Even Runes and Sigils become more biased

zencow.3651

For example:

Defender Rune

(old)

(1): +25 Healing

(2): When you block a foe's attack, gain 1 second of regeneration.

(3): +50 Healing

(4): When you use a heal skill, gain aegis for 5 seconds. (Cooldown: 10s)

(5): +100 Healing

(6): When you block a foe's attack, heal yourself. (Cooldown: 30s) (1): +25 Toughness

(new)

(2): +35 Healing

(3): +50 Toughness

(4): +65 Healing

(5): +100 Toughness

**(6): 10% increased maximum health; restores 5% of your maximum health when blocking an attack. (Cooldown: 1s)**

As if guardians, warriors, maybe engineers and MESMERS needed buckets of sustain to go with their annoying stealth/invul/evade frames to become 100% more unkillable. Thanks ANET.

No really, the 5% of max that don't need healing power investment at the very least is marauder's paradise.

Meanwhile, auras still take years to cooldown.

Most classes have access to block. Let's not forget ranger, rev etc. There are classes that doesn't have access to block like necro(I think?) not sure if that's the point you're trying to raise.

Sounds like you're referring to pvp/wvw? for the survival, eg. mes/mirage etc could probably benefit more with other runes. Eg. damage oriented runes (Kinda useless stacking survival which isn't a problem to them imo, unless there's another purpose for it).

Edit: an interesting thought here. Has anyone tried testing this rune with projectile destroy? If it triggers as "block"? Does projectile destroy counts as block? Eg. Reaper's - Death's charge.

> @"Eramonster.2718" said:

> Most classes have access to block. Let's not forget ranger, rev etc. There are classes that doesn't have access to block like necro(I think?) not sure if that's the point you're trying to raise.

>

The lower spammability of blocks on other classes means that can't make abuse the interaction to god levels of both damage and sustain.

An Inspiration Signet Mesmer gets Aegis every distortion and each use of their 3 very viable signets (Ether, Domination and Midnight) and a block on 6-second cooldown from scepter skill 2. Each of these blocks will at least heal for 1k+ depending on vitality without having to invest in healing power. Typically damage you manage to land on Mesmers stay and you can win by attrition by out-sustaining them (as long as you also have the mobility to chase them down as well ofc) but that's no longer possible when they can heal back so well.

And no, projectile reflects/destruction don't count as 'block' for the purposes of these kinds of procs.

I dont think alot of scary professions and builds can replace their offensive runes with this and still remain scary.

Chrono can use 2 blocks in a row with shield (3 if scepter + shield), if they are constantly attacked during the 2 blocks duration (6 procs) they can heal for almost 6khealth (if they have about 20k hp).

Maybe spellbreakers can make use of it with shield + full counter IF it procs out of full counter, alot of spellbreakers already ditch offensive runes for some defense along with zerker/marauder gear.

I think i read in guardian forum that it doesnt proc out of Aegis, so thats that.. So maybe nothing for guards.

Daredevils gets a block from utilities, but i cant see them ditching the more useful runes for it.

I could see retaliation FB, with valkyrie/wanderer/commander set, #/focus + mantra of solace.

Something like http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAsdRnsADFBjdDBuCBkCjF+Bz6BMu2TYBgZQRYPj2RPpA-jVxfABoq8TClgNq+DA6Bqb/BRBEYA-w

Each charge of mantra of solace heals to ~3k with the rune +traits ; focus 5% to 15% ; tome F3 passive and #5 and #2 5%+ the trait on aegis)

May be add Cleric or celestial or more vitality.

Otherwie : mesmer with Inspiration and the mantra of concentration.

Others don't have significant blocks able to exceed the 1sec icd *IMO.

But actually the runes gave 4k or more with 30 icd, and regen on every block, now it's only 5%, so no it won't be OP for warrior or thief or Engi ...