[Feedback] Mad King's Raceway [merged]

I come back every year to complete the Halloween event. This year I decided I should start playing more and purchased the fire expansion. This is very disappointing to me since I may not have the time to grind through the story/money to get the beetle and unlock all mount abilities before the event ends. Halloween events have never been gated before, it's the reason I keep coming back. Doubt I'm alone here.

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Sharvani.3849" said:

> I come back every year to complete the Halloween event. This year I decided I should start playing more and purchased the fire expansion. This is very disappointing to me since I may not have the time to grind through the story/money to get the beetle and unlock all mount abilities before the event ends. Halloween events have never been gated before, it's the reason I keep coming back. Doubt I'm alone here.

With the change you can do it on a Raptor. If you're on a US server and need help getting or even leveling it, hit me up in game. Happy to help.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > > It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

> >

> > Just because people like a challenge doesnt mean they have no compassion or dont have goodwill towards other players.

> >

> > In fact most suggestions simply point out that there's options that would at least leave some (new/different) challenge amongst the acchievements while also giving those who arent as good at the game something to go for.

> >

> >

> > For me farm and excessive time requiring achievements are just as bad as something that may be a bit on the harder side of content.

> >

> > But do those get swift action? Nope.

>

> Liking a challenge is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements on a limited time holiday event is not really fine. It shows people thinking like this. I can do this so everyone should be able to. Or you know, I have the time so everyone should/must have the time. Or people who don't have the time, well, it's their problem not mine, because I want harder achievements.

>

> A limited time holiday festival can have harder achievements, but don't make them part of the meta. Because if you put enough of those in, people who would normally play to play the meta will give up and stop playing holiday content, because they'll realize they can't get it. I saw this happen this year with people in my guild who weren't good enough to do the jumping puzzle and weren't able to get the 1 minute on the race. Sure everyone can spend hours practicing stuff, if everyone has the time or the patience, or the hardware, or the internet connection.

>

> Or we could all just let everyone enjoy the base halloween event and keep harder achievements out of a limited time meta. Saying we're all caring about other people and then saying I can do something so if others can't too bad doesn't show a lot of empathy. I'm not saying anyone is this thread is actually saying this mind you, but there is a difference between people saying something like I like challenging content and I would like more, and them not being sympathetic to people who have less time, worse connections, slower machines, or people who live in places like Australia where some things are just harder due to ping. Me, I say leave the meta so everyone can enjoy Halloween and put the difficult achievements in places where they're more of an option. Halloween should be for everyone, not just people who are more highly skilled.

If anyone likes or asks for challenging content or achievements people first and foremost ask for what they enjoy, not what they expect other players to do or not do. And if they do its not much different than requesting there to be no(t so much) challenging content imo. Like you saying that mere asking for a bit more challenge during halloween "is not fine". Expressing what interests people is what these forums are about. You policing about like "this is fine to request, that isnt" is pointless anyway. At most you're saying, "This might be interesting to you but not to me and (alot of) my friends."

Also alot of these achievements are timeintesive all the same. On a time limited holiday event that also doesnt make such a grind all that enjoyable either. If anything a wider variety of difficulty or at least covering more of the playerbase isnt that bad.

Leaving such challenge out of the meta is not even part of the discussion really, No disagreements there.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > > > I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

> > >

> > > But can they finish it without the beetle full stop? Because I don't think they can.

> >

> > Are you implying people don't have access to the beetle?

>

> I'd say some people who started this game late and wants to play the story in order doesn't.

You have no idea what you are talking about then. I got that time with a rental beetle. There is an NPC which rents beetles to players in that map. I do not even own PoF. You have a lot to say on this subject for not being informed about even basic aspects of the map.

> @"Garfried.7295" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/cRF1WFn.png "")

> I grinded my behind off to get a sub 44 time, yet im still not rank one? Can arenanet please add a real leaderboard on which i can see the entire top 10, so i know what time i have to beat? Or can a dev tell me what currently the fastest time is on the EU server? Thanks!

Aw, it's still an impressive accomplishment either way :)

I think the leaderboard just shows times from your friendlist and guildies? Does anyone know if that is correct . . ?

> @"zealex.9410" said:

> > @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > > @"zealex.9410" said:

> > > The achievement isnt required for the meta. And "its a festival" doesnt cut it. Halloween has the clock tower which is considered one if the harder jps, same with the 3 jps in winter's day.

> > . . .

