Scribing: Matrix & Charged Quartz Crystal

Fyrehawke.5463

I agree with the original post on this thread. As a guild member, I love and I mean LOVE donating stuff to my guild. I also believe in coming to a problem discussion with a solution for the dilemma being discussed. As most guildies are aware, there is a vendor, by the name of Sigurlina Johnsottir (Guild Trader), which I can purchase with my commendations stuff that my scribe needs like lattices, wells, wagons, etc., to make items for the guild. The scribe will announce buy 2 lattices, please. And, I go and purchase lattices. The solution to the Matrix dilemma is to add a Guild tab 5 to this vendor and if ArenaNet wants this tab to be in map currencies fine, no problem, but the matrices can be purchased by me and immediately put into the scribe's tab to be used. The matrices can be account bound to the guild. The map currency can still be account bound to the individual. It's a win for Scribes, guildies, like me who LOVE to donate to their guild, and ArenaNet. I don't know too much about scripting, but this solution shouldn't cause too much trouble within the game system. Just a thought! Qetesh Aten.

> @Atlantis.4096 said:

As most guildies are aware, there is a vendor, by the name of Sigurlina Johnsottir (Guild Trader), which I can purchase with my commendations stuff that my scribe needs like lattices, wells, wagons, etc., to make items for the guild. The solution to the Matrix dilemma is to add a Guild tab 5 to this vendor and if ArenaNet wants this tab to be in map currencies fine, no problem, but the matrices can be purchased by me and immediately put into the scribe's tab to be used. I don't know too much about scripting, but this solution shouldn't cause too much trouble within the game system<

This is WONDERFUL solution! The scripting would not be that hard, I would think. This combines purchase options and a guild treasury for usable items in one fell swoop. Thanks for thinking on your feet. I hope ANet listens to their scribing community and the players who like to help their guilds.

Timegated materials for something like guild hall decorations seems like a poorly thought out concept. My guild is going through it now, and we are a pretty big guild with several max level scribes. I can only imagine the pain that small guilds have to go through to make even a small handful of the new decorations.

I have to wonder if any of the developers are reading any of the opinions expressed here. The ratio of views to comments is 22:1 in less than a week. That is 1 out of every 22 people who read this post find the issue serious enough to comment and ask for changes. I think everyone here would appreciate a reply on the subject from the game developers saying they have at least considered the issue and have decided xxxxxxx.

It's even worse when you realise that you can't preview the decorations. So you end up building an Elonian tent thinking "Cool, I'll get a tent!" and all you actually get is a 100 meter tall structure consisting in just an orange sheet tied to two masts (which is in no way a tent, just sayin') that you can't use anywhere in your hall because it's too big. And it's made worse when you realise you've wasted the equivalent of 5g and one day to craft it.

Another remark is that the time-gating on charged quartz crystals is no more needed. I understand the need to delay gear acquisition when the update first hit, but now 3 years after, is it really still necessary ? (same goes for ectoplasm refinement)

> @Blaeys.3102 said:

> Timegated materials for something like guild hall decorations seems like a poorly thought out concept. My guild is going through it now, and we are a pretty big guild with several max level scribes. I can only imagine the pain that small guilds have to go through to make even a small handful of the new decorations.

I made nearly every single decoration 3 days in for my small guild. Trade contracts are dropping so often and I didnt even farm them. (must have had over 2k by now I'm guessing)

The rest our guild saved up about 200 gold for these things and the price of materials isnt even making a dent in that.

Then again I do hoard materials, barely use charged quartz and dont mind sacrificing some personal currency for some nice decorations.

So it's not THAT bad. But it would obviously be more ideal if you could share the matrices and other such things. I don't like that these things don't feel like a group effort.

I know it's probably too late now... But I still think Scribe should be balanced as an individual craft (like every other craft) and not a guild craft that supposes you will have 20+ players supporting you (and in this instance, that's not even possible!) Anyway +1. Hopefully they'll be donatable soon.

> @Fryggenbart.3907 said:

> 2 easy solutions:

>

> - Make those matrixes tradeable

> - Change the charged quartz (another stupid timegate) in the recipes to 25 normal quartz.

This.

The matrixes are really cheap, and having them be part of the recipe in turn make those items cheap to scribe. Combine that with all the fixes and adjustmentst to scribing since HoT and I think its in a great place, cost wise. it generally takes between 20s-10 gold to craft most decorations, depending on complexity and rarity of mats. That, to me, guild leader and sole scribe and decorator, seems reasonable.

My problem is specifically that decorations are by their very nature for the benefit of the whole, and designed to be used in multiples.

I don't care about the COST of 25 trade contracts. That's pocket change. I also don't care about the charged quartz. Also pocket change. It is trivial to get these things in amounts required to scribe a reasonable amount of furniture for a solo scribe.

The problem is what happens if we want to set up a group decoration effort and have everyone pitch in for a project. It's not that it's too expensive. It's that they LITERALLY CAN'T DO IT.

For example, right now, I'm building a little centerpiece near the main waypoint in my hall. All told this thing will end up being worth roughly 120 gold. I'll be funding it myself because that's just how I roll. Some people like to spend money on legendaries and buying overpriced gems to perpetuate a crappy microtransaction model. I like building decorations so people don't have a choice but to shower in all my creative juices.

The cost isn't the problem. Its a massive decorating project and it costs a reasonable amount for a massive decoration project. The problem is that I need 42 charged quartz. That's means that no matter what it will take OVER A MONTH to finish it, regardless of how much gold I spend or how many guild members help me collect the materials or pitch in gold.

This kind of nonsense is FINE for vanity trophies that signify accomplishments. (By the way arenanet, where are all the new boss trophies? I assumed we would have trophies for legendary bounties.) Stuff like gold raid trophies, legendary decorations like the music machine and so on because the game is structure in such a way that you can only fight a boss but so often and get "real" rewards anyway, or that "legendary" stuff is a personal journey.

These are incense burners. Literally just furniture Why does basic furniture have a more restrictive time gate than top tier raid boss trophies? It doesn't make sense.

Change the charged quartz to normal quartz and let us trade matrices. It still ensures people have to keep PoF content populated to obtain them, and who really cares if the scribe didn't personally play that content? I'm sure there are plenty of people that would like to cash in some trade contracts on the open market and plenty of others who would like to have a gold option for matrixes.

• 3 months later...

No word on the account-bound part, but they changed the material requirement for the Matrices to regular quartz from Charged Quartz back in November:

Scribing recipes for Path of Fire matrices now use 50 regular Quartz Crystals instead of 1 Charged Quartz.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2017-11-07#General

Though now it takes 50 reg quartz so I'm not sure that's an improvement quantity-wise....