Latency/Ping/FPS Issues [merged]

Geographical location - Texas

Game World - Jade Quarry

System Specs - Windows 10. Intel i7-7700k, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX 1070

The problem - Every now and then the game drops down from 70FPS to 8FPS and ping spikes up really high. Stays that way until I relog the game. It started at or right before the day 1 Halloween patch hit. So it started before the DDOS attacks took place. Happens everywhere in the game, out in the PVE area, Fractals, PVP, LAB.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* **Geographical Location** - Philippines

* **Game World** - Gunnar's Hold (EU)

* **The date and time (plus time zone) when the issue arose, or a smattering of sample dates/times when you've noticed the issue. If it's "ever since the [date] build, or "ever since the launch of Path of Fire," please note that**

- Been happening since 2 months ago (September), I always get this crazy latency when I hit 10.xx.xx.xx ip server maps. It's not as severe in the morning, but the lag goes crazy at GMT+8 8:00pm to GMT+8 1:00am. My normal ping is 250-350ish, but during these hours it goes up to 500-3k ping. Other online games I'm playing at the said hours have no issues whatsoever, and internet is fine. Basically everything is fine except GW2.

* **Any error message you receive (if you eventually get disconnected)**

- I get this error when it happens 42:0:9001:4402:101 (though surprisingly, it's been 2 weeks since this error pops up, but the high latency is still there)

* **If you have submitted a ticket to Customer Support, your ticket number**

- Yes I have submitted 2 tickets regarding this at different intervals. Fixes were tried but did not work. CS is saying it's on my isp's end, but my isp is not convinced. (not blaming anyone here just stating the gist of it)

- Ticket no. 6616111 and Ticket no. 6574096

* **If you've submitted to CS and have been asked to provide them with reports, such as a GameAdvisor report, please note that you have done so**

- Yes there's a GameAdvisor report both times in the tickets.

I'm providing some pictures in PingPlotter that I took at this moment for proof, [here](https://ibb.co/k6B3nb "here") and [here](https://ibb.co/jwaPtG "here") (hosted in imgbb.com since I don't know how to upload pictures here straight to this post). The first ip address I got from using the command -mapLoadinfo since you can't do a proper ping test with the 10.xx.xx.xx map ip's in the game (when you ip search it, those 10.xx are said to be private), I believe that command line shows you the real map ip that you are currently loading in (feel free to correct me on this). Both test were done with all security programs (firewall, antivirus, heck even the router firewall) **turned off** .

Also here's the forum post I made 2 months ago regarding this same issue back in the old forums: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/High-Latency-EU-Server

Geographical location - Louisiana

Game World - Devona's Rest

System Specs - Memory- Kingston HyperX Beast 16 GB Kit (2x8 GB) 2400MHz DDR3 PC3-19200 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM XMP Desktop Memory KHX24C11T3K2/16X

Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Desktop Motherboard

CPU- Intel Core i5-4670K Quad-Core Desktop Processor 3.4 GHZ 6 MB Cache - BX80646I54670K

PSU- Apevia ATX-WA1100W WARLOCK POWER 1100W Power Supply

SSD- Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SATA III 2.5-Inch 6.0 Gb/s Solid State Drive SH103S3/120G (GW2 on this drive)

Video- XFX R7 260X

Main HD- 2 Terabyte

OS- Windows 10

BIOS- F9c

Besides the annoying USB Driver crashes that I annoyingly cannot get rid of, the last week I have been experiencing and increase of ping and fps drop.

Normally I run 25-40 ping and 15-40 fps depending on location.

Currently I'm setting at 150 ping and fluctuations to 250 standing in one area, doesn't matter location and averaging 5-8 fps.

Pretty much unplayable...

Speed test results give me 50mbps down and 5mgbps up.

Geographical location - California

Game World - Jade Quarry

System Specs - Not sure but laptop is a 2 y.o gaming laptop

Ever since the latest balance patch I've been suffering from severe lag spikes every 5-10 seconds. It doesn't matter what game mode I'm in and I've tried using an Ethernet cable even though I've never had to before, with the same results happening regardless. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

Geographical location - Tennessee, US

Game World - Jade Quarry

System Specs - GeForce GTX 980Ti, Intel i7@3.3GHz

0.2 to 1.5 sec pings make the game unplayable. These happen everywhere - WvW, new PvE maps, old PvE maps, etc. I have never used the support for anything over the past 2 years until these lag spikes across the past month. All of my other online games work fine with no ping issues. I submitted network route traces with my support ticket that is still unanswered...

