Warrior leaps and charges are broken and not working properly

The Ace.9105

Warrior leaps and charges are unavoidable by running and these skills basically automatically hit after the cast if the target has been in the range while casting the skill. The only way to avoid them is by dodging.

If this is working as intended then why doesn't other classes have this feature too? Seems like there has been some class favoritism.

On the other side of the coin, as a laggy player, none of mine ever connect lol (happens also on other classes/skills with leaps/charges not just on warr) and they almost never travel full distance, or it does some weird L shape zigzag (probably from client trying to sync to correct spot with server).

However, I will say this. A good enough player will know when exactly to pull off their leaps and charges to connect. They will also keep up and know when you're out of dodges or pressure you to use them so these have a guaranteed connect. I don't think it has anything to do with favoritism. Also, they aren't always guaranteed a hit, at least not on my end.

You know what else automatically hits the target within range?

projectiles

and to say that only warrior gap closers reliably hit targets is false information. At least we don't teleport at you and give you plenty of animation tell. (looking at revenants and guardians). A while back warrior GS rush would miss if the target simple walked away, which was terrible.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> What is the real problem here? Why shouldn't they deal damage? They are targeted skills, of course they will hit you if you are in range. What makes you think simply walking should avoid a targeted skill if you are in range unless you manage to get out of it fast enough?

The problem here is that if i move out of the way of the animation I still get hit and in pvp it's dumb. Also another problem is that only warrior has this type of cap closers.

If one class has this feature then why not normalize it to all the classes?

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> You know what else automatically hits the target within range?

>

> projectiles

>

> and to say that only warrior gap closers reliably hit targets is false information. At least we don't teleport at you and give you plenty of animation tell. (looking at revenants and guardians). A while back warrior GS rush would miss if the target simple walked away, which was terrible.

You can still dodge projectiles by moving without wasting endurance after the cast.

> @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > What is the real problem here? Why shouldn't they deal damage? They are targeted skills, of course they will hit you if you are in range. What makes you think simply walking should avoid a targeted skill if you are in range unless you manage to get out of it fast enough?

>

> The problem here is that if i move out of the way of the animation I still get hit and in pvp it's dumb. Also another problem is that only warrior has this type of cap closers.

>

> If one class has this feature then why not normalize it to all the classes?

You can't move out of the way of these animations because they follow you, which is the whole point of them... They would never deal damage otherwise/simply not function. No other class has this? I don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure that is because no other class has even similar skills to it in the first place.

> @"The Ace.9105" said:

> Warrior leaps and charges are unavoidable by running and these skills basically automatically hit after the cast if the target has been in the range while casting the skill. The only way to avoid them is by dodging.

>

> If this is working as intended then why doesn't other classes have this feature too? Seems like there has been some class favoritism.

Is this sarcastic post? If not, then I can't take you seriously, especially because of the last sentence. Such statements are only allowed in mesmer subforum!

Rush, Bull's charge and Savage leaps (and most likely other warrior mobility skills) are composed of few "parts" or ticks and direction of the mobility skill is updated with each of this part/tick. Rush skill has also special gap closer that happens at the end of the animation. I think this is the "fix" for rush missing so often in the past (it missed more than actualy hit and even now it misses sometimes).

Also, if you have enabled "Allow Skill Retargetting", you can use e.g. Rush away from enemy, then target the enemy in the middle of Rush and you will rush back to the enemy, hitting them. This is possible because of those parts/ticks.

> @"cryorion.9532" said:

> Also, if you have enabled **"Allow Skill Retargetting"**, you can use e.g. Rush away from enemy, then target the enemy in the middle of Rush and you will rush back to the enemy, hitting them. This is possible because of those parts/ticks.

>

I use this often, it is invaluable on many classes hehe.

> @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > @"The Ace.9105" said:

> > > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > > What is the real problem here? Why shouldn't they deal damage? They are targeted skills, of course they will hit you if you are in range. What makes you think simply walking should avoid a targeted skill if you are in range unless you manage to get out of it fast enough?

> >

> > The problem here is that if i move out of the way of the animation I still get hit and in pvp it's dumb. Also another problem is that only warrior has this type of cap closers.

