How to get started?

Venom.4538

hey guys, i'm just getting back into the game after years of not playing, i just got the expansions and don't know how to start if i use the level 80 boost?

i got the came shortly after came out and i played a bit, i have a warrior at like level ~25 so i'm not that experienced and i forgot most of the stuff

One option is to start a new character at level 1 and just go through and relearn the game. Play the Personal Story and then move on to Season 2, HoT, Season 3, PoF and Season 4. Once you reach level 80, a quick detour of doing just the first mission in HoT and PoF will get you a glider and your first mount respectively.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Dont delete any of your old characters tho they got character bound birthday gifts.

i deleted one since all 5 character slots were in use, i thought you get a free character slot when you buy an expansion?

how do i check for birthday gifts? i have 4 other old characters

Best advice is to leave the L80 Boost, or at least don't confirm, until after you are more familiar with the base game. Finish leveling up one or more of your existing characters by exploration, enjoying Festivals, Stories, etc. and consult the Wiki (link above) for questions about items, mechanics, etc.

Welcome return, and good luck.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Best advice is to leave the L80 Boost, or at least don't confirm, until after you are more familiar with the base game. Finish leveling up one or more of your existing characters by exploration, enjoying Festivals, Stories, etc. and consult the Wiki (link above) for questions about items, mechanics, etc.

>

> Welcome return, and good luck.

yep, started fresh leveling a new character, i'll use the boosts once i'm comfortable enough with the game.

ty

You can try the boost for as long as you wish afaik. Once you click on it, your character will be moved to the Silverwastes, you'll receive a full exotic gear and can try it. When you are bored, you can end the trial and the boost will be still available. You'll keep all the items that you farmed in Silverwastes, but not the exotic gear ofc. You'll have several warning messages, asking for the confirmation to use the boost, so use it if you want to try a class at lv80. You won't be able to leave Silverwastes though.

But if you're not in a rush and want to enjoy the game, you did the right thing to create a new character.

(if you're wondering when you'll get the mounts, after seeing other players around you... that's by completing the PoF story)