Condi Mirage Feedback [Merged]

Ovark.2514

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

>

> > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> >

> And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

IA is invaluable when building extreme in fight mobility and paired with a few others enables, you to dictate the rhythm of any fight. This is often overlooked but it’s by far the single biggest reason why I win as much as I do. I dictate where and how we fight, not my opponent. SoM is more of a training wheels when paired with torch 4 to give you a couple extra secs to readjust to what your opponent is doing. See where I’m going with this?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > Condi mirage is much more forgiving and easy and spammy to play, the burst is 10 times harder to dodge and on top of that even their sustain is 10 times higher.

> Can you even explain why its 'more' forgiving and why their sustain is '10 times higher' than on power mirage? xD

Power Mirage's damage is a lot more dependent on their burst combo. If they fail the combo they're out of gas until their cooldowns are back up again. Condition Mirage has a few key bursts the way Power Mirage does, but has much higher chip damage than power does in between those bursts. Condi mirage gets a lot more damage milage out of Mind Wrack, Torch Skills, and Jaunt than a Power Mirage gets out of Cry of Frustration, Torch Skills, and Jaunt, for example.

Condi Mirage also has the benefit of running being able to run Carrion Amulet in PvP, and some of it's traits just help survive better like Blinding Disipation, which has massive defensive and offensive value thanks to Ineptitude. And In WvW they can run insanely overpowered stat combos like Dire and Trailblazers.

so you either play a build that counters a mirage or just play a mirage.

Overall you are limited to few build you can play lol.

Number of players mirages are just incressing in pvp/wvw as mirage is a all-in-one package class.

PVP side of gw2 is ruled by mirage atm and the only people who believes it is a L2P issue are usually the ones who plays mirages (lame build that carries them), trying to protect the easy mirage train so it dosent get knocked of rails by anet's nerf hammer.

Just keep away from pvp (play something else for pvp modes) if you dont enjoy the focred limited build/gameplay choice in gw2's pvp.

I have discovered the easiest way to counter mirage is to simply wait until the next expansion with the release of new elites. For some unknown reason, all previous versions of mesmer are significantly more manageable, dare I say, balanced.

But, then the forums will be about the **mesmer v 5.0** (release, chrono, mirage, rework, memser v 5.0)

> @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> so you either play a build that counters a mirage or just play a mirage.

>

> Overall you are limited to few build you can play lol.

>

> Number of players mirages are just incressing in pvp/wvw as mirage is a all-in-one package class.

>

> PVP side of gw2 is ruled by mirage atm and the only people who believes it is a L2P issue are usually the ones who plays mirages (lame build that carries them), trying to protect the easy mirage train so it dosent get knocked of rails by anet's nerf hammer.

>

> Just keep away from pvp (play something else for pvp modes) if you dont enjoy the focred limited build/gameplay choice in gw2's pvp.

>

Where do you get your numbers? Like really?

Mesmer representation in top 250 is at an all time low. From what I hear (I’m still doing rehab for my arm) there’s 2 Mesmers in top 50. How is that representation indicative of Mesmer being OP? How? Please Enlighten me cuz I don’t get it.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > so you either play a build that counters a mirage or just play a mirage.

> >

> > Overall you are limited to few build you can play lol.

> >

> > Number of players mirages are just incressing in pvp/wvw as mirage is a all-in-one package class.

> >

> > PVP side of gw2 is ruled by mirage atm and the only people who believes it is a L2P issue are usually the ones who plays mirages (lame build that carries them), trying to protect the easy mirage train so it dosent get knocked of rails by anet's nerf hammer.

> >

> > Just keep away from pvp (play something else for pvp modes) if you dont enjoy the focred limited build/gameplay choice in gw2's pvp.

> >

>

> Where do you get your numbers? Like really?

> Mesmer representation in top 250 is at an all time low. From what I hear (I’m still doing rehab for my arm) there’s 2 Mesmers in top 50. How is that representation indicative of Mesmer being OP? How? Please Enlighten me cuz I don’t get it.

It is not hard to notice (quit this session due to limited boring builds to use), so where is the info detailing the top 250?

I now just do WvW now and again, from that I see around 80% of roamers are mirages.

It is clearly easy to see that there been few complains about them on the forums for awhile now.

I have also played mirage myself and see how easy the builds carries the player when played right.

