Retreat In Reverse! (Guardian Shout Suggestion)

Can we change Retreat to Charge? Or Advance? Here I am in the middle of battle, doling out speed and protection... by valiantly urging my comrades to turn tail and flee.

Am I crazy? Does this bother anyone else? Am I alone here? Shouting "Charge!" or "Advance!" seems more fit to the heroic style of a guardian, and I even think 'Advance!' might suggest a more tactical approach (thus, aegis). Shouting "Retreat!" every thirty seconds makes me feel like a complete coward in the face of danger.

> @"cyanweapon.7290" said:

> > @"TexZero.7910" said:

> > It's a call back to GW so it's highly unlikely that they will change its name.

>

> I get that, I do. And in most cases, I really like the throw-backs to GW1. But it just feels so mis-placed and wrong here in practice that I feel it should be changed.

I mean, it was used the same way in GW1 lol, you would scream retreate as you and your allies charged the enemy, it’s a classic.

> @"cyanweapon.7290" said:

> All I know is "Retreat!" feels so antithetical to the guardian style. It makes me cringe, like I'd expect my allies to shout, "Quit being such a weenie!"

If it makes you feel better imagine that your guardian is shouting for your allies to retreat while they advance on the enemy.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"cyanweapon.7290" said:

> > All I know is "Retreat!" feels so antithetical to the guardian style. It makes me cringe, like I'd expect my allies to shout, "Quit being such a weenie!"

>

> If it makes you feel better imagine that your guardian is shouting for your allies to retreat while they advance on the enemy.

I dunno, man. I might expect to get five across the eyes from the group warrior for suggesting they're weak. c_c

That fine line between valiance and ego.

> @"Deimos.4263" said:

> Yes this one drives me nuts. You almost never want to retreat when you use the skill and yell "Retreat!". It should be renamed Charge but I doubt they'll do so.

Exactly.

I hadn't even considered it, but Charge has just as much a right to be the shout as Retreat. It was on the original Guild Wars as well. Someone else pointed that out above.