Anyone Else Feels Like....

zoopop.5630

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> These Passive Game Plays Like Endure Pain, Elixir S, and Etc. Kinda Kills the game a bit? Feel Like the game Play would Go a lot more smoother and Possible have other classes become more "meta" then they are now.

>

>

> Wonder If this would ever change....

Many players feel like that but ANET didnt feel anything for 6 years

I have been saying this for years and nothing has changed. If anything, the game got MORE passive. Here's the current issue we are stuck in:

If they removed all passives right now, we would see the worst one shot meta in the existence of the game. Damage would be through the roof and everyone would probably quit due to how OP certain classes would become as a result (Core Guard, Power mirage, Thief could make a bit of a comeback outside of the 1 shot DE gimmick that would plague the game, 1 shot sb, etc.).

On the other hand, if they nerf damage first in preparation we will have another even worse bunker meta (the sad thing is that they won't even necessarily be bunker builds, that's just how high sustain is rn and that's not good).

Anet has landed themselves in a situation where the only way to get out of this situation without losing the entirety of the pvp playerbase in the process is to do one big patch with all of that involved but that's incredibly risky as it's a lot of work and leaves room for lots of oversight, over- correction, etc.

Passives and honestly bad profession design carry way too much in the current state of the game, if anet cared about making a good player experience they would've changed all of that ages ago but they've made their choice and I don't know anet as the kind of company to admit they are wrong.

> @"zoopop.5630" said:

> These Passive Game Plays Like Endure Pain, Elixir S, and Etc. Kinda Kills the game a bit?

Nah, I mean if this was a real action combat game which actually required meaningful skill to apply damage then sure those things might be out of place, but they fit in fine with this game. GW2 is just a glorified tab-targeted game that aims for you, which is by far the most passive aspect of this game.

Passive life saving abilities were never that broken. It only seems that way now because damage is so out of control. Not dying for 3 seconds is huge when you can die in the span of 10sec. When it took 30+seconds, that 3sec didn't seem as strong.

My main gripe is with traits which automatically negate CC.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > I think they should keep passives, but turn them into a sth that can turn against you if it gets triggered in the wrong moment.

> >

> > Like Elixir S while condi'd lol.

>

> Didnt they change that?

No idea tbh. Maybe they did. This was the 1st thing I thought of back in my engi/scrapper days

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > > I think they should keep passives, but turn them into a sth that can turn against you if it gets triggered in the wrong moment.

> > >

> > > Like Elixir S while condi'd lol.

> >

> > Didnt they change that?

>

> No idea tbh. Maybe they did. This was the 1st thing I thought of back in my engi/scrapper days

they made you immune to condi while in an Invulnerable state, so skills like Elixir S,Mist Form,Obsidian Flesh will make you immune to condi for the duration of the skill

> @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > I think they should keep passives, but turn them into a sth that can turn against you if it gets triggered in the wrong moment.

>

> Like Elixir S while condi'd lol.

Fyi if you are from another planet ,elixir make you completely invulnerable for any damage

> @"Mini Crinny.6190" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:

> > > > > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > > > I think they should keep passives, but turn them into a sth that can turn against you if it gets triggered in the wrong moment.

> > > >

> > > > Like Elixir S while condi'd lol.

> > >

> > > Didnt they change that?

> >

> > No idea tbh. Maybe they did. This was the 1st thing I thought of back in my engi/scrapper days

>

> they made you immune to condi while in an Invulnerable state, so skills like Elixir S,Mist Form,Obsidian Flesh will make you immune to condi for the duration of the skill

Ah....glad they fixed it. One of the reasons I left scrapper really.

> @"tinyreborn.1938" said:

> > > @"Namless.4028" said:

> > > I think they should keep passives, but turn them into a sth that can turn against you if it gets triggered in the wrong moment.

> >

> > Like Elixir S while condi'd lol.

>

> Fyi if you are from another planet ,elixir make you completely invulnerable for any damage

As I am sure you can tell, I was not aware of the change.

Also...dont discriminate against those from other planets :trollface:

Well, Anet is lazy... instead of removing passive skills (as they should) they just increased CDs. Which is kinda silly, since classes that use these skills, like eng, still do and classes that do not (cuz they have access to passive skills or their passive profs suck) still do not.

One day, Anet will get if their lazy kitten and remove them. Till then.. enjoy lame game play of passive pros..

I haven't played PvP for along time, but didn't endure pain got nerfed hard there?

Last time I check, endure pain's only purpose is to stop warrior from instantly dying to range attacks from rangers, thieves, revenants and DPS elementalist.

In mi opinion, the only profession that is allowed to have passives is the warrior for it is a melee class and its very slow on the attacks. So it makes sense to have some damage mitigation utilities. However, other classes like engineer, guardian, or ranger do not need those passives.