My post above targets the people who is annoyed with current meta (mirage seems to be main isse still) not to try enlighten other people who believes it is fine.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > > > so you either play a build that counters a mirage or just play a mirage.

> > > >

> > > > Overall you are limited to few build you can play lol.

> > > >

> > > > Number of players mirages are just incressing in pvp/wvw as mirage is a all-in-one package class.

> > > >

> > > > PVP side of gw2 is ruled by mirage atm and the only people who believes it is a L2P issue are usually the ones who plays mirages (lame build that carries them), trying to protect the easy mirage train so it dosent get knocked of rails by anet's nerf hammer.

> > > >

> > > > Just keep away from pvp (play something else for pvp modes) if you dont enjoy the focred limited build/gameplay choice in gw2's pvp.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Where do you get your numbers? Like really?

> > > Mesmer representation in top 250 is at an all time low. From what I hear (I’m still doing rehab for my arm) there’s 2 Mesmers in top 50. How is that representation indicative of Mesmer being OP? How? Please Enlighten me cuz I don’t get it.

> >

> > It is not hard to notice (quit this session due to limited boring builds to use), so where is the info detailing the top 250?

> >

> > I now just do WvW now and again, from that I see around 80% of roamers are mirages.

> >

> > It is clearly easy to see that there been few complains about them on the forums for awhile now.

> >

> > I have also played mirage myself and see how easy the builds carries the player when played right.

> >

> > My post above targets the people who is annoyed with current meta (mirage seems to be main isse still) not to try enlighten other people who believes it is fine.

>

> If it’s so easy, I challenge you to a Mesmer duel. I mean if it’s as faceroll as you claim you should be able to crush **Me** and any other Mesmer, with Mirror comp right?

no you dont get to play as mesmer. you play whatever you want but mesmer, and let the duel commence

I've stated already many times fair shaves condi could receive, and would argue power really didn't need any.

But a response to the issue a lot of people have with Mirage 1v1, I would suggest you familiarize yourself with a martial arts concept of "Seme"

With a good Seme, you waste less cooldowns against defensive options, and you force your enemy to blow theirs.

There are a few strictly beneficial/counter matchups between all classes/builds. However making good trades will almost always reward you the upper hand.

Maybe when your opponent runs, don't chase.

Maybe when you stun, don't instantly burst expecting it to cleanly land.

Maybe when your opponent is ready to dodge your burst, don't burst.

Apply mental pressure, make openings.

Feel their killing intent and evade.

Sure you can argue having a plethora of evades makes this redundant, but count the access to evades a mirage has, it is on par with any class with access to vigor.

(S/D thief and ranger has much more access to evade than any mirage)

You may find this hard when surrounded by illusions, but this is part of what separates strong players from weak ones, and is the entire point of the mechanic.

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

>

> > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> >

> And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

Jawgeous cast Ats in his stream and even upload some on his YouTube. Otherwise yes good condi or hybrid mesmer in EU or NA except Misha i do not know either.

Most mesmer you meet you see why they play condi because they would be a freekill with power, they need a build carry because they mostly suck, condi/ hybrid is way easier to play in every aspect than power, in dmg application and in surviving and also way stronger. Only in terms of rotation they are kinda equally hard, at least when you run the rotation variant from Misha with sword and portal.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

>

> > How come skills that breaks target are more annoying than ones that breaks target and stealths?

> Because stealth doesn't include a random repositioning, Even when a target has teleports up i can predict his movement in stealth by knowing what cds he still has up and what positioning would be logical for him to choose. Axe 3 and Illusionary Ambush repositioning is completely random. Some questions make me wonder with how few common sense and tactical predictions ppl play this game...

It seems common sense is lacking on that side too, axe 3 ports right on top of you and illu ambush is more of a nuisance on the mesmer itself since you can end up on a worse spot.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> >

> > > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> > >

> > And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> > And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

>

> Jawgeous cast Ats in his stream and even upload some on his YouTube.

What a coincidence

Posted this a while ago on Mirage/mirage is OP? thread:

"Apparently is op until someone plays it.

Yesterday I was watching a stream, I never watch these but a friend told me the streamer had insides concerning incoming nerfs.

The streamer rolled a mirage, got into a pvp match while exclaming even a monkey could play mirage.