> > > The race came out 2 days ago and there were already guides on how to beat it in under 50 seconds.

> > >

> > > Now its been nerfed to the point where ppl can do the lap in almost 1:30 on foot and might even be able to complete it without mounts.

> >

> > The Ping/latency issues that impact doing this race on beetle (completely ignoring for a moment the fact that beetle does not perform the same for everyone) also impact doing the JP. That means that those players whose region is prone to perpetual high latency may be unable to do either. I see someone has posted a video of doing this on high ping, so clearly still not impossible, but the difficulty level is significantly increased. . . On already very challenging content. That means a whole segment of players are penalized not for their skill level, not for their amount of play time, but simply for where they live. Then you add in players who have problems with their ISP, and the mount inconsistency problems and it should become more apparent why they made this change. As many have already said, there are still leaderboards and gold to strive for.

> >

> > It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

>

> They could simply lower the meta req to 8 and not have this problem to begin with.

Or make two achievements, one for the meta (doing it 3 times) (1:30 is a good time for that!) and one for the glory (1 time only) (1:00 sharp). The fact that they added two achievements to the meta that they know (or should have known) people would have problem with (even after 6 years, there are people that still cannot do the Clocktower), is something that goes against the idea of a fun festival.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > > > It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

> > >

> > > Just because people like a challenge doesnt mean they have no compassion or dont have goodwill towards other players.

> > >

> > > In fact most suggestions simply point out that there's options that would at least leave some (new/different) challenge amongst the acchievements while also giving those who arent as good at the game something to go for.

> > >

> > >

> > > For me farm and excessive time requiring achievements are just as bad as something that may be a bit on the harder side of content.

> > >

> > > But do those get swift action? Nope.

> >

> > Liking a challenge is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements on a limited time holiday event is not really fine. It shows people thinking like this. I can do this so everyone should be able to. Or you know, I have the time so everyone should/must have the time. Or people who don't have the time, well, it's their problem not mine, because I want harder achievements.

> >

> > A limited time holiday festival can have harder achievements, but don't make them part of the meta. Because if you put enough of those in, people who would normally play to play the meta will give up and stop playing holiday content, because they'll realize they can't get it. I saw this happen this year with people in my guild who weren't good enough to do the jumping puzzle and weren't able to get the 1 minute on the race. Sure everyone can spend hours practicing stuff, if everyone has the time or the patience, or the hardware, or the internet connection.

> >

> > Or we could all just let everyone enjoy the base halloween event and keep harder achievements out of a limited time meta. Saying we're all caring about other people and then saying I can do something so if others can't too bad doesn't show a lot of empathy. I'm not saying anyone is this thread is actually saying this mind you, but there is a difference between people saying something like I like challenging content and I would like more, and them not being sympathetic to people who have less time, worse connections, slower machines, or people who live in places like Australia where some things are just harder due to ping. Me, I say leave the meta so everyone can enjoy Halloween and put the difficult achievements in places where they're more of an option. Halloween should be for everyone, not just people who are more highly skilled.

>

> If anyone likes or asks for challenging content or achievements people first and foremost ask for what they enjoy, not what they expect other players to do or not do. And if they do its not much different than requesting there to be no(t so much) challenging content imo. Like you saying that mere asking for a bit more challenge during halloween "is not fine". Expressing what interests people is what these forums are about. You policing about like "this is fine to request, that isnt" is pointless anyway. At most you're saying, "This might be interesting to you but not to me and (alot of) my friends."

>

> Also alot of these achievements are timeintesive all the same. On a time limited holiday event that also doesnt make such a grind all that enjoyable either. If anything a wider variety of difficulty or at least covering more of the playerbase isnt that bad.

>

> Leaving such challenge out of the meta is not even part of the discussion really, No disagreements there.

Well it is a discussion because the discussion started with the change of an achievement that directly affected the meta. That makes it part of the discussion. I guarantee you if someone said make more challenging achievements without bringing that up, I wouldn't have bothered commenting.

> @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Shayne Hawke.9160" said:

> > > > > I have now managed to finish a lap in under a minute without any PoF masteries (video [here](https://webm.video/UCp0d9 "here")). I no longer have any sympathy for any players with PoF who claim they can not do this.

> > > >

> > > > But can they finish it without the beetle full stop? Because I don't think they can.

> > >

> > > Are you implying people don't have access to the beetle?

> >

> > I'd say some people who started this game late and wants to play the story in order doesn't.

>

> You have no idea what you are talking about then. I got that time with a rental beetle. There is an NPC which rents beetles to players in that map. I do not even own PoF. You have a lot to say on this subject for not being informed about even basic aspects of the map.

I stand corrected. Owning a beetle myself, I never had to look for an NPC. I still think that any event that effects the meta, that's time limited, meaning the 3 weeks of Halloween is a bad idea period end stop. That is to say, holiday metas were always casual content. With the inclusion of two difficult achievements in it, the Mad King's Clock Tower and the minute, both of which might require hours of practice, you're hurting the game. Whether any one person can do it, or gets it isn't really relevant to the conversation. What's relevant is that people turned off by holiday events because the meta requires an investment they simply can't give (or don't want to give) makes it a loss for the game. There are plenty of places you can insert challenging achievements. The holiday meta should, in my opinion, still be achievable by the lowest common denominator.

> @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > @"Rischdara.4137" said:

> >

> > This mentality drives me crazy - now its done without any effort. I trained yesterday for like 3 Hours and finally managed it. (i had no clue how to use beetle before) i was kinda proud and hoped not every1 can do it so i could maybe even climb up in Achievement leaderboard a Little, since im alrdy in top 100.

>

> Not everyone has the luxury of 3 hours to waste on learning a track with so little to gain from......here to enjoy the game not to work.

>

> This isn't gran turismo, its like being forced to learn and play golf in one of the levels on resident evil.

>

What about raid bosses or mad king clock tower? Also can take over several hours/tries

Would this be a good time to provide some feedback on the beetle? Currently, the beetle is not well-utilized because of its unremarkable base speed and dependence on boosting or downhill acceleration in order to accomplish anything. Drift activation is also clunky with its requirement to be at boost-speed and use of the extra mount ability key.

Here is my suggestion. Most people accept the tradeoff that the beetle is for pure speed and that this will come at the cost of precise maneuvering (drifty turns). Let's make that consistent across the whole of the beetle's functions. By default, give the beetle a relatively fast base speed (example: starts at raptor speed and accelerates on level ground at +5% every 1s, to a max of +25%), and have drift always on (at low speeds, the impact will be minimal anyhow). Boosting will provide extra acceleration/top speed as normal but does not otherwise change the fundamental controls. I think this is what people intuitively expected from the mount (handling like a wheeled vehicle) and all the added mechanics/controls just add a ton of unnecessary clunk to the way it actually plays, and makes it harder to adjust to the drifting controls because it's only ever active when going at high speeds. We all wanted to love the beetle when it was announced, and I think the inconsistent and needlessly complicated controls let it down.

I think the difficulty of this race is a reflection of how little practical experience people have had with the beetle due to its inconsistent handling. I think if you are going to make beetle race tracks you should start with, well, actual race tracks that emphasize speed and drifting rather than obstacle courses. That would help acclimate players to drift handling before they're asked to do it in a tightly precision-oriented way.

> @"Robban.1256" said:

> > @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > > @"Rischdara.4137" said:

> > >

> > > This mentality drives me crazy - now its done without any effort. I trained yesterday for like 3 Hours and finally managed it. (i had no clue how to use beetle before) i was kinda proud and hoped not every1 can do it so i could maybe even climb up in Achievement leaderboard a Little, since im alrdy in top 100.

> >

> > Not everyone has the luxury of 3 hours to waste on learning a track with so little to gain from......here to enjoy the game not to work.

> >

> > This isn't gran turismo, its like being forced to learn and play golf in one of the levels on resident evil.

> >

>

> What about raid bosses

Not a festival.

> or mad king clock tower?

Not necessary for the meta

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Robban.1256" said:

> > > @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > > > @"Rischdara.4137" said:

> > > >

> > > > This mentality drives me crazy - now its done without any effort. I trained yesterday for like 3 Hours and finally managed it. (i had no clue how to use beetle before) i was kinda proud and hoped not every1 can do it so i could maybe even climb up in Achievement leaderboard a Little, since im alrdy in top 100.

> > >

> > > Not everyone has the luxury of 3 hours to waste on learning a track with so little to gain from......here to enjoy the game not to work.

> > >

> > > This isn't gran turismo, its like being forced to learn and play golf in one of the levels on resident evil.

> > >

> >

> > What about raid bosses

> Not a festival.

>

> > or mad king clock tower?

> Not necessary for the meta

>

Well, it is one of the achievements of the meta. But not everyone can do it, and not always due to lack of skill. There's other issues like trusting your eyes and not realizing the collisions in the tower to dot really match the geometry, or lag. It used to be way worse before they added the collision sensitivity slider, some people had their camera stuck to the floor, zooming in an out all the time, or wobbling about uncontrollably. They also improved the jumping puzzle by hiding other players, since many of them prevented people from actually being able to see where they were going.

Yeah, some people can do it with their eyes closed, like some people can complete super mario bros blindfolded and facing away from the screen. But asking people to get that skilled at content that will be available for a brief window of time would just be unfair.

The collisions still could use some fixing so one can actually trust one's eyes when jumping on a beam so they won't fall off it, or get stuck against something invisible and fall when there was nothing there, but at least they addressed other issues.

The beetle's issues are more pronounced, but that's 2 achievements that can be extremely frustrating when they can't be completed because of reasons out of the player's control.

So at least one of them had to cave in, and the beetle was easier to address, just with adjustments in time requirements.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > > > @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > > > > It’s the holidays! Is it too much to ask for peace, compassion and goodwill towards your fellow gamers who love the game just as much as you do? ;-)

> > > >

> > > > Just because people like a challenge doesnt mean they have no compassion or dont have goodwill towards other players.

> > > >

> > > > In fact most suggestions simply point out that there's options that would at least leave some (new/different) challenge amongst the acchievements while also giving those who arent as good at the game something to go for.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > For me farm and excessive time requiring achievements are just as bad as something that may be a bit on the harder side of content.

> > > >

> > > > But do those get swift action? Nope.

> > >

> > > Liking a challenge is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements is fine. Asking for more challenging achievements on a limited time holiday event is not really fine. It shows people thinking like this. I can do this so everyone should be able to. Or you know, I have the time so everyone should/must have the time. Or people who don't have the time, well, it's their problem not mine, because I want harder achievements.

> > >

> > > A limited time holiday festival can have harder achievements, but don't make them part of the meta. Because if you put enough of those in, people who would normally play to play the meta will give up and stop playing holiday content, because they'll realize they can't get it. I saw this happen this year with people in my guild who weren't good enough to do the jumping puzzle and weren't able to get the 1 minute on the race. Sure everyone can spend hours practicing stuff, if everyone has the time or the patience, or the hardware, or the internet connection.

> > >

> > > Or we could all just let everyone enjoy the base halloween event and keep harder achievements out of a limited time meta. Saying we're all caring about other people and then saying I can do something so if others can't too bad doesn't show a lot of empathy. I'm not saying anyone is this thread is actually saying this mind you, but there is a difference between people saying something like I like challenging content and I would like more, and them not being sympathetic to people who have less time, worse connections, slower machines, or people who live in places like Australia where some things are just harder due to ping. Me, I say leave the meta so everyone can enjoy Halloween and put the difficult achievements in places where they're more of an option. Halloween should be for everyone, not just people who are more highly skilled.

> >

> > If anyone likes or asks for challenging content or achievements people first and foremost ask for what they enjoy, not what they expect other players to do or not do. And if they do its not much different than requesting there to be no(t so much) challenging content imo. Like you saying that mere asking for a bit more challenge during halloween "is not fine". Expressing what interests people is what these forums are about. You policing about like "this is fine to request, that isnt" is pointless anyway. At most you're saying, "This might be interesting to you but not to me and (alot of) my friends."

> >

> > Also alot of these achievements are timeintesive all the same. On a time limited holiday event that also doesnt make such a grind all that enjoyable either. If anything a wider variety of difficulty or at least covering more of the playerbase isnt that bad.

> >

> > Leaving such challenge out of the meta is not even part of the discussion really, No disagreements there.

>

> Well it is a discussion because the discussion started with the change of an achievement that directly affected the meta. That makes it part of the discussion. I guarantee you if someone said make more challenging achievements without bringing that up, I wouldn't have bothered commenting.

The discussion started with the suggestion to move it out of the meta rather than nerfing it. Ofcourse, with all the thread reforming and merging the original post of the discussion got a bit lost. > [https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719535/#Comment_719535](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719535/#Comment_719535 "https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/719535/#Comment_719535")

> @"Taygus.4571" said:

> > @"Robban.1256" said:

> > > @"Jasonbdj.4021" said:

> > > > @"Rischdara.4137" said:

> > > >

> > > > This mentality drives me crazy - now its done without any effort. I trained yesterday for like 3 Hours and finally managed it. (i had no clue how to use beetle before) i was kinda proud and hoped not every1 can do it so i could maybe even climb up in Achievement leaderboard a Little, since im alrdy in top 100.

