Extra Gemstore Costume Consumables

What do I do with the gem store costume consumable items, that I have from like, way back before the items became consumables unlocked on your entire account? Like, I have a bunch of them from way back, that are just kinda sitting there, because the items are account bound, and I've already unlocked the items. I don't just want to trash them, since it would kind of feel like a waste.

![](https://i.imgur.com/HUXvB8G.png "")

Picture is here just to show exactly the items I'm refering to~

This is a situation where I think it would be nice to be able to gift some account-bound things. I love outfits and splurge on them, but there are players who just don't have the gems or gold or real world money. One idea -- could players put them in their guild bank, and then a guildmate could pick one, ANet? Again, I am not asking for free stuff for myself, but something like this could really brighten someone's day.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I'm not sure the CS Team would do anything. I have multiples of Outfits because when the change came, any character that had the Costume Town Clothes in the Town Clothes slot could exchange them for an Outfit. I've multiples of several different Outfit bundles and Tonics. It's not like I ever purchased more than one.

In this case, it looks like the OP has duplicates of things that didn't get a tonic option. Was it possible to get duplicate Mad King outfit consumables without a gem shop purchase?

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > I'm not sure the CS Team would do anything. I have multiples of Outfits because when the change came, any character that had the Costume Town Clothes in the Town Clothes slot could exchange them for an Outfit. I've multiples of several different Outfit bundles and Tonics. It's not like I ever purchased more than one.

>

> In this case, it looks like the OP has duplicates of things that didn't get a tonic option. Was it possible to get duplicate Mad King outfit consumables without a gem shop purchase?

If I remember correctly there was a way. There were several town clothes which came in full sets - for example I bought the pirate costume which was 3 separate pieces - boots, clothing and hat - because some people bought them and then deleted the pieces they didn't want Anet set it up so each piece turned into an outfit consumable. So because I kept all of them I ended up with 3 Pirate Outfits and used 1 and deleted 2.

But some people also bought multiple copies of some town clothes, including the sets, because it was the only way to wear them on multiple characters without constantly passing them through the bank.

I'm not sure what they'll say but I think it could be worth contacting Support. When town clothes were first converted to outfits they offered a refund to anyone who had bought any of them (except maybe the ones which became armour), even if you only had one and it became an outfit instead of a tonic you could get it refunded (which is good because the pirate costume as a one-piece is useless to me). I think there was a time limit on that offer but they might still be willing to refund them if you bought more than one and weren't playing when they were converted.