Not everyone is getting latency problems or DDoS attacks.

![](https://i.imgur.com/9ORacNA.jpg "")

ZeelandNet (NL) connection to Ruins of Surmia (EU) server. Pings are excellent. Average 32. I consider everything below 100 great, everything below 150 fine. No disconnects at all. I don't know where Ruins of Surmia server is located, but it is probably fairly close to my home.

On a different note: Low FPS problems have NOTHING to do with network problems like ping, rubber banding, packet loss or disconnects. FPS is purely related to how the game performs on your local computer.

> @Blackbane.7635 said:

> To those who think this issue is related to the Win 10 Fall update, I'm running Win 7 Pro (yeah, I'm still hanging on for dear life on my gaming rig LOL Win 10 soon...) and I'm experiencing the exact same issues described by others...ping spikes at random times/locations/activities. So I'm doubtful that this a "windows" issue, at least in regards to GW2.

>

> That being said, if this is a comcast thing, I wouldn't be surprised. But wonder if that and the DDOS are related or separate issues :\

>

> Guess I'll be playing some offline games instead til this gets "fixed" :p

>

> EDIT: Forgot to mention that this all started for me after the latest patch, more so in the days after Halloween. Hmm, The Mad King's last revenge before he flies off til next year? xD

I don't think people are saying the Win10 Fall update has anything to do with the ping spikes... its the FPS sudden drops to 30FPS ish... many have spoken on it now including myself.. tonight after the small patch to the game its become a permanent issue, even alt-tabbing does nowt and that with all settings turn down to min now..

OK. So I'm averaging about 10-12fps in LA. Ping, I'm averaging about 160ms+.

Now this is not a powerful laptop. It is an old first gen i7-Q740 with an nVidia gtx-445M, but I normally I get 20-28fps, a far cry from what my desktop gets, but it works in a pinch. Typically my ping is around 90-100ms.

Locale is NW Canada. If I do a trace route on 206-127-158-1.ncsoft.com [206.127.158.1] you can see there are definite routing issues. I go fairly south from Edmonton, AB to Calgary, AB, to Burnaby, BC to Fremont, CA, then it jumps from there over to the London, England to a place called _Level (3) Communications_, THEN it hops back from England to Austin to hit the NCSoft servers.

The last server it hits before flying off to England is **100ge10-2.core1.sea1.he.net**, owned by Hurricane Electric, Inc. and located in Fremont, CA. So, in my case, at least for the high ping times, it looks like the routing table in that particular server may have issues.

Geographical location: Singapore, Singapore

Server: Darkhaven

It's been 14 straight days, and this lag is making the game unplayable beyond believe... I really don't know how much longer I must wait for the DDoS attack or whatever to stop. Tried other games like Warframe, Skyforge and Tera etc = 0 problems and running smooth too... It's just GW2 for me.

P.S. I miss my Power Mirage sniping people... without the skill lag killing me... (1-2k ping)

Geographical location: Tokyo, JP

Server: Borlis Pass

Been away for a few days and came back to find out I cannot stay in the game for any more than 5 minutes, after which my ping will spike from 220 to 2k - 3k followed by disconnect with the error message "lost connection to the log in server." I'll then force-close the window, relog, the same thing for hours anywhere from fractals to normal maps to WvW zones. I've never had this issue before, and my internet is very stable otherwise. Don't play other online games so I cannot comment on my connectivity there.

Me and a friend of mine live in the same area and have been getting constant DC's. I even upgraded my Net to 175Mbps/15Mbps and I'm still having lag issues. The ping seems ok and the fps is what it normally is but the server seems choppy. Computers clean and everything's up to date so I know that's not and issue and my latency on speed testers seem fine. Just noticed a little while ago in WvW it was really choppy and I was no where near the Zerg and that isn't normal.

Server: Jade Quarry

Latency's been bad since Halloween patch. Used to be only bad during Tequatl fights. Been in WvW for 3 hours and nigh unplayable. Died countless times to lag and can barely kill any player due to extreme lag (1-4k Ping). Only gets back to normal 250 ping when not doing anything and not being in a zerg.

Seriously, fix this already. Geez

Ever since PoF came out, I have been getting extremely low FPS randomly on and off. I can normally run the game at ~40 FPS on high settings which is fine with me, my computer isn't the newest but this is NOT a hardware issue on my side, as I don't encounter this problem in any other game (including way more demanding ones). Game will run fine for a week, possibly two, then I start it and it won't go above anything ranging from 15, 10, 25 and now most recently 7 (!) FPS anywhere. No difference in locations. No change if I set everything to lowest. Literally **no change at all**, which is confusing because under normal circumstances there should be a difference of 10-15 FPS. Sometimes the sound is choppy as well.