> >

> > If one class has this feature then why not normalize it to all the classes?

>

> You can't move out of the way of these animations because they follow you, which is the whole point of them... They would never deal damage otherwise/simply not function. No other class has this? I don't know about that, but I'm pretty sure that is because no other class has even similar skills to it in the first place.

This game has many gap closers but only warrior ones autohits the enemy.

Use rampage with these autohit gap closers and it becomes very annoying to fight against a warrior.

We can't assume these aren't intentional effects, BOTH for the warrior and the other classes where they don't get autohit.

At a higher level, I have a hypothesis why warriors are so 'powerful' and it's because they don't have as many of the options that other classes do with a fixed build; it's my _narrow bandwidth_ theory. It's basically this: if you have fewer controls to access abilities, they need to be more powerful to compete with others.

There isn't much, if anything a warrior has access to beyond the basic skill bar, a weapon swap and the very 1 dimensional adrenaline bar mechanic. That's a pretty small number of controls to cover a large range of effects that are within a reasonable level for a class to have. Based on my theory, I believe Anet makes up for that narrow bandwidth by allowing stronger, more passive effects (passive healing for example) or stacking effects (heal on shouts, etc....). True, other classes have these things, but not as abundant or significant as I think Warrior has them.

So before you come here and complain that warriors are getting something others don't, have a good long think about WHY that might be happening. Don't assume everything in this game is done in error or incompetence. If you change your mindset and think objectively "Oh maybe there is a reason for this", then you start to see some reason for it ... you might gain some valuable insight about the class and why people play it.

First off, warrior mobility skills do not automatically strike a target if used in range of the target. They have made great strides to improve this but they still miss plenty without a player having used a dodge or evade to prevent being hit. What would be the point of one of these skills if they were able to mitigated by simply moving, they would be down right terrible. That is why they took steps to improve them and added the leap to the end of GS 5, to improve the frequency in which it actually connects.

I find it a bit ironic how you complain about the warrior dashes and leaps and "If this is working as intended then why doesn't other classes have this feature too? Seems like there has been some class favoritism." In terms of the versatility of mobility skills, warrior is one of the worst in the game, and this is because they have no access to blinks and teleports. I'm not claiming they should have blinks or teleports, that would probably be to powerful on them without reworking other skills, just they they lack the most powerful mobility skills in the game. So this "great feature" that warriors have where their mobility skills actually connect on a person who is not actively evading them is worse than the best of what other classes have.

Lastly, it is simply the way warriors have been designed. Warriors are basically a dual melee wielding class that is hard hitting and has high base armor and health. Their downfall is that they generally need to be in melee range to damage and that damage is mitigated by kitting. People fight warriors by either trying to keep range and dealing damage from range, or by attacking and retreating, like a thief that comes in with blind and stun, attacks and retreats until a warrior is witted down. At the same time the warrior is trying to chase the opponents down making them use up all of their survival skills at which point they can start landing their heavy hits. Without mobility skills that have a high probability of hitting the warrior be seriously disadvantaged in this match up to the point where they would need a total rework. This is why almost every viable warrior build uses great sword. Without it the warrior doesn't have a chance in the chasing game.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"The Ace.9105" said:

> Warrior leaps and charges are unavoidable by running....

HAHAHAHA really? Warrior leaps and charges are the most buggy skills in the game and most of the times they never hit their targets reliably. Just to mention a few; there is a bug that makes **Rush** miss 100% of the times. The bug is as follows:

* Use the trait Magebane Tether

* hit someone with a burst to activate Magebane Tether

* Run in the opposite direction to pull your enemy towards you

* Immediately use **rush**

* BINGO rush will somehow swing to the left or right of the enemy and miss 100% of the time.

Warrior skills are the most buggy in the game. It took Anet **SIX "FIXES"** and 4 years to make rush slightly OK and still it has some game breaking bugs to it.

And don't get me started on bull's charge, that skill has more bugs than a log in the forest.

I do agree with your title "Warrior leaps and charges are broken and not working properly" but not in the context that you are putting it.