> > >

> > > Not everyone has the luxury of 3 hours to waste on learning a track with so little to gain from......here to enjoy the game not to work.

> > >

> > > This isn't gran turismo, its like being forced to learn and play golf in one of the levels on resident evil.

> > >

> >

> > What about raid bosses

> Not a festival.

>

> > or mad king clock tower?

> Not necessary for the meta

>

>

>

>

Neither is the race necassary needed for the meta. And i talk about difficulty

I hate the beetle. It is the least used mount I have. The steering is crap. The boost is crap. Its fat ass doesn't make it any better.

I did all the trials on raptor, getting down to 1:21something, I think. could be 1:23... so many tries...

I can't do the clocktower either. Everything time gated is a nightmare for me. JPs are not exactly my friend (I tried them all, did almost all, Griffonrook, the Southsun one and the Sanctum ones missing, Griffon is timed.. so no, not going to do it. Southsun.. maybe someday, when I am really bored and no newbies to mentor). I need to think about my jumps. So I was pretty much locked out of the big 50AP pile.

Until the change came in. Yay.

Some people think that just because they are good at one aspect, that aspect is important. Some people think that just because some content is easy or doable for them, it is easy or doable for everyone.

Newsflash: these people are dead wrong.

I had no trouble with some of the queens gauntless fights, that some from my friendslist found horrible and vice versa. Does that make them better than me or me better than them? Hell no! It just means that we are people with different skills, abilities, way to think, ways to react and different styles.

The track... as a raptor or jackal track is fine. I won't even consider trying it with a beetle with all those little things to bump into. Others found it doable and some people might think it was easy. Good. Great even. Does not change the fact that it was highly unfair and undoable for many. And an 'annual' FESTIVAL achievement that you basically NEED should not be unfair/undoable for many.

I can understand that some people might be angry because the requirement was changed - all the hours lost. But those should think 1 minute about all the players who never stood a chance to get the achievements, even after hours of trying. Is their exclusion worth it? Really? Does your mental well being really depend on being among some few selected in a CASUAL mmorgp? In a tiny, unimportant aspect of that mmorpg?

So, good choice to relax it, anet. But the next time, think about the huge player pool that are not playing full time like some of your inhouse people, before you set up a requirement. I get it, some people need to feel special, so you throw them a bone (raid legendary armor anyone?). But a festival is not a good place to cater to the elitist 'I have 10h a day to train for this' crowd.

> @"Garfried.7295" said:

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/cRF1WFn.png "")

> I grinded my behind off to get a sub 44 time, yet im still not rank one? Can arenanet please add a real leaderboard on which i can see the entire top 10, so i know what time i have to beat? Or can a dev tell me what currently the fastest time is on the EU server? Thanks!

Haha.. keep on trying !!! :P it's mysterious man. Gj btw :)

> @"MisterOiZo.4359" said:

> > @"theory.3580" said:

> > I understand that many people were having trouble with the new achievement, and this patch was meant to address their concerns. However, for many people, a lot of the enjoyment of playing games comes from the sense of mastery and accomplishment from overcoming something difficult. I practiced for hours and finally got 3 runs under 60 seconds for the Annual Mad Drifter achievement this morning, and it made my day.

> >

> > Instead of removing difficult achievements in the future, can they please just be made non-required for their respective meta-achievements? That way everyone wins and no one suffers. People who are having trouble and want a relaxed fun experience can just skip the achievements that are too hard for them, and people who enjoy a challenge have an optional and enjoyable extra achievement to work towards.

> >

> > Please don't ignore the enjoyment of players that enjoy a challenge to defuse players who want relaxed fun. Both groups of us are people who just want to enjoy this amazing game. Thank you for your time.

>

> Hey man, I'm all for difficult achievements but lets make sure that the second ability of the roller is working 100% first! since that is basically a requirement for getting that achievement. for me that ability is failing consistently (like 3 out of 5 times) when I need it it just does not register. this is the only mount where the ability does not register consistent and yes i know i have to use ability 1 first..