Restarting, rebooting, repairing game files, closing all other programs, deleting local.dat and gw2cache, checking for faulty hardware, checking for driver updates, updating Windows, etc etc... nothing helps. Next day, sometimes after two days... out of the blue it's fine again.

To top it all off, since about two weeks I will now get constant disconnects in the same random manner. I.e. it'll be completely fine for several days, then suddenly I can't play the game for more than about 5 minutes before my internet connection drops completely. Not just getting disconnected from the game, which always happens first, but also from Discord, Skype etc, websites won't load, no internet connection at all for 5-10 minutes. If I stop trying to play GW2, everything will go back to normal, so it's not my ISP, router, network adapter or anything like that. As soon as I try again it starts all over. Several hours later or the next day (without any changes made to anything) it'll work just fine again.

I have _NO_ clue what is going on here but after going down a fairly exhaustive list of possible fixes that did absolutely nothing at all, I am convinced it's not on my side, and it's killing my enjoyment of this game quite rapidly.

My location is Germany and my server Blacktide (EU).

I live in the UK here and as I posted on the other thread high ping is also something I am struggling with, followed my lag spikes and normally a disconnect 7: 11: 3 error code. I have only recently brought POF and know my internet is fine, as all other online games I play do not have this problem.

I do have to express how disappointed I am after forking out this money for something I am unable to play effectively, if anyone has any good ideas to try and remedy this please let us know!

Ok. Since i'm obviously not the only one that has the low FPS issue (30 FPS capped in almost every region/map) i wanted to post one possible reason and solution for the issue. I didn't have this issue while I had a AMD discrete VGA card (r9 280x then r9 380x) but since i switched to a GTX 970 i started to recieve the FPS issue. I had this issue around 2 years ago and I was able to solve it (believe it or not) by logging into steam and after that starting the GW2 client to log into. I have red somewhere (I can't find that post anymore) that it was related to Adobe Flash which is obviously used for the login client and the main menu window. I couldn't believe it until i installed the Adobe Flash player for other internet browsers (NPAPI), started Steam and logged into the game. Right after that I had constant 60FPS in Menu and ingame. They should realy look into this or maybe they already know but don't care.

I took a break from GW2 but was lured back in with the PoF update, but since signing back in I've had intermittent lag and disconnect issues. it wasn't too often, so I just shrugged and moved on and enjoyed the fun of being back in game, but in the past week or two it's upped it's occurrence and is just about every time I sign on to play. The game freezes, but I can still move the camera and activate skills (cue the skill and the skill bar animates but no actual skill activates), take damage, but no creatures/NPCs/players are moving. Today it happened while I was doing dailies - I chopped my last tree and just kept on chopping and chopping forever, the chest for completion popped up on screen and was waggling at me, but I couldn't click on it or do anything about it and eventually got disconnected with an error code.

* Geographical location: Virginia, USA

* Server: Stormbluff Isle

* Time: 11/13/17 12:45pm est, it's been happening since PoF launch, but in the last week it's stepped up to about every time I sign on to play.

* Error Code: 7:11:3:191:101

Additional info: my household did switch internet providers at the start of November, going from Comcast to Verizon. However we've had overall better performance in the house for everything, it's just GW that's having issues so not sure if that plays a part, but *shrug*

Geographical location: Singapore

Server: Dragonbrand

Been getting frequent lag spikes to the point of being unplayable, (i believe) since halloween update. Just before I made this post, I was getting a skill delay of >30s (perhaps even longer) in WvW.

The displayed ping in options UI was 933, but I noticed it was frozen at that value (not being updated) when I was experiencing extreme lag. For some reason, my IP's been showing in the 10.x.x.x range, preventing me from doing any meaningful troubleshooting at my end.

https://ibb.co/m7bGVw

EDIT: Tried attaching a screenshot but couldn't figure out how the embedding works, added a link to the image instead. Show crazy ping values.

Geographical location: Hungary

Server: Underworld

For the last 1 week my ping starts to go up after around 8-8:30PM (UTC+1) and after around 15-30mins it gets unplayable getting 2-3s freezes then every effect and skill going off at the same time then after like 3s i get the freezes again and this is going on and on. It fixes later on and going back to my normal 40-50ms ping around midnight (i can run reset fractals without any lag).

I only have problems with GW2. Streams, videos, other things work just fine.

It looks like this: