is a giant mess in that case.

- NPCs; There are the two krewe-mates who discuss about miniature-golems. There are a few krewe mates working on golems, eventually bring one to live, it walks a few meters and explodes.

SPOILER ALERT - contains details about the current LS4 episode

We made a couple of suggestions about home-instance improvements over the years. A lot of us have asked for a bookshelf and other useful things. I've been asking for that, and some sort of griffon/nests and other npc-mounts. The feedback for M. O. X was awesome. So I believe the Sun's Refuge is mostly addressed to our requests, it really has a lot of the stuff we asked for. But it is not the home-instance. The home-instance is used for gathering and story-chapters (current events). A lot of people associate anything with the home-instance, but the feeling of an actual home. The Sun's Refuge feels more like a home to me, than the home instance. With all the quests, secrets, npc-interactions, dialogues .... it is just awesome.

This is maybe the developers way to tell us that they saw and understood our requests. It seems it is not possible to add these things to our home instance, maybe due to technical issues. I can live with that. The Sun's Refuge is an awesome place. The Achievement Hunters will always complain about too less content. The day they stop complaining, they move on to the next game :S.

Good job ANet, thank you for listening to us and granting our wishes.

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> They all seem to just be hiding in an Alley behind a building except the Quaggan who are in a fountain.

The Hylek are in the middle part of the Salma square, behind the vendors in among the basic lumber nodes and the Krait Obelisk shard, and are actually more obstructive than the Quaggans, who only get in the way of the Oyster tank.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > Everything's right out in the open in Hoelbrak.

>

> Except the Brandstone, the Winterberries, and the HoT chests. The garden plots aren't exactly "in yer face" obvious, either.

There is a Raven totem that teleports you to the Garden plot next to the entrance. Brandstone and Winterberry is part of the U shaped path. HoT chests and sometimes the bandit chest is the only part where you do need to go upstairs.

> @"runeblade.7514" said:

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > Everything's right out in the open in Hoelbrak.

> >

> > Except the Brandstone, the Winterberries, and the HoT chests. The garden plots aren't exactly "in yer face" obvious, either.

>

> There is a Raven totem that teleports you to the Garden plot next to the entrance. Brandstone and Winterberry is part of the U shaped path. HoT chests and sometimes the bandit chest is the only part where you do need to go upstairs.

I always use the raven totem to get up to the plots, and usually skip the HoT chests. Maybe I just have bad luck, but they always seem to drop less map currency than the ones actually in the maps, so I save my keys for there.

> > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > Everything's right out in the open in Hoelbrak.

> >

> > Except the Brandstone, the Winterberries, and the HoT chests. The garden plots aren't exactly "in yer face" obvious, either.

>

> There is a Raven totem that teleports you to the Garden plot next to the entrance. Brandstone and Winterberry is part of the U shaped path. HoT chests and sometimes the bandit chest is the only part where you do need to go upstairs.

I know about the totem. My point was that the plots aren't on a reasonable "follow the yellow brick road" path around the thing. And yes, the path goes by both Brandstone and Winterberries, but they aren't "out in the open" (easily visible without looking in little nooks or round the back of staircases) in the same way as the trees and plants near the entrance. Not as bad as the Petrified Stump in the Black Citadel, or the Brandstone and Mistonium in DR, though.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > I wouldn't know. I only use the the very best home instance. You know, the one in Rata Sum. All the others are just a highly disorganized mess.

> Except that Rata Sum has the least amount of services..as in none, so its usefulness beyond gathering is nil.

Mmhmm. Have fun running all over looking for those said services scattered all around haphazardly. I'll spend that time harvesting efficiently.

> @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > @"Endless Soul.5178" said:

> > I wouldn't know. I only use the the very best home instance. You know, the one in Rata Sum. All the others are just a highly disorganized mess.

> Except that Rata Sum has the least amount of services..as in none, so its usefulness beyond gathering is nil.

One time I bought a lvl 10 sword there.

> @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> For the pets, I would very much prefer a menagerie like we have in GW1: As in a nice island dedicated to animals, where we can store the pets we tame. It then adds juvenile and adult of each types and we can visit regularly. Check Wiki for GW1 menagerie to get a more precise idea of what it is. :)

Oh, I love this! Why didn't they already add this in the new game? :<

> @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> > @"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:

> > For the pets, I would very much prefer a menagerie like we have in GW1: As in a nice island dedicated to animals, where we can store the pets we tame. It then adds juvenile and adult of each types and we can visit regularly. Check Wiki for GW1 menagerie to get a more precise idea of what it is. :)

>

> Oh, I love this! Why didn't they already add this in the new game? :<

>

>

+1 to the account menagerie. Even though my 4 rangers have their pets unlocked (well 3 have all, my charr is not getting played a lot) I would love to have an area to stroll around and look at the animals.

Make it happen Arenanet!