Match over, 5 deaths 2 kills."

And I was referring to that Jawgeous dude.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > > > @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > > > so you either play a build that counters a mirage or just play a mirage.

> > > >

> > > > Overall you are limited to few build you can play lol.

> > > >

> > > > Number of players mirages are just incressing in pvp/wvw as mirage is a all-in-one package class.

> > > >

> > > > PVP side of gw2 is ruled by mirage atm and the only people who believes it is a L2P issue are usually the ones who plays mirages (lame build that carries them), trying to protect the easy mirage train so it dosent get knocked of rails by anet's nerf hammer.

> > > >

> > > > Just keep away from pvp (play something else for pvp modes) if you dont enjoy the focred limited build/gameplay choice in gw2's pvp.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Where do you get your numbers? Like really?

> > > Mesmer representation in top 250 is at an all time low. From what I hear (I’m still doing rehab for my arm) there’s 2 Mesmers in top 50. How is that representation indicative of Mesmer being OP? How? Please Enlighten me cuz I don’t get it.

> >

> > It is not hard to notice (quit this session due to limited boring builds to use), so where is the info detailing the top 250?

> >

> > I now just do WvW now and again, from that I see around 80% of roamers are mirages.

> >

> > It is clearly easy to see that there been few complains about them on the forums for awhile now.

> >

> > I have also played mirage myself and see how easy the builds carries the player when played right.

> >

> > My post above targets the people who is annoyed with current meta (mirage seems to be main isse still) not to try enlighten other people who believes it is

z.

>

> If it’s so easy, I challenge you to a Mesmer duel. I mean if it’s as faceroll as you claim you should be able to crush **Me** and any other Mesmer, with Mirror comp right?

What? I've never claimed to be the master of mesmers lol and what would this even prove?

Its about mirage pretty much melt most builds still therefore you are limited to small number of build options to survive it which is getting extremely boring.

I dont think you clearly understand my original post and i cant be bothered to have a internet fight with you about it as am sure there is plenty of discussions about it lol.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> >

> > > How come skills that breaks target are more annoying than ones that breaks target and stealths?

> > Because stealth doesn't include a random repositioning, Even when a target has teleports up i can predict his movement in stealth by knowing what cds he still has up and what positioning would be logical for him to choose. Axe 3 and Illusionary Ambush repositioning is completely random. Some questions make me wonder with how few common sense and tactical predictions ppl play this game...

>

> It seems common sense is lacking on that side too, axe 3 ports right on top of you and illu ambush is more of a nuisance on the mesmer itself since you can end up on a worse spot.

>

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > >

> > > > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> > > >

> > > And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> > > And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

> >

> > Jawgeous cast Ats in his stream and even upload some on his YouTube.

>

> What a coincidence

> Posted this a while ago on Mirage/mirage is OP? thread:

>

> "Apparently is op until someone plays it.

> Yesterday I was watching a stream, I never watch these but a friend told me the streamer had insides concerning incoming nerfs.

> The streamer rolled a mirage, got into a pvp match while exclaming even a monkey could play mirage.

> Match over, 5 deaths 2 kills."

>

> And I was referring to that Jawgeous dude.

>

>

What an irony... call mesmer players monkeys but show he is worse than that ;D

All I heard about him is that he always complaint how underpowered holosmith .

Why would I watch someone's stream who play my class worse than me ?

> @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"whoknocks.4935" said:

> > > Clearly you need to go to school and learn how to read.

> > 'Why condi mirage have 10 times more sustain?" ; 'Because noobs use pistol 4-5 and shatter'...

> > I dont even know where to send you because I doubt anyone can help you ... R I P

> >

>

> pistol 5 and 4 and shatter is the main combo easy burst, it has sustain due to axe which provides more evades and break target than mirage using power which doesn't have those tools, now please learn to read.

Axe has 1 evade attack(the same attack that breaks your targeting)

Like sword

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> >

> > > How come skills that breaks target are more annoying than ones that breaks target and stealths?

> > Because stealth doesn't include a random repositioning, Even when a target has teleports up i can predict his movement in stealth by knowing what cds he still has up and what positioning would be logical for him to choose. Axe 3 and Illusionary Ambush repositioning is completely random. Some questions make me wonder with how few common sense and tactical predictions ppl play this game...

