[BUG] “1500” Range doesn’t Equal 1500 Range

> @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

>

> If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

>

> That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

>

> If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

>

> That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> >

> > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> >

> > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

>

> > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> >

> > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> >

> > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

>

> Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

>

> Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > >

> > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > >

> > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> >

> > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > >

> > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > >

> > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> >

> > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> >

> > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

>

> You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> @"Halcyon.7352" said:

>

>

You know, it's quite easy to make an arching projectile that travels exactly 1500 units. You just remember where the projectile originated from and delete it if

(x-x_origin)²+(y-y_origin)²+(z-z_origin)²>=1500².

This check prevents the projectile from leaving a 1500 sphere around its point of origin. It can still track targets within the sphere. It can arc almost as much as it wants. If you want to make insanely arcing projectiles and are afraid they could leave the range sphere through its roof, use a cylindrical check instead:

(x-x_origin)²+(y-y_origin)²>=1500²

With this check projectiles could arc to the moon and back without leading to an out of range error when they shouldn't.

Neither arcing projectiles, nor calculations being complicated are a valid excuse for this bug.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > >

> > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > >

> > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > >

> > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > >

> > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > >

> > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > >

> > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > >

> > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> >

> > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

>

> That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

>

Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > >

> > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > >

> > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > >

> > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > >

> > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > >

> > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > >

> > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > >

> > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> >

> > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> >

>

> Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > >

> > > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > > >

> > > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > > >

> > > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> > >

> > > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> > >

> >

> > Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> > Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

>

> It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

>

> Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

>

>

Soruce its been in game since release dont you think they would have atleast put it on the known issue tracker sometime from then to now if it was a bug intended get fixed?

What videos, what testings were is this proof?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> > > >

> > > > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> > > Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

> >

> > It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

> >

> > Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

> >

> >

>

> Soruce its been in game since release dont you think they would have atleast put it on the known issue tracker sometime from then to now if it was a bug intended get fixed?

> What videos, what testings were is this proof?

That’s not a Source stating that it is intended behavior..... so you have absolutely zero grounds for saying it is intended.

Maybe some people should read up above on some of the older comments and will see the video, it’s not like the video has been here for more than a year or somethin, but I realize that’s a little much to expect from some people.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> > > > >

> > > > > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> > > > Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

> > >

> > > It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

> > >

> > > Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Soruce its been in game since release dont you think they would have atleast put it on the known issue tracker sometime from then to now if it was a bug intended get fixed?

> > What videos, what testings were is this proof?

>

> That’s not a Source stating that it is intended behavior..... so you have absolutely zero grounds for saying it is intended.

>

> Maybe some people should read up above on some of the older comments and will see the video, it’s not like the video has been here for more than a year or somethin, but I realize that’s a little much to expect from some people.

And your source its a bug, other then your feelings?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> > > > > Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

> > > >

> > > > It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

> > > >

> > > > Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Soruce its been in game since release dont you think they would have atleast put it on the known issue tracker sometime from then to now if it was a bug intended get fixed?

> > > What videos, what testings were is this proof?

> >

> > That’s not a Source stating that it is intended behavior..... so you have absolutely zero grounds for saying it is intended.

> >

> > Maybe some people should read up above on some of the older comments and will see the video, it’s not like the video has been here for more than a year or somethin, but I realize that’s a little much to expect from some people.

>

> And your source its a bug, other then your feelings?

Oh this is too easy, let’s see we have skills that state their max range is “1200 or 1500” respectively that are hitting for much further than their stated Maximum Range, this is proven by comparing other skills with stated maximum range of both 1200 and 1500 respectively. Idk what world you are from but if two numbers say that the Maximums are the same then both skills would both hit at the exact same distance, let’s not forget “1200” range skills hitting from further away than 1500 range skills, again from my world 1500 is a greater number than 1200 so therefore a greater distance, but here we are.

So please provide the statement from a Dev stating that that is intended behavior, I will wait but I already know how this will go. Let’s not forget about the above misinformation of elevations causing the range discrepancy someone said above, this points even further that certain people don’t know the mechanics.

I wonder why some people are so scared of a Dev coming in and stating if it’s intended behavior or not? Could they be afraid that if a Dev chimes in that their main would be brought in line and fixed if it’s not intended behavior? Hmm ? because I’m just asking for a Dev to come in and say definitively if it is intended behavior or not, nothing more nothing less.

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> > > > > > Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

> > > > >

> > > > > It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Soruce its been in game since release dont you think they would have atleast put it on the known issue tracker sometime from then to now if it was a bug intended get fixed?

> > > > What videos, what testings were is this proof?

> > >

> > > That’s not a Source stating that it is intended behavior..... so you have absolutely zero grounds for saying it is intended.

> > >

> > > Maybe some people should read up above on some of the older comments and will see the video, it’s not like the video has been here for more than a year or somethin, but I realize that’s a little much to expect from some people.

> >

> > And your source its a bug, other then your feelings?

