Open world reaper tank

James.1065

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQNBhOD7kGRo6GsbTw2Gg9GsQNYxdwRYLcalVBmASBgBQKD-jBiDABepE0hLCAAPBgj3fAENMQp8DOdDMq+TAgDAue+5nf+5nf+5nf+SBYxMN-e

This is the build I am using on my main in Open world (I don't do much PvP). It's a super tanky power build with plenty of life force and health regen, but you can still hit like an express train!

The idea is that the build and gear increases your base line power to the max using sigils to garuntee crits so that you do not rely on procs which allows you to not sacrifice any tanking attributes and still have sharp teeth.

The strategy is to fight your enemy face to face using your Great sword, "rise!" and "Spec Armour" to mitigate damage, while gaining LF and Health. Using "rise!" Also makes it possoble to outnumber your enemies, giving you faster kills that generate even more LF and grant health via the sigils. This allows you to snowball any fight while you soloing. When entering fights with large groups of enemies or you need to gain extra health Pop your "locus swam" and "blood is power" before entering shroud for burst damage health and life force regen. You also have a ranged option to kite and heal up using your "sigil of blood" with axe and warhorn when soloing bosses in an oh kitten moment.

This is a true Hybrid build fusing minion master, power and vampism into one truly well balanced build that's fun to play! The passive health regen alone from my blood sigil passive; "soul eater" with my GS equipped and my flesh golems life siphon feels god like.

The build you suggested is far to fragile to be an open world tank, without extra toughness and vitality open world champs will eat you for breakfast.

This build is designed to be as safe to play as a MM but while actively fighting your foes toe to toe - not hiding behind a wall of minions. For sure there are harder hitting builds out there but they sacrifice their tankiness to do so, that's not the point of this build. Besides that, with this build I get 10k dps super easily and more sustained. It's cause the build is based on pure power and not procs. I have 2.8k standard power, and when double poping blood is power I have over 3k power with 80% up time. Add to that my sigils that garuntee me 3 crits every 9 seconds(swapping in and out shroud counts as wepon change, and I do this every cool down), you will be super surprised how hard it hits for a tank.

But your build has no ferocity. Even if you have 3 guaranteed crits they just do no damage.

Spite + Soul Reaping + good runes and force sigil let you deal 40% more damage just from modifiers. 68% vs foes below 50% health.

Multiply that with ferocity bonus and 100% critchance and it goes up to 350-400% higher damage you could do.

You dont need blood is power with Spite + Soul reaping either because you get to 25 with just attacking. Might also grants you 250 more power at full stacks.

No need for intelligence sigil when you play with the critchance vs vuln trait. Constant 100% critchance even without fury and your shroud aa stacks vuln with soul reaping aswell.

Power reaper is probably the strongest open world build right now. 38k hp with shroud in full berserker. You need other players to kill stuff for you with your tank build.

High toughness doesn't help you at all when you need 4 times as long to kill champions. Probably even longer because of no vuln and way lower might.

You don't have to tank stuff in open world if you just kill everything in seconds.

There is no way your build could achieve 10k dps. Seeing 10k hits doesn't equal 10k dps. The standard Spite + Soul reaping build sits at like 16k sustained solo and it has way better self buffing capabilities. Your build deals like 4k solo maximum. Probably lower.

Like someone above already said, use valkyrie if you want to be tanky but don't tank your critchance too much.

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> But your build has no ferocity. Even if you have 3 guaranteed crits they just do no damage.

> Spite + Soul Reaping + good runes and force sigil let you deal 40% more damage just from modifiers. 68% vs foes below 50% health.

> Multiply that with ferocity bonus and 100% critchance and it goes up to 350-400% higher damage you could do.

>

> You dont need blood is power with Spite + Soul reaping either because you get to 25 with just attacking. Might also grants you 250 more power at full stacks.

> No need for intelligence sigil when you play with the critchance vs vuln trait. Constant 100% critchance even without fury and your shroud aa stacks vuln with soul reaping aswell.

>

> Power reaper is probably the strongest open world build right now. 38k hp with shroud in full berserker. You need other players to kill stuff for you with your tank build.

> High toughness doesn't help you at all when you need 4 times as long to kill champions. Probably even longer because of no vuln and way lower might.

>

> You don't have to tank stuff in open world if you just kill everything in seconds.

>

> There is no way your build could achieve 10k dps. Seeing 10k hits doesn't equal 10k dps. The standard Spite + Soul reaping build sits at like 16k sustained solo and it has way better self buffing capabilities. Your build deals like 4k solo maximum. Probably lower.

> Like someone above already said, use valkyrie if you want to be tanky but don't tank your critchance too much.

I am talking about a tank and your entire comment is about face-roll damage. Sorry but if that's what you were expecting when you read tank in the heading you set yourself up for disappointment!

This is a cast iron shotgun with 60k hp in shroud plus damage mitigation and pretty sharp teeth, not a glass cannon.

Besides that I can see you are tunnel visioned with a mentality of the only way to win is hit them harder so stack might stack crit stack fury more more more.... get 100% crit with 400% dps modifier. This is not a tank to me and not my play style or other tanks. This is clear from your lack of understanding by saying drop blood is power when it is a fundamental part of the build - it adds burst damage and triggers lesser sigil of blood which gives me 2 active heals on command plus dps.

