Touch of Fog

Hey guys, there's this skin:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Touch_of_Fog

which we don't know the 4th component of. Reddit is searching here:

I'm aware that it's also mentioned in Svelicht's thread, but I think for the ones not checking reddit, having a standalone thread is a plus. Care to push this a little bit? Would be nice if we could figure out the 4th component before Halloween is over, in case it's an item from this year's festival.

> @"lifeshoutslive.4163" said:

> Hey guys, there's this skin:

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Touch_of_Fog

> which we don't know the 4th component of. Reddit is searching here:

> I'm aware that it's also mentioned in Svelicht's thread, but I think for the ones not checking reddit, having a standalone thread is a plus. Care to push this a little bit? Would be nice if we could figure out the 4th component before Halloween is over, in case it's an item from this year's festival.

T'is a Tub of Glue, probably to make the mini stick to the torch.

_"You can't just glue a bird's spirit to a torch, King Thorn" - citizen who is now glued to a banner post_

> @"Moira Shalaar.5620" said:

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > I'm undecided whether to aim for it. 40k candy for a mini which won't unlock when I use it is putting me off

> You could just look at it at 40cob for a weapon skin. I wasn’t willing to buy the mini just for the mini’s sake, but am rethinking in light of the weapon skin.

>

Yeah but I want both lol

> @"MokahTGS.7850" said:

> So...basically taking the Raven and smooshing it all over the Touch of Maddness gloves with wood glue to make it stick making new gloves...love GW2 crafting don't you?

> =)

Or maybe: you adhere the philosopher's stone to your palm -- this allows you to hold the intangible -- and use Touch of Madness with raven-in-hand. As the raven ignites and burns up it extinguishes the flame and results in the foggy, smoky result.

So basically festival NPCs are selling ravens and half the people want a cute new pet and the other half want to destroy it in a ritualized fit of madness. Cool.

Probably overthinking.

If I do manage to make one of these before Haloween's over, I'm going to hold onto it. Don't want to be caught with my pants down if it gets upgraded even further next year (the text implies there could be two more elemental touches/torches), like all the people who salvaged their first Touch of Madness after unlocking the skin.

Now if only there was a class that could dual-wield torches so you could use both.

> @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> If I do manage to make one of these before Haloween's over, I'm going to hold onto it. Don't want to be caught with my pants down if it gets upgraded even further next year (the text implies there could be two more elemental touches/torches), like all the people who salvaged their first Touch of Madness after unlocking the skin.

>

> Now if only there was a class that could dual-wield torches so you could use both.

Yeah, same.

And it would be really awesome if we could wield 2 torches. That aside...on which class makes wielding the torch the most fun? Until now I always ignored that weapon.

> @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > If I do manage to make one of these before Haloween's over, I'm going to hold onto it. Don't want to be caught with my pants down if it gets upgraded even further next year (the text implies there could be two more elemental touches/torches), like all the people who salvaged their first Touch of Madness after unlocking the skin.

> >

> > Now if only there was a class that could dual-wield torches so you could use both.

>

> Yeah, same.

>

> And it would be really awesome if we could wield 2 torches. That aside...on which class makes wielding the torch the most fun? Until now I always ignored that weapon.

Berserker works really well. I use it on my mirage too but mostly because the skin I have looks the biz

> @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > If I do manage to make one of these before Haloween's over, I'm going to hold onto it. Don't want to be caught with my pants down if it gets upgraded even further next year (the text implies there could be two more elemental touches/torches), like all the people who salvaged their first Touch of Madness after unlocking the skin.

> >

> > Now if only there was a class that could dual-wield torches so you could use both.

>

> Yeah, same.

>

> And it would be really awesome if we could wield 2 torches. That aside...on which class makes wielding the torch the most fun? Until now I always ignored that weapon.

I'm also gonna use it on my Mirage, alongside the Raven. Makes a nice ghostly look probably, gonna play around with the new infusion that makes your outline shimmering gray, too; I think there's potential.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > If I do manage to make one of these before Haloween's over, I'm going to hold onto it. Don't want to be caught with my pants down if it gets upgraded even further next year (the text implies there could be two more elemental touches/torches), like all the people who salvaged their first Touch of Madness after unlocking the skin.

> > >

> > > Now if only there was a class that could dual-wield torches so you could use both.

> >

> > Yeah, same.

> >

> > And it would be really awesome if we could wield 2 torches. That aside...on which class makes wielding the torch the most fun? Until now I always ignored that weapon.

>

> Berserker works really well. I use it on my mirage too but mostly because the skin I have looks the biz

> @"lifeshoutslive.4163" said:

> > @"Myrdreth.6829" said:

> > > @"Overlord RainyDay.2084" said:

> > > If I do manage to make one of these before Haloween's over, I'm going to hold onto it. Don't want to be caught with my pants down if it gets upgraded even further next year (the text implies there could be two more elemental touches/torches), like all the people who salvaged their first Touch of Madness after unlocking the skin.

> > >

> > > Now if only there was a class that could dual-wield torches so you could use both.

> >

> > Yeah, same.

> >

> > And it would be really awesome if we could wield 2 torches. That aside...on which class makes wielding the torch the most fun? Until now I always ignored that weapon.

>

> I'm also gonna use it on my Mirage, alongside the Raven. Makes a nice ghostly look probably, gonna play around with the new infusion that makes your outline shimmering gray, too; I think there's potential.

Thank you both for your answer, I will try that! Also I really like the idea of a ghostly character :)