Does Sigil of Impact proc with Daze/Launch?

Bosquez.6217

It only applies with the listed cc - namely stuns and knockdowns. Anything else and you only benefit from the 3% bonus.

For engi skills that cause these effects:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Knockdown

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stun

It's not that great since alot of your cc comes from launch, knockbacks and pulls, so the uptime isn't going to make or break your build.

Then I wonder why Metabattle is using it for builds that only have one crappy 1s stun (Holosmith Static Sword/Shield and Protection Sword/Shield). It may be for just the 3%?

And that sigil originally comes with the 'Onus', an exotic hammer, which is a weapon with few stuns skills (Only the Scrapper skill #5 stuns enemies)

> @"Bosquez.6217" said:

> Then I wonder why Metabattle is using it for builds that only have one crappy 1s stun (Holosmith Static Sword/Shield and Protection Sword/Shield). It may be for just the 3%?

> And that sigil originally comes with the 'Onus', an exotic hammer, which is a weapon with few stuns skills (Only the Scrapper skill #5 stuns enemies)

What is the build meant for? For PvE when fighting things with breakbars I think the stun from that is supposed to count.

> @"Bosquez.6217" said:

> Then I wonder why Metabattle is using it for builds that only have one crappy 1s stun (Holosmith Static Sword/Shield and Protection Sword/Shield). It may be for just the 3%?

> And that sigil originally comes with the 'Onus', an exotic hammer, which is a weapon with few stuns skills (Only the