What's the actual reward for wining in WVW in a full week match?

EmeraldNight.4307

> @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> There is no reward for winning a week, however there is the chance of something like this.

>

>

>

>

Damn that's an old video.

When Bloodlust stacks were still a thing, squads didn't exist and manual upgrades were still around. When was this taken like 2014 :p ?

Why do you need a reward for winning? Winning, if that's what your into, is it's own reward.

For me, wvw is fun when we're taking on greater numbers or using better tactics to get around being outnumbered on a map and having decent battles or obtaining an objective after a long hard fight. Winning the actual match up? Can't think of anyone I know on my server that cares. Usually we get the few pve visitors who scream in team chat or players new to wvw who seem to think we should care, but they eventually learn that wvw isn't really about the overall result- it's the fun that matters.

And people need to realise this is a game, played in people's leisure time (well, for most of us anyway, some seem to think it's a full time job...), for pleasure or enjoyment. Not a chore.

> @"Irbis.4932" said:

> > @"Aiga.3075" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > @"EmeraldNight.4307" said:

> > > > So what do players play WVW for?

> > > Team chat.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > This and the ERP on third floor of smc.

>

> So that is why EB gets queues...now Anet will think WvWers are not only PvE, but also roleplayers :#

I was told (by a friend whose brother in law's mother's step sister thrice removed) that this is why MAG would lose everything but defend smc at all cost.

You can earn legendary armor if you don’t already own a set VIA PvE. Triumphant armor track —> Unlock exotic skin —> earn tickets to purchase precursor —> Earn more tickets to buy the gifts required —> upgrade to Legendary —> Repeat... Also everything else that was mentioned in this thread, some of us live for the fights and glory ??

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > @"Swamurabi.7890" said:

> > There is no reward for winning a week, however there is the chance of something like this.

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> kitten that's an old video.

>

> When Bloodlust stacks were still a thing, squads didn't exist and manual upgrades were still around. When was this taken like 2014 :p ?

From May 2015

> @"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:

> > @"EmeraldNight.4307" said:

> > So what do players play WVW for?

> >

> fun

For tracking down the Holo that ganked you while flipping a camp 5 minutes earlier, and hitting them with a 14K Hammer 2 crit. Winning is important, but not as important as vengeance.

Nothing wrong with Holo btw, but there is no point trying to hunt down that Mirage, and you will never ever find that Deadeye no matter how hard you look, so /shrug.

> @"Sovereign.1093" said:

> Nothing.

>

> You win nothing. All loot and rewards you get evenly. The game on rewards cater servers with low population based on outnumbered buff.

>

> Why do we do it?

>

> For me, because we rp in wvw

There’s rp in wvw? Is that when I pretend to be a legendary fighter and kill people and visa versa...