Titles returning - Win trading about to be at an all time high?

mes.4607

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > "Win trade"

> > > > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > > >

> > > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > > >

> > > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > > >

> > > > 5 man queue instead :)

> > >

> > > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> >

> > How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

>

> Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome

You pointing out as if wintrading would be easier in 5 man, it isn't. The reason is it's much more obvious and easier for anet to ban since that's what you want. It's so much harder to find out wintraders when it's soloq/duo q FYI.

One thing I'm dissapointed with, is that titles seem to not return in S13.

I'd like the concept, when reward is decided secretly by Anet, and become public only in the day of season's end. That way wintraders would think twice about risk being banned for something they don't know if they actually need. I'm still hoping for this concept for S13.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > "Win trade"

> > > > > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > > > >

> > > > > 5 man queue instead :)

> > > >

> > > > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> > >

> > > How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

> >

> > Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome

>

> You pointing out as if wintrading would be easier in 5 man, it isn't. The reason is it's much more obvious and easier for anet to ban since that's what you want. It's so much harder to find out wintraders when it's soloq/duo q FYI.

I agree. Two 5-mans syncing ques and wintrading is very, very easy to catch.

Clear a few things up:

1. Who wintrades? Wintrading is mostly connected to streaming and it always has been. I'm not saying "all of them do it", but the ones who do are doing it out of a motive to keep their stream as popular as it can be. I won't mention any names specifically but there are at least 3 specific streamers this season, whom every time they are in a match against me, I mysteriously get a DC on my team. At least they are being courteous enough to douse my point loss eh?

2. The wintrading never went away during S13 after titles being removed. It was always still present so don't fool yourselves out of a desperate hope to want to believe the game mode was shaping up because it wasn't.

3. 5 man ques does not "help wintrading". What it is does is allow players the option to block wintraders from joining their team. It's the only firewall option left outside of a ban phase that would tear the remaining population asunder.

> @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> Clear a few things up:

>

> 1. Who wintrades? Wintrading is mostly connected to streaming and it always has been. I'm not saying "all of them do it", but the ones who do are doing it out of a motive to keep their stream as popular as it can be. I won't mention any names specifically but there are at least 3 specific streamers this season, whom every time they are in a match against me, I mysteriously get a DC on my team. At least they are being courteous enough to douse my point loss eh?

What is the reasoning for this? To create the impression of high performance during play when actually stomping 4v5, to maintain higher position for advertising the stream, a combination, or something else? Is this a reasoned assumption based on experience, or do you have additional information from streamers or afkers? I'm just curious and trying to understand.

> @"Allarius.5670" said:

> > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > Clear a few things up:

> >

> > 1. Who wintrades? Wintrading is mostly connected to streaming and it always has been. I'm not saying "all of them do it", but the ones who do are doing it out of a motive to keep their stream as popular as it can be. I won't mention any names specifically but there are at least 3 specific streamers this season, whom every time they are in a match against me, I mysteriously get a DC on my team. At least they are being courteous enough to douse my point loss eh?

>

> What is the reasoning for this? To create the impression of high performance during play when actually stomping 4v5, to maintain higher position for advertising the stream, a combination, or something else? Is this a reasoned assumption based on experience, or do you have additional information from streamers or afkers? I'm just curious and trying to understand.

>

>

First of all, I did actually speak to a special person about this whom shall remain nameless. Here is why they do it:

1. People start streaming and/or making youtube videos for fun.

2. Some of them get serious about it and start playing for hits/subscriptions/donations.

3. Hits/subscriptions/donations are how they make money, or also in some cases, the ones who are actually sponsored by companies. Some of them make flat wage while streaming, like an actual job.

4. People like to watch winners and very competitive players when it comes to streaming pvp. Furthermore, any videos made to explain something or give advice, is also something that people want to see coming from very competitive players.

5. If you're not in the top 10 while streaming matches and/or making additional videos giving advice but other streamers are, you don't get as much attention, in some situations you don't get attention at all.

6. It's a rat race were the motivation isn't about "looking cool on the leaderboards" well to most it isn't about that. To most of the ones wintrading it is about making money.