>

> Oh this is too easy, let’s see we have skills that state their max range is “1200 or 1500” respectively that are hitting for much further than their stated Maximum Range, this is proven by comparing other skills with stated maximum range of both 1200 and 1500 respectively. Idk what world you are from but if two numbers say that the Maximums are the same then both skills would both hit at the exact same distance, let’s not forget “1200” range skills hitting from further away than 1500 range skills, again from my world 1500 is a greater number than 1200 so therefore a greater distance, but here we are.

>

> So please provide the statement from a Dev stating that that is intended behavior, I will wait but I already know how this will go. Let’s not forget about the above misinformation of elevations causing the range discrepancy someone said above, this points even further that certain people don’t know the mechanics.

>

>

> I wonder why some people are so scared of a Dev coming in and stating if it’s intended behavior or not? Could they be afraid that if a Dev chimes in that their main would be brought in line and fixed if it’s not intended behavior? Hmm ? because I’m just asking for a Dev to come in and say definitively if it is intended behavior or not, nothing more nothing less.

And if its the intended behavior they dont see the point going in to a thread just to post -Yes its intended.

Becouse doing so will get everyone posting about stuff demanding the get a reply from a dev to everything they ask and all they will ever do is go into threads answering questions.

Just out of curiosity have your tried a support ticket?

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Halcyon.7352" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Yeah? provide the source stating that. I will wait.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Otherwise you are just speculating nothing more nothing less, because Anet has “never” left unintended behavior in the game for a long time.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You can see this easy by drawing a line from a to b measure it now do the same lenght and bend the line will the bent line reach as far as your straight one?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That doesn’t mean anything in regards to this being intended or not, nothing more than speculation and reaching at this point, please provide the official source stating this is intended behavior.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Its intended to hit at 1500 range if you bend a 1500 range line its no longer a hit things1500 away in range, so it have to reach further to hit 1500 range.

> > > > > > > Witch in turn make it hit further if your higher up than your target.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It doesn’t matter what elevation the person with the Bow is at.... they can be the same elevation, lower elevation or higher elevation it all hits at the exact same range... this has been showcased extensively on video. Again elevation doesn’t factor in to this at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please provide your source that states that what you say is intended behavior, if you can’t then all you have is incorrect speculation since we already know elevation doesn’t factor in at all from testing that was recorded.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Soruce its been in game since release dont you think they would have atleast put it on the known issue tracker sometime from then to now if it was a bug intended get fixed?

> > > > > What videos, what testings were is this proof?

> > > >

> > > > That’s not a Source stating that it is intended behavior..... so you have absolutely zero grounds for saying it is intended.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe some people should read up above on some of the older comments and will see the video, it’s not like the video has been here for more than a year or somethin, but I realize that’s a little much to expect from some people.

> > >

> > > And your source its a bug, other then your feelings?

> >

> > Oh this is too easy, let’s see we have skills that state their max range is “1200 or 1500” respectively that are hitting for much further than their stated Maximum Range, this is proven by comparing other skills with stated maximum range of both 1200 and 1500 respectively. Idk what world you are from but if two numbers say that the Maximums are the same then both skills would both hit at the exact same distance, let’s not forget “1200” range skills hitting from further away than 1500 range skills, again from my world 1500 is a greater number than 1200 so therefore a greater distance, but here we are.

> >

> > So please provide the statement from a Dev stating that that is intended behavior, I will wait but I already know how this will go. Let’s not forget about the above misinformation of elevations causing the range discrepancy someone said above, this points even further that certain people don’t know the mechanics.

> >

> >

> > I wonder why some people are so scared of a Dev coming in and stating if it’s intended behavior or not? Could they be afraid that if a Dev chimes in that their main would be brought in line and fixed if it’s not intended behavior? Hmm ? because I’m just asking for a Dev to come in and say definitively if it is intended behavior or not, nothing more nothing less.

>

> And if its the intended behavior they dont see the point going in to a thread just to post -Yes its intended.

> Becouse doing so will get everyone posting about stuff demanding the get a reply from a dev to everything they ask and all they will ever do is go into threads answering questions.

> Just out of curiosity have your tried a support ticket?

One big flaw with your reasoning here, Anet has on so very many occasions stated what is and isn’t intended behavior when asked by players, there is nothing different in this case. Because on the surface with absolutely zero word from the Devs this is a large discrepancy on ranges being a bug, because again we have “1200” range skills hitting further than 1500 range.

I have submitted multiple tickets on this again zero response, one way or the

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> So multiple support tickets, a thread up on forum for 1½ years with zero responses maybe its not a bug?

Again you have nothing to say that, since if it isn’t a big how hard is to reply? Since with nothing from the Devs we have something show a large bug regarding ranges, especially when we have skills supposedly max range of “1200” hitting further than 1500 range.

Again the Devs seem to be avoiding this like the plague.

And why are certain people so adamant on not having the Devs state yes or no if it’s intended? Are they afraid of it not being intended and having a bug causing an advantage from being removed? Getting a yes or no would put this discussion to rest for once and for all.

All you have currently is pure speculation with nothing besides misinformation as noted above and personal bias. Let’s remove all of that with an actual Dev statement, since They give statements out all the time on what’s intended or not.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" could you ask around for us? And end this discussion once and for all? I know it’s not your job but it seems on the surface that there is a bug with range discrepancies.