>

> It seems common sense is lacking on that side too, axe 3 ports right on top of you and illu ambush is more of a nuisance on the mesmer itself since you can end up on a worse spot.

>

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > >

> > > > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> > > >

> > > And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> > > And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

> >

> > Jawgeous cast Ats in his stream and even upload some on his YouTube.

>

> What a coincidence

> Posted this a while ago on Mirage/mirage is OP? thread:

>

> "Apparently is op until someone plays it.

> Yesterday I was watching a stream, I never watch these but a friend told me the streamer had insides concerning incoming nerfs.

> The streamer rolled a mirage, got into a pvp match while exclaming even a monkey could play mirage.

> Match over, 5 deaths 2 kills."

>

> And I was referring to that Jawgeous dude.

>

>

I was not saying anything about Jawgeous himself, just that you can see what ppl play in ATs (daily and monthly) there.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > >

> > > > How come skills that breaks target are more annoying than ones that breaks target and stealths?

> > > Because stealth doesn't include a random repositioning, Even when a target has teleports up i can predict his movement in stealth by knowing what cds he still has up and what positioning would be logical for him to choose. Axe 3 and Illusionary Ambush repositioning is completely random. Some questions make me wonder with how few common sense and tactical predictions ppl play this game...

> >

> > It seems common sense is lacking on that side too, axe 3 ports right on top of you and illu ambush is more of a nuisance on the mesmer itself since you can end up on a worse spot.

> >

> > > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> > > > >

> > > > And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> > > > And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

> > >

> > > Jawgeous cast Ats in his stream and even upload some on his YouTube.

> >

> > What a coincidence

> > Posted this a while ago on Mirage/mirage is OP? thread:

> >

> > "Apparently is op until someone plays it.

> > Yesterday I was watching a stream, I never watch these but a friend told me the streamer had insides concerning incoming nerfs.

> > The streamer rolled a mirage, got into a pvp match while exclaming even a monkey could play mirage.

> > Match over, 5 deaths 2 kills."

> >

> > And I was referring to that Jawgeous dude.

> >

> >

>

> I was not saying anything about Jawgeous himself, just that you can see what ppl play in ATs (daily and monthly) there.

Stream 19h ago . Only 1 berserk gs mesmer have IA instead of a portal. Why you tell me to watch this when literally no one playing your SO BROKEN illusionary ambush ?

Team without any mesmer won 500-100 finals against 2 mesmers...

If you really want to tell me what people are playing ,how about you check it first?

> > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > >

> > > > > How come skills that breaks target are more annoying than ones that breaks target and stealths?

> > > > Because stealth doesn't include a random repositioning, Even when a target has teleports up i can predict his movement in stealth by knowing what cds he still has up and what positioning would be logical for him to choose. Axe 3 and Illusionary Ambush repositioning is completely random. Some questions make me wonder with how few common sense and tactical predictions ppl play this game...

> > >

> > > It seems common sense is lacking on that side too, axe 3 ports right on top of you and illu ambush is more of a nuisance on the mesmer itself since you can end up on a worse spot.

> > >

> > > > > @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > > > > @"bravan.3876" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Ofc it is used, watch dATs and you see quite a few mesmer using it. It is not used for mobility it is used for carrying in duels on a side node class and thats exactly what it is op at.

> > > > > >

> > > > > And whos streams I supposed to watch? I only knew 2 good mesmers on EU(which arent streaming anymore?) . Long ago reading people posts from NA I had feeling that they live in another dimension . May be thats the case? xD

> > > > > And yes , long time ago I tried IA and that was fun for a while but found signet is a better choice overall

> > > >

> > > > Jawgeous cast Ats in his stream and even upload some on his YouTube.

> > >

> > > What a coincidence

> > > Posted this a while ago on Mirage/mirage is OP? thread:

> > >

> > > "Apparently is op until someone plays it.

> > > Yesterday I was watching a stream, I never watch these but a friend told me the streamer had insides concerning incoming nerfs.

> > > The streamer rolled a mirage, got into a pvp match while exclaming even a monkey could play mirage.

> > > Match over, 5 deaths 2 kills."

> > >

> > > And I was referring to that Jawgeous dude.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > I was not saying anything about Jawgeous himself, just that you can see what ppl play in ATs (daily and monthly) there.