> > @"runeblade.7514" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > > Everything's right out in the open in Hoelbrak.

> > >

> > > Except the Brandstone, the Winterberries, and the HoT chests. The garden plots aren't exactly "in yer face" obvious, either.

> >

> > There is a Raven totem that teleports you to the Garden plot next to the entrance. Brandstone and Winterberry is part of the U shaped path. HoT chests and sometimes the bandit chest is the only part where you do need to go upstairs.

>

> I know about the totem. My point was that the plots aren't on a reasonable "follow the yellow brick road" path around the thing. And yes, the path goes by both Brandstone and Winterberries, but they aren't "out in the open" (easily visible without looking in little nooks or round the back of staircases) in the same way as the trees and plants near the entrance. Not as bad as the Petrified Stump in the Black Citadel, or the Brandstone and Mistonium in DR, though.

Well, if you take the path from the Plants -> the special mining nodes(Candy corn/sprockwork etc) and then go back towards the tree to make a mini-U path, you will end up walking towards the Raven totem.

> > > @"runeblade.7514" said:

> > > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > > > Everything's right out in the open in Hoelbrak.

> > > >

> > > > Except the Brandstone, the Winterberries, and the HoT chests. The garden plots aren't exactly "in yer face" obvious, either.

> > >

> > > There is a Raven totem that teleports you to the Garden plot next to the entrance. Brandstone and Winterberry is part of the U shaped path. HoT chests and sometimes the bandit chest is the only part where you do need to go upstairs.

> >

> > I know about the totem. My point was that the plots aren't on a reasonable "follow the yellow brick road" path around the thing. And yes, the path goes by both Brandstone and Winterberries, but they aren't "out in the open" (easily visible without looking in little nooks or round the back of staircases) in the same way as the trees and plants near the entrance. Not as bad as the Petrified Stump in the Black Citadel, or the Brandstone and Mistonium in DR, though.

>

> Well, if you take the path from the Plants -> the special mining nodes(Candy corn/sprockwork etc) and then go back towards the tree to make a mini-U path, you will end up walking towards the Raven totem.

Personally, I go entry => totem => garden => trees => herb plants => special mining, but yes. (And of course it's still a small dead end that you have to backtrack from, which is more or less the point.)

Compare DR: entry => trees and special mining in front of the orphanage => launcher => garden => run round onto the noble street for the truffles, flax, omnoms, and the mining => down the side alley for diflourite, etc..

> > @"runeblade.7514" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > @"runeblade.7514" said:

> > > > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > > > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > > > > Everything's right out in the open in Hoelbrak.

> > > > >

> > > > > Except the Brandstone, the Winterberries, and the HoT chests. The garden plots aren't exactly "in yer face" obvious, either.

> > > >

> > > > There is a Raven totem that teleports you to the Garden plot next to the entrance. Brandstone and Winterberry is part of the U shaped path. HoT chests and sometimes the bandit chest is the only part where you do need to go upstairs.

> > >

> > > I know about the totem. My point was that the plots aren't on a reasonable "follow the yellow brick road" path around the thing. And yes, the path goes by both Brandstone and Winterberries, but they aren't "out in the open" (easily visible without looking in little nooks or round the back of staircases) in the same way as the trees and plants near the entrance. Not as bad as the Petrified Stump in the Black Citadel, or the Brandstone and Mistonium in DR, though.

> >

> > Well, if you take the path from the Plants -> the special mining nodes(Candy corn/sprockwork etc) and then go back towards the tree to make a mini-U path, you will end up walking towards the Raven totem.

>

> Personally, I go entry => totem => garden => trees => herb plants => special mining, but yes. (And of course it's still a small dead end that you have to backtrack from, which is more or less the point.)

>

> Compare DR: entry => trees and special mining in front of the orphanage => launcher => garden => run round onto the noble street for the truffles, flax, omnoms, and the mining => down the side alley for diflourite, etc..

Then try my way. You can drop down the stairs after the garden and go to the bigger U path.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> In our home instance are the Group's of NPC's that you got to help fight against the Dragon, depending on which ones that character chose to help, The Quaggan, The Skritt, Grawl and others. They all seem to just be hiding in an Alley behind a building except the Quaggan who are in a fountain. It would be nice to have some of the other NPCs also be more visable. We know the Skritt would be in the bar, stealing shinies or just being Skritt like saying 'You ran from Skritt, bothering Mox. Having Grawl hopping around making noise and saying Grawl Win throwing Rabbits around. There is plenty of room in the Home instance that not used. Drunk Skritt at the bar..... my favorite.

> Rangers Home Instance : A ranger should be allowed to add in his 4 or 5 of his Favorite pets.

My OP got off topic it seems. I was not speaking of which home instance was better, but more about the placement and actions of the various groups of characters you helped bring into the battle to help save Tyria from the Dragon.