7. Anytime REAL USD is involved in anything, people start doing messed up things to capitalize. Just the way it is.

10/19/2018

win trading is still a thing in this game after how many seasons?

No matter what they decide to do or offer we'll always have win trading happening during the seasons. Perm ban or not it'll still happen as much as we hope it wont.... this game lost it's great spark seasons ago with the light slap to the butt with punishing cheaters. @"shadowpass.4236" is a great example as to why players quit, Reaching top 10 to then get fucked by 1 win trading game gone wrong lmfao, this shit happens to me every season when i hit top 25 and ALWAYS risk the last hour of the season to play 1 game to attempt top 10-20 to then end up in top 50 lol.

This game has a great system for combat but the devs really made it clear as day that this game isn't going to ever be what it use to or bring anything fresh. I log in every so often to see whos the top 100 and IT'S STILL the same people it was the last 3 seasons lol.

Love the game, Love the friends i made with it but I given up hope to the point where i just log in to chat/teach a few players some basic stuff because even anet weren't able to introduce new players on how to play the game mode properly.....

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> > >

> > > How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

> >

> > Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome

>

> You pointing out as if wintrading would be easier in 5 man, it isn't. The reason is it's much more obvious and easier for anet to ban since that's what you want. It's so much harder to find out wintraders when it's soloq/duo q FYI.

The question that Troll asked me is how do you wintrade as a 5 man. I simply told him how. Even if it's easier to get caught, people will do it... That's another discussion though. I feel like 5 man queuing would hurt ranked in its current state

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > "Win trade"

> > > > > > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 5 man queue instead :)

> > > > >

> > > > > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> > > >

> > > > How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

> > >

> > > Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome

> >

> > You pointing out as if wintrading would be easier in 5 man, it isn't. The reason is it's much more obvious and easier for anet to ban since that's what you want. It's so much harder to find out wintraders when it's soloq/duo q FYI.

>

> I agree. Two 5-mans syncing ques and wintrading is very, very easy to catch.

I feel that it should be easier to catch as well. Like I just told the other person though:

The question that Troll asked me is how do you wintrade as a 5 man. I simply told him how. Even if it's easier to get caught, people will do it... That's another discussion though. I feel like 5 man queuing would hurt ranked in its current state

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> 10/19/2018

>

> win trading is still a thing in this game after how many seasons?

>

> No matter what they decide to do or offer we'll always have win trading happening during the seasons. Perm ban or not it'll still happen as much as we hope it wont.... this game lost it's great spark seasons ago with the light slap to the butt with punishing cheaters. @"shadowpass.4236" is a great example as to why players quit, Reaching top 10 to then get kitten by 1 win trading game gone wrong lmfao, this kitten happens to me every season when i hit top 25 and ALWAYS risk the last hour of the season to play 1 game to attempt top 10-20 to then end up in top 50 lol.

>

> This game has a great system for combat but the devs really made it clear as day that this game isn't going to ever be what it use to or bring anything fresh. I log in every so often to see whos the top 100 and IT'S STILL the same people it was the last 3 seasons lol.

>

> Love the game, Love the friends i made with it but I given up hope to the point where i just log in to chat/teach a few players some basic stuff because even anet weren't able to introduce new players on how to play the game mode properly.....

I thought getting screwed out of rank 1 was annoying. Especially once I found out that titles were being removed in the next season.

However, I didn't quit because of that. I am busy irl and there wasn't any reason to play for PvP potions this season. If titles come back and duo stays, I will que next season. If it's solo, I'll probably stay away from GW2 until I can play with friends again.

> @"shadowpass.4236" said:

> > @"zoopop.5630" said:

> > 10/19/2018

> >

> > win trading is still a thing in this game after how many seasons?

> >

> > No matter what they decide to do or offer we'll always have win trading happening during the seasons. Perm ban or not it'll still happen as much as we hope it wont.... this game lost it's great spark seasons ago with the light slap to the butt with punishing cheaters. @"shadowpass.4236" is a great example as to why players quit, Reaching top 10 to then get kitten by 1 win trading game gone wrong lmfao, this kitten happens to me every season when i hit top 25 and ALWAYS risk the last hour of the season to play 1 game to attempt top 10-20 to then end up in top 50 lol.