> Stream 19h ago . Only 1 berserk gs mesmer have IA instead of a portal. Why you tell me to watch this when literally no one playing your SO BROKEN illusionary ambush ?

> Team without any mesmer won 500-100 finals against 2 mesmers...

> If you really want to tell me what people are playing ,how about you check it first?

So your sample is one single AT? Thats great science dude. I was talking about a lot of ATs from watching and playing myself. I remember Daegon and Flanders for example using it on a hybrid build but there were more. Also i am sry that i cannot watch every single stream, i missed the one you build your prove on. Please just enable your brain before trashtalking me.

I clearly said it is used on a pure duelling build for side nodes because that is were it is op at: in duels. In conquest even a duel side noder often has to rotate and with portal as a must have you either need to replace blink (what is a lot better in terms of rotation and disengaging, means better in everything else in conquest than duels) or signet of midnight what is also better in almost everything in conquest except duelling. Thats why it is still not used that often in conquest because conquest is not only about duels, not even for a duelling role side noder class. That doesn't disprove anything i said. That it is a pain to fight against, that is is op in duels and that it has a way to low cd for the power it has, same as axe 3.

Realistically? You can't. If they're screwing up they can just portal out and reset the fight, stealth and reset the fight.

But how do you screw up in the first place? Just spam evades while attacking = profit, actually don't get stunned and win in the first place. That's what that garbage class does

So long as ANET and entitled brat Mirage/Mesmer mains keep defending fail principles, nothing is gonna change tbh. Shoutbow was braindead but at least it had counterplay and could get bursted and stunlocked to death. Mirage? Nah, lets defend a zero skill spec such as this garbage.

I'm not having that many issues with mirage itself generally, though i got a few points :

- i'm not sure if there are visual bugs, but several times i'm dying having no idea what literrally killed me ( damage chart not helping )

- most issues with average players are due to confusion stacks hitting when you use a skill, not when the skill triggers. That would be a fix

- Mirage itself isn't the problem. It does however when it's teamed with 2 necros a firebrand and a deadeye because it turns into the skill of all 5 players to survive, not only 1..

I'm not very good at fighting Mirages so I don't want to offer too much advice, but I will say that longbow is a tricky and difficult weapon to fight them with. You can still use it effectively, however those windows are limited. Why?

-Evasive Mirror combined with Mirage Cloak is incredibly potent against projectiles. You can take UU as a Soulbeast but your unblockable frames still won't compete with their reflect uptime. Not all Mirages take this, but is is very punishing. You can't counter their burst when they can just reflect it back at you while simultaneously pressuring you.

-Body blocking via clones. This is further exacerbated when they trait Infinite Horizons. Chances are if you are taking Soulbeast, you won't take Marksmanship and won't have piercing arrows.

-Blinds. Mesmer has access to a lot of blinds. On top of everything else, this is a huge counter to longbow 3, which needs to hit the target to proc. Longbow 3 is one of the essential defenses you can use to stay alive with the weapon, and if you fail to land it, you can oftentimes be left very vulnerable.

-Detargetting and stealth. Just when you think you set up a great burst window, they stealth or detarget and your longbow 2 goes to waste.

> @"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:

> I'm not very good at fighting Mirages so I don't want to offer too much advice, but I will say that longbow is a tricky and difficult weapon to fight them with. You can still use it effectively, however those windows are limited. Why?

> -Evasive Mirror combined with Mirage Cloak is incredibly potent against projectiles. You can take UU as a Soulbeast but your unblockable frames still won't compete with their reflect uptime. Not all Mirages take this, but is is very punishing. You can't counter their burst when they can just reflect it back at you while simultaneously pressuring you.

> -Body blocking via clones. This is further exacerbated when they trait Infinite Horizons. Chances are if you are taking Soulbeast, you won't take Marksmanship and won't have piercing arrows.

> -Blinds. Mesmer has access to a lot of blinds. On top of everything else, this is a huge counter to longbow 3, which needs to hit the target to proc. Longbow 3 is one of the essential defenses you can use to stay alive with the weapon, and if you fail to land it, you can oftentimes be left very vulnerable.

> -Detargetting and stealth. Just when you think you set up a great burst window, they stealth or detarget and your longbow 2 goes to waste.

>

The mesmer won't have a ton of blinds if they are running evasive mirror. God I wish ppl understood this.