Solid Ocean can we get a boss fight?

phs.6089

> @"Draco.9480" said:

> and besides that you completely strawmanned the argument. what they did was great

Yes, it was so great that you already assuming that everyone with skill/knowledge will be skipping it. And that someone not skipping it must be a beginner. It speaks volumes about how you really think of that part of the fractal - it's something you'd rather avoid yourself, and you do think that everyone else will think the same.

Definitely a mark of a great design.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> Theres no obstacle to tackle when you can run past anything and not fight it.

>

> Yes, you can stealth, but stealthing and skipping everything nullifies the change so what was the point of the change? On top of that, if *a group can skip they will always skip, theres no question about not doing it, it becomes the only way to do the content*.

Basically this.

> and prevent farmers from farming so now you don't see those 40 farms anymore.

If you haven't noticed, people still farm that fractal. They just farm the trash mobs, not the boss now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They could change the beam mechanics, so it charges it up and then shoots a moving pillar of doom that arcs across the room quickly, still mostly aiming it at a specific target.

Then multiple players could get in the path of the beam and charge at once (which should speed things up), though it could also cause a wipe if you're not careful. It would also mean paying attention even when you don't have target, to guess the beam path.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > I believe in Anet's creative team! Surely they can come up with mech that is interesting and doesn't put you to sleep. :)

> Previous cases (with the possible exception of Swamp, but that one _started_ at sleep-inducing levels) do not seem to back that up.

>

> Personally i quite like jade maw, and it also has a big sentimental value to me. I'd rather it remained as it is. I definitely wouldn't want another molten boss style rework.

>

Theres like 1 maybe 2 reworks that could be said werent up to par. The rest were fine /s