What's your favorite Living World Season 3 map?

maddoctor.2738

Ember Bay. I'm a bit of an old school solo farmer and this place has all the right components - good mob density and mobs drop unbound magic, t6 mats/lodestones, karmic retribution drinks and decent coin. Good variety of things to kill, hearts seem to progress at the right pace, boss fights aren't dragged out and obnoxious. Screw the JP though.

Draconis Mons with Bitterfrost close behind it. Going with the DM due to the design of the map and the amazing way that the spidey travel (sorry that's the way my mind translates the grappling ability) can combine with gliding to create some of the most fun map traverse that out there. Would love to see future zones have this option or for players to get some limited use ability for this outside of this zone. Bitterfrost's mechanic reminds me of the Silverwaste which to me is still a compelling zone for meta events. I like zones that work up to events and reasons for players to want to see succeed to gain more if they do.

The most fun I've had in a long time was using the Oakheart Essence.

I really hope we eventually get to Cantha, and that we learn a Grappling Hook mastery there that we can use in the streets of Kaineng and in the Echovald Forest to go all Batman on this thing, grappling to go high then gliding between the buildings and trees.

> @Greyrebel.7492 said:

> npcs in amber bay have more personality

The NPCs are the only positive aspect of that map! The dialogue is hysterical, it made me laugh a couple of times. =)

But design-wise, in my opinion Ember Bay really is the worst.

> @MithranArkanere.8957 said:

> I really hope we eventually get to Cantha, and that we learn a Grappling Hook mastery there that we can use in the streets of Kaineng and in the Echovald Forest to go all Batman on this thing, grappling to go high then gliding between the buildings and trees.

While I find your idea immensely imaginative, I wouldn't want to go Tarzan on beautiful and mysterious Cantha and thus have the whole atmosphere ruined by it. ;)

Draconis Mons is hands down my favourite. I love maps that can be explored and where I can walk around for days before getting to know my way around. I love the vibrant colours and lush vegetation of the lower areas. The top level, while being bare, still has lots of interesting corners. And I actually enjoy doing the hearts on that map even after finishing my druidstone backpiece :) .