Deadeye makes pvp not fun

Balerios.3679

Rifle DE is the worst DE set up you can take....

Having a Sword/Dagger build with Basilisk venom, Unforgiving combined with Swindlers Equilibrium and Binding shadows allows you to lock down and burst an enemy with little counter play. (I'm surprised not many people are running this set up actually, keep spamming boon rip and stuns until they die is funny, I FEEL LIKE A WARRIOR WITH THIEF MOBILITY!)

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> Rifle DE is the worst DE set up you can take....

>

> Having a Sword/Dagger build with Basilisk venom, Unforgiving combined with Swindlers Equilibrium and Binding shadows allows you to lock down and burst an enemy with little counter play. (I'm surprised not many people are running this set up actually, keep spamming boon rip and stuns until they die is funny, I FEEL LIKE A WARRIOR WITH THIEF MOBILITY!)

I tried this out, pretty funny. It took me a round to adjust from my normal build, but it's pretty fun to play. I won 5 matches straight using it. Nice suggestion

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> Rifle DE is the worst DE set up you can take....

>

> Having a Sword/Dagger build with Basilisk venom, Unforgiving combined with Swindlers Equilibrium and Binding shadows allows you to lock down and burst an enemy with little counter play. (I'm surprised not many people are running this set up actually, keep spamming boon rip and stuns until they die is funny, I FEEL LIKE A WARRIOR WITH THIEF MOBILITY!)

I am not sure why either. it a VERY good spec in WvW and should translate well to PvP.

>@Burnfall.9573 said:

> > @Ithilwen.1529 said:

> > I, for one, would rather see more DE in the games, picking off scourges.

>

> so you want to fight toxicity with toxicity instead of addressing them? Isn't the goal is to remove toxicity, not to promote it?

>

> Seriously, i can't blame you if Anet thinks otherwise

>

>

ANET has not demonstrated that it is willing to nerf scourge. DH was in a similar situation for quite a while. It's clear that changes aren't likely soon.

So realistically, two responses are possible:

Find something equally powerful. This is why I suggested I want to see DE in games.

Withdraw from the game.

I chose the latter and haven't played ranked this season. On the positive side, I qualified for the community-run DPS league in another game with the time, ( and money.)

The extra time has also allowed me to work on vanquishing Cantha.

Honestly sniper classes are loathsome in GW2 because the maps were made in another era where the melee power meta reigned supreme. The maps are really showing their age now. Get to a position where you can't be got at and press 3 buttons on one weapon. Used to be just annoying rapid fire rangers, now we have an irritating deadeye spec too. Bravo Anet for making PvP the joke of the gaming community. Let's not even talk about racking up kills by passive skills like scourge, where all you have to do is move your character to condi bomb people with no button pushing at all.

> @Burnfall.9573 said:

> Build included by thief player

>

> ----- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-4sxXPTea4 -----

Run zerker and a PvE glass cannon build, cuts all the clips where he gets focused down and quite obviously killed in 3 hits, play's agains't people who just afk on points knowing that he's in the other team.

Yep, its a Thief cheesy montage.

Edit : BTW the enemy team had an AFKer lol, if you look at chat.

Not that i'll mind if the hivemind finally accept Deadeye in the Meta though.