I thought I was done with MMOs

zbox.8503

It is kind of a pointless subject, but I felt the urge to just put my satisfaction in words for a public setting such as these forums. I really am impressed with gw2, this is an amazing game, and most of you that play it are pretty cool too. I don't often voice my satisfaction for the world to see, but wow, this game.. it is great! Thanks arenanet, and thanks to all of you players who seem to have a lot of patience with us new players.

I'm just happy that I have found an MMO I can really sink my teeth in, for the past few years I have been looking for a new MMO, and there are a lot of great ones out there that appeal to a variety of people, they just did not do it for me. GW2 has hit my sweet spot though.

Welcome to Tyria! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

I was pretty much the same. For me it was the time commitment; I stopped playing Ultima Online because I couldn't be online enough to play with people regularly, and couldn't justify paying a subscription when I never knew at the start of the month if I'd have time to play or if I'd be throwing the money away. I thought I was done with MMOs until I discovered Guild Wars (1, then 2). My life still isn't any more predictable but I feel like that doesn't stop me playing this game, which is great.

I think the community is pretty great too. I've tried other MMOs on and off and play another extremely casually, and people in GW2 seem much more welcoming and less strict about people meeting their requirements. Sure there are elitists and impatient people but it seems to be rarer and less expected. There's also some really nice moment with people helping total strangers. Yesterday I was doing Vexa's Lab for the daily achievement, there's one part where you can easily go the wrong way and get yourself killed and there were several people waiting there to resurrect anyone who died, for no reason except to help. That's something I've very rarely seen in other games, but in GW2 it's fairly normal.