You dont need the 2nd ability, look here-

My feedback at this point is to rename the Mad Drifter achievement to Mad Racer, and then put in a new achievement named Mad Drifter for those that can complete this in under 1:05 (match the gold time). If i saw this thread before the complaints started being listened to I would have suggested adding an achievement for finishing the 3 lap race that interrupts the time trial every 7 minutes. This would have allowed players to finish the meta achievement while keeping a challenging achievement in the game.

I think having things to do in this game that are a challenge is a good thing, while i understand the need to nerf the achievement in order for the average player to be able to complete the meta achievement removing challenge and a sense of accomplishment from this game is not a good thing. It feels very shallow.

I'm also trying to find the person with the best beetle time. My current record is 42.72 beetle only. I know there are several who are in the top spot by doing this race with a griffon - I do hope these posted times do get removed and the exploit fixed.

> @"Draygo.9473" said:

> My feedback at this point is to rename the Mad Drifter achievement to Mad Racer, and then put in a new achievement named Mad Drifter for those that can complete this in under 1:05 (match the gold time). If i saw this thread before the complaints started being listened to I would have suggested adding an achievement for finishing the 3 lap race that interrupts the time trial every 7 minutes. This would have allowed players to finish the meta achievement while keeping a challenging achievement in the game.

>

> I think having things to do in this game that are a challenge is a good thing, while i understand the need to nerf the achievement in order for the average player to be able to complete the meta achievement removing challenge and a sense of accomplishment from this game is not a good thing. It feels very shallow.

>

> I'm also trying to find the person with the best beetle time. My current record is 42.72 beetle only. I know there are several who are in the top spot by doing this race with a griffon - I do hope these posted times do get removed and the exploit fixed.

I don't think it's fair to say the griffon is an exploit, it seems like a creative solution . . .

Either way, your 42.72 is really impressive. I'm still stuck at 1:01ish, but I usually only do two or three runs a day to get gold then move on . . .

EDIT: Got it today, first try, 59.320 :)

> @"Robban.1256" said:

> > @"MisterOiZo.4359" said:

> > > @"theory.3580" said:

> > > I understand that many people were having trouble with the new achievement, and this patch was meant to address their concerns. However, for many people, a lot of the enjoyment of playing games comes from the sense of mastery and accomplishment from overcoming something difficult. I practiced for hours and finally got 3 runs under 60 seconds for the Annual Mad Drifter achievement this morning, and it made my day.

> > >

> > > Instead of removing difficult achievements in the future, can they please just be made non-required for their respective meta-achievements? That way everyone wins and no one suffers. People who are having trouble and want a relaxed fun experience can just skip the achievements that are too hard for them, and people who enjoy a challenge have an optional and enjoyable extra achievement to work towards.

> > >

> > > Please don't ignore the enjoyment of players that enjoy a challenge to defuse players who want relaxed fun. Both groups of us are people who just want to enjoy this amazing game. Thank you for your time.

> >

> > Hey man, I'm all for difficult achievements but lets make sure that the second ability of the roller is working 100% first! since that is basically a requirement for getting that achievement. for me that ability is failing consistently (like 3 out of 5 times) when I need it it just does not register. this is the only mount where the ability does not register consistent and yes i know i have to use ability 1 first..

>

> You dont need the 2nd ability, look here-

How are they turning so well/sharply. I can't turn like that, o.o

> @"Gop.8713" said:

> > @"Draygo.9473" said:

> > My feedback at this point is to rename the Mad Drifter achievement to Mad Racer, and then put in a new achievement named Mad Drifter for those that can complete this in under 1:05 (match the gold time). If i saw this thread before the complaints started being listened to I would have suggested adding an achievement for finishing the 3 lap race that interrupts the time trial every 7 minutes. This would have allowed players to finish the meta achievement while keeping a challenging achievement in the game.

> >

> > I think having things to do in this game that are a challenge is a good thing, while i understand the need to nerf the achievement in order for the average player to be able to complete the meta achievement removing challenge and a sense of accomplishment from this game is not a good thing. It feels very shallow.

> >

> > I'm also trying to find the person with the best beetle time. My current record is 42.72 beetle only. I know there are several who are in the top spot by doing this race with a griffon - I do hope these posted times do get removed and the exploit fixed.

>

> I don't think it's fair to say the griffon is an exploit, it seems like a creative solution . . .

>

> Either way, your 42.72 is really impressive. I'm still stuck at 1:01ish, but I usually only do two or three runs a day to get gold then move on . . .

>

> EDIT: Got it today, first try, 59.320 :)

Its an exploit because you have to get out of the map to use it, gaining an unintended advantage.