How long ago was the resplendent avian last in the gem store?

Galleon.7491

> @"Galleon.7491" said:

> I've fallen in love with this skin and was just wondering how long it might be till I am able to get my hands on it

If you are unable to log into the game often to see what is up for sale, and as items are often only on sale for 24 hours, you can keep watch on @"Astral Projections.7320"'s wonderfully-maintained "[[News] Gemstore items: new/returned/sales](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales#latest "[News] Gemstore items: new/returned/sales")" sticky thread here in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion sub-forum to see if it comes up for sale again. The thread is maintained every day by them and also by others that post to help Astral out with keeping up on all things Gem Store.

Another way is to go to [gw2timer.com](https://gw2timer.com/?page=Account&section=Gem "gw2timer.com") and then search for "Resplendent" at the top and then hit the bell alert on the mount skin item icon so you receive an alert on that site when it goes up for sale again.

> @"StinVec.3621" said:

> > @"Galleon.7491" said:

> > I've fallen in love with this skin and was just wondering how long it might be till I am able to get my hands on it

>

> If you are unable to log into the game often to see what is up for sale, and as items are often only on sale for 24 hours, you can keep watch on @"Astral Projections.7320"'s wonderfully-maintained "[[News] Gemstore items: new/returned/sales](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/458/news-gemstore-items-new-returned-sales#latest "[News] Gemstore items: new/returned/sales")" sticky thread here in the Guild Wars 2 Discussion sub-forum to see if it comes up for sale again. The thread is maintained every day by them and also by others that post to help Astral out with keeping up on all things Gem Store.

That thread is a great source and worth checking daily (or once a week at least, if you're waiting for an item -- most sales last long enough that a week is ok, but some do not).

>

> Another way is to go to [gw2timer.com](https://gw2timer.com/?page=Account&section=Gem "gw2timer.com") and then search for "Resplendent" at the top and then hit the bell alert on the mount skin item icon so you receive an alert on that site when it goes up for sale again.

Small caveat: like @"Astral Projections.7320"'s thread above, the GW2Timer site is maintained by one person. They have to manually update the listing, which might happen some time after the gem shop updates. This only matters if the sale lasts less than 24 hours.

Fortunately, both resources are nearly always updated within an hour of changes; most people won't even notice any delay.

Another tip for items which are only up for a limited time: remember that when it says "x days left" it may not match the time of day you're normally online.

For example on Wednesday evening when I logged in the Armadillo mount said it had 2 days left. When I logged in on Thursday evening it said 20 hours left, meaning that was my last chance to get it because it would be removed about 3 hours before I got home on Friday. The note on Wednesday wasn't wrong, it just wasn't very precise enough - I was seeing it shortly before the 'day' ended so '2 days left' really meant 'a day and a bit' for me.

Normally this isn't an issue - the armadillo had been up for over a week so there had been plenty of time to get it. But it's more than I'd normally spend on a mount, with both gold and real money (or a mix of both, which is what I ended up using), and I knew there's always lots of new stuff added during festivals, so I decided I'd only get it if nothing else I wanted came out by the time it was leaving and so waited until the last day to decide.