As I mentioned above there are harder hitting builds this is a sustain build that garuntees duribillity high survivability and more then enough dps to solo everything in Open world

> @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> You don't have to tank stuff in open world if you just kill everything in seconds.

Tanking is open world usually means beeing able to solo champions, wether or not it holds true. Toughness with good regen might effectively helps to outlive your foe. It will takes time to kill something, but you should win in the end.

I'm not sure you could kill most champions without pet and with a berserker/valk build. You might do crazy damage, you won't kill fast enough to survive. And even if you do, I'm pretty sure it would be a close fight.

Beside champs, I agree that an offensive build is 10 times better. However, some players want to play relax without fearing for death, and OP build seems good for that purpose.

> @"James.1065" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > But your build has no ferocity. Even if you have 3 guaranteed crits they just do no damage.

> > Spite + Soul Reaping + good runes and force sigil let you deal 40% more damage just from modifiers. 68% vs foes below 50% health.

> > Multiply that with ferocity bonus and 100% critchance and it goes up to 350-400% higher damage you could do.

> >

> > You dont need blood is power with Spite + Soul reaping either because you get to 25 with just attacking. Might also grants you 250 more power at full stacks.

> > No need for intelligence sigil when you play with the critchance vs vuln trait. Constant 100% critchance even without fury and your shroud aa stacks vuln with soul reaping aswell.

> >

> > Power reaper is probably the strongest open world build right now. 38k hp with shroud in full berserker. You need other players to kill stuff for you with your tank build.

> > High toughness doesn't help you at all when you need 4 times as long to kill champions. Probably even longer because of no vuln and way lower might.

> >

> > You don't have to tank stuff in open world if you just kill everything in seconds.

> >

> > There is no way your build could achieve 10k dps. Seeing 10k hits doesn't equal 10k dps. The standard Spite + Soul reaping build sits at like 16k sustained solo and it has way better self buffing capabilities. Your build deals like 4k solo maximum. Probably lower.

> > Like someone above already said, use valkyrie if you want to be tanky but don't tank your critchance too much.

>

> I am talking about a tank and your entire comment is about face-roll damage. Sorry but if that's what you were expecting when you read tank in the heading you set yourself up for disappointment!

>

> This is a cast iron shotgun with 60k hp in shroud plus damage mitigation and pretty sharp teeth, not a glass cannon.

>

> Besides that I can see you are tunnel visioned with a mentality of the only way to win is hit them harder so stack might stack crit stack fury more more more.... get 100% crit with 400% dps modifier. This is not a tank to me and not my play style or other tanks. This is clear from your lack of understanding by saying drop blood is power when it is a fundamental part of the build - it adds burst damage and triggers lesser sigil of blood which gives me 2 active heals on command plus dps.

>

> As I mentioned above there are harder hitting builds this is a sustain build that garuntees duribillity high survivability and more then enough dps to solo everything in Open world

>

>

Show me how you solo the HoT Skill challenges with that build before the timer expires. Pretty easy with a valk reaper. What i was saying was that you sacrifice all of your damage for 8k more hp and a bit toughness. You would already have like 25k hp with some Valk pieces.

This is a build a lot of people ran when the game came out and had no clue. Running full soldier in open world pve is just bad. It doesn't have sharp teeth, that was my point. Toughness + vit are never good for sustain. You have a pretty big healthpool with 30k hp but how do you want to fill that?

All your sustain are 200 ticks when wielding a gs and some lifesteal ticks. Compare that to the 2k+ health per second a condi support firebrand can have while also dealing at least double your damage

> @"Aigleborgne.2981" said:

> > @"Nephalem.8921" said:

> > You don't have to tank stuff in open world if you just kill everything in seconds.

>

> Tanking is open world usually means beeing able to solo champions, wether or not it holds true. Toughness with good regen might effectively helps to outlive your foe. It will takes time to kill something, but you should win in the end.

> I'm not sure you could kill most champions without pet and with a berserker/valk build. You might do crazy damage, you won't kill fast enough to survive. And even if you do, I'm pretty sure it would be a close fight.

>

> Beside champs, I agree that an offensive build is 10 times better. However, some players want to play relax without fearing for death, and OP build seems good for that purpose.

>

Most of the champs are soloable with full glass. Face tanking just doesn't work on most of them. Try to facetank balthasar's priest in auric basin for example.

They sometimes hit for 10k+. Even with so much toughness you might be able to tank like 10 of them but what then? How do you refill your 30k hp lifebar with just 300hps lifesteal ticks. Would take minutes.

Builds like this one are the reason why meta events still fail on weekends.

It doesn't look like blood magic is doing a whole lot for you here. I'd swap it for soul reaping to get a ton of extra life force and the protection. and a ton of extra damage.

I also really like spite for tanky builds. Signets of Suffering makes signet of vampirism's passive heal procs work in shroud, and also lets it come off cooldown really fast so you can cast it a lot. and since it works in shroud even when on cooldown, you can basically cast it on cooldown and still get both benefits. You get a lot of healing out of it that way. The other traits in the line also lets you run around with 25 might for even more damage. Worth trying imo.

Blood magic really shines vs multiple targets with life stealing wells. You would also have a higher protection uptime compared to your spectral armor choice.

Its just not worth it to pick blood magic just for the passive life steal.

Soul Reaping gives you vitality for free on top of a way harder hitting shroud