> >

> > This game has a great system for combat but the devs really made it clear as day that this game isn't going to ever be what it use to or bring anything fresh. I log in every so often to see whos the top 100 and IT'S STILL the same people it was the last 3 seasons lol.

> >

> > Love the game, Love the friends i made with it but I given up hope to the point where i just log in to chat/teach a few players some basic stuff because even anet weren't able to introduce new players on how to play the game mode properly.....

>

> I thought getting screwed out of rank 1 was annoying. Especially once I found out that titles were being removed in the next season.

>

> However, I didn't quit because of that. I am busy irl and there wasn't any reason to play for PvP potions this season. If titles come back and duo stays, I will que next season. If it's solo, I'll probably stay away from GW2 until I can play with friends again.

If they keep going back and forth with removing duoq then it's going to really irk the playerbase, myself included. They just brought it back, it either stays or they do a dramatic change to everything (like bring back both Solo and team q and allow full teams to queue again).

> Clear a few things up:

>

> 1. Who wintrades? Wintrading is mostly connected to streaming and it always has been. I'm not saying "all of them do it", but the ones who do are doing it out of a motive to keep their stream as popular as it can be. I won't mention any names specifically but there are at least 3 specific streamers this season, whom every time they are in a match against me, I mysteriously get a DC on my team. At least they are being courteous enough to douse my point loss eh?

> 2. The wintrading never went away during S13 after titles being removed. It was always still present so don't fool yourselves out of a desperate hope to want to believe the game mode was shaping up because it wasn't.

> 3. 5 man ques does not "help wintrading". What it is does is allow players the option to block wintraders from joining their team. It's the only firewall option left outside of a ban phase that would tear the remaining population asunder.

> > @"Allarius.5670" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > Clear a few things up:

> > >

> > > 1. Who wintrades? Wintrading is mostly connected to streaming and it always has been. I'm not saying "all of them do it", but the ones who do are doing it out of a motive to keep their stream as popular as it can be. I won't mention any names specifically but there are at least 3 specific streamers this season, whom every time they are in a match against me, I mysteriously get a DC on my team. At least they are being courteous enough to douse my point loss eh?

> >

> > What is the reasoning for this? To create the impression of high performance during play when actually stomping 4v5, to maintain higher position for advertising the stream, a combination, or something else? Is this a reasoned assumption based on experience, or do you have additional information from streamers or afkers? I'm just curious and trying to understand.

> >

> >

>

> First of all, I did actually speak to a special person about this whom shall remain nameless. Here is why they do it:

>

> 1. People start streaming and/or making youtube videos for fun.

> 2. Some of them get serious about it and start playing for hits/subscriptions/donations.

> 3. Hits/subscriptions/donations are how they make money, or also in some cases, the ones who are actually sponsored by companies. Some of them make flat wage while streaming, like an actual job.

> 4. People like to watch winners and very competitive players when it comes to streaming pvp. Furthermore, any videos made to explain something or give advice, is also something that people want to see coming from very competitive players.

> 5. If you're not in the top 10 while streaming matches and/or making additional videos giving advice but other streamers are, you don't get as much attention, in some situations you don't get attention at all.

> 6. It's a rat race were the motivation isn't about "looking cool on the leaderboards" well to most it isn't about that. To most of the ones wintrading it is about making money.

> 7. Anytime REAL USD is involved in anything, people start doing messed up things to capitalize. Just the way it is.

THIS! If I could make every player read this and let it soak in, I would.

> > @"Allarius.5670" said:

> > > @"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:

> > > Clear a few things up:

> > >

> > > 1. Who wintrades? Wintrading is mostly connected to streaming and it always has been. I'm not saying "all of them do it", but the ones who do are doing it out of a motive to keep their stream as popular as it can be. I won't mention any names specifically but there are at least 3 specific streamers this season, whom every time they are in a match against me, I mysteriously get a DC on my team. At least they are being courteous enough to douse my point loss eh?

> >

> > What is the reasoning for this? To create the impression of high performance during play when actually stomping 4v5, to maintain higher position for advertising the stream, a combination, or something else? Is this a reasoned assumption based on experience, or do you have additional information from streamers or afkers? I'm just curious and trying to understand.

