A content - new mode suggestion

Neoniac.2813

I think what Guild wars 2 need in 2018 (almost 2019) is another mode like wvw .

- Rank system but this time with power differences( a guy with 1k hour is way more stronger then people who played less , stronger weapons -skills -mechanics for higher ranks )

- game encourages and flames the feels (like leaderboards - the (modename) god is online, annihilation etc)

- not mandatory for anybody inside normal game ( it will only gives an alternative mode, only to give the classical mmo lovers the feels that they wanted, crushing enemies, being number 1, no need to be big, just 1-2 map with pvp , not like the other parts of the game , it does not affect anything except itself )

- new gears for ranks( new cool weapons etc. Of course gear is "mode-only" [2k rank, weapons with flaming model - 4 k rank electric animations like bolt legendary etc]

- zerging is not encouraged like in wvw (solo rewards is way more higher, and big parties is shown in map to disencourage zerging, it might be the fix for zerging )

it may give all the wild feels a classic mmo player would need and boosts the playerbase for sure, starters gonna select a build, and can change with inmode currency etc I don't think it's harder then implementing a new map with full of unique designs, 3 layers, it only needs a straight map, no need for cliffs, nature, only the core feel of pvp, it can be very easily implemented and make beta tests about . I have more ideas of it but these were the essentials, what do u think? (not a native speaker, it's the best I can do, sry )

Weapon enhance system,instance based, special skills for area damage, can be another way to level up like pvp, newplayers should have some protected areas with some mobs or training golems, new players have some skills for escape etc really I can go more, I feel pumped up with the idea

> @"Einsof.1457" said:

> Oh God no. There's too much already to keep up with. Edit: okay I actually tried to read this... Not trying to be a jerk but this was incoherent. Use punctuation and complete sentences please.

Sry it was a random idea, I just felt very pumped up and wanna share, it's not a prepared post, also my English is not so great for writing I guess, thanks for commenting tho, I dunno if community ever thought of this and wanna learn about ur opinions about progression content

> @"TheBravery.9615" said:

> I would like to be able to pk players in open world pve if that's where you're going

oh man i can t explain what i imagined truly , it s a new mode , like wvw , have 2 pvp maps with nothing but straight lands , just for pvp , maybe some mobs in protected areas for new players . Rank system - weapon enhance system - totally external from the main game and does not affect anything except itself - just to give people power progression system what most of leavers complained before , it s not only gonna boost playerbase , but give bored people something to do without thinking so much , straigth pvp - power progression - not zerg ruled , 3 keyword explains a lot of it

> @"Neoniac.2813" said:

> - Rank system but this time with power differences( a guy with 1k hour is way more stronger then people who played less , stronger weapons -skills -mechanics for higher ranks )

You do understand that this goes against nearly everything this game, and its predecessor, stand for?

What you're suggesting really doesn't fit with the design of GW2. And I'm not convinced people who left because of a lack of vertical progression and the ability to kill other players would be interested in playing GW2 for one small, completely isolated game mode when there's other games available which focus on the stuff you're saying they want.

It sounds like buying a Legend of Zelda game for the fishing mini game, instead of buying a fishing game.

Yeah finally some comments i was looking for , dunno i thought it will suit well with game's vertical - free spirit , i had another idea for a long time which is something like an asuran lab , players can create some individual skills (ofc with schemes but more wide) and share - use them inside , pretty freakin amazing actually , ex : some different weapon kits engineer can checkout and try , can make different variations like throwing - placing - pouring + bombs - spikes - elixirs , only saves ur creations inside it (another external project ofc) , also gives anet much like a beta testing room , another ex : elementalist tries some other element variations , earth - metal - crystal , fire - chemical fire - lava - radiation , water - acid etc with some patterns that creates different moves like whipslash - wave - ball - shards etc I know this sounds like super high and crazy , if u wanna rock the gaming industry at the moment , u sure have to try some freaky things like fortnite did with in game story (rocket - cube - events ) [that ingame event thing within a battle royale was blowed my mind , why not what limits the games to try right now ]

And another thing i was waiting for a long time , why gw2 does not have pve ultimate skills , like c9 or dragon nest has , with enough restrictions , this is a fantasy world , give player an animation with a big blast using all the inner power as a last struggle , cuz i always felt like gw2 has missing that big ultimate skill , a basilisk venom for 2 hits or some weak entangling vines which can be cleared with 1 skill is not my kinda thing , some ex . a thief using backstab on max 5 mobs around with an animation like unrelenting assault but slowed and showing thieves moves as an action move , or elementalist with a big fire blast which cause her to go down but hits aoe pretty hard , or engineer going crazy jumping turning and shooting same time , leaps , puts a big bomb at the center and blows it with a shot while back jumping etc .. i can go more , this is my freakin imagination