> >

> >

>

> First of all, I did actually speak to a special person about this whom shall remain nameless. Here is why they do it:

>

> 1. People start streaming and/or making youtube videos for fun.

> 2. Some of them get serious about it and start playing for hits/subscriptions/donations.

> 3. Hits/subscriptions/donations are how they make money, or also in some cases, the ones who are actually sponsored by companies. Some of them make flat wage while streaming, like an actual job.

> 4. People like to watch winners and very competitive players when it comes to streaming pvp. Furthermore, any videos made to explain something or give advice, is also something that people want to see coming from very competitive players.

> 5. If you're not in the top 10 while streaming matches and/or making additional videos giving advice but other streamers are, you don't get as much attention, in some situations you don't get attention at all.

> 6. It's a rat race were the motivation isn't about "looking cool on the leaderboards" well to most it isn't about that. To most of the ones wintrading it is about making money.

> 7. Anytime REAL USD is involved in anything, people start doing messed up things to capitalize. Just the way it is.

That was incredibly insightful, thank you for taking the time to spell it out clearly.

> @"bluri.2653" said:

> > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

What are they going to do? PERMA DISHONOR? lmao Idk why you'd think they're going to do that, with their track record of handling dishonest garbage, ToS being broken with the Monthly AT scandals, and much more crapola that's happened over the seasons since S1. 5 player queue team syncing to just boost up your teams win rating with fixed matches lel.

> @"Eddbopkins.2630" said:

> A ban of an account will only hurt anet in the long run with diminished logins and the like. They will never get serious and ban the people that deserve it.

I've always been a fan of stripping them of titles and rewards and posting a "Win Trader Hall of Shame" leaderboard, as opposed to banning. Take away their candy after they spent the last 3 months win trading for it, put them on display for all their "glorious" exploits and let the community do the rest. Can't really be a top 10 streamer, if you're top 10 Hall of Shamer.

> @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > "Win trade"

> > > > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > > >

> > > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > > >

> > > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > > >

> > > > 5 man queue instead :)

> > >

> > > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> >

> > How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

>

> Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome

Then anet can drop the ban hammer... rest of the game shouldnt have to miss out because of a few special snowflakes.

> @"Rizigmar.2681" said:

> > @"bluri.2653" said:

> > > > > > @"Troll.7854" said:

> > > > > > > @"mrauls.6519" said:

> > > > > > > > @"breno.5423" said:

> > > > > > > > "Win trade"

> > > > > > > > Dude, who actually do this? 0,1% of players?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Solution is anet to supervise and punish players, not to remove game features because of them.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It doesn't matter if only 2 players do it. 1 player can throw a game so their friend on the other team wins - sending 4 people's MMR on a downward spiral straight to hell. I've seen it happen to friends who were unlucky enough to end up in the same match as the win traders.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ANet so far hasn't done that solution. It doesn't even look like they will. Thus... duo queue and titles cannot coexist in the same season. Period!

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 5 man queue instead :)

> > > > >

> > > > > Woo! That would be one hot winter. The avengers of win trading would appear

> > > >

> > > > How do u wintrade when there's 5 player Q on ur team and 5 player Q on enemy team. :THONKING:

> > >

> > > Hey Troll, I'll help you out. One 5 q is the winning team, the other 5 q is the losing team. Sync queues. Easy. You're welcome

> >

> > You pointing out as if wintrading would be easier in 5 man, it isn't. The reason is it's much more obvious and easier for anet to ban since that's what you want. It's so much harder to find out wintraders when it's soloq/duo q FYI.

>

> What are they going to do? PERMA DISHONOR? lmao Idk why you'd think they're going to do that, with their track record of handling dishonest garbage, ToS being broken with the Monthly AT scandals, and much more crapola that's happened over the seasons since S1. 5 player queue team syncing to just boost up your teams win rating with fixed matches lel.

Dont need to permadishonor, the last couple of seasons they simply remove them from leaderboard and dishonor for 3months. Thats more than enough, the problem is they just started doing it and they need to continue to do so. Wow for example banned u only for 72h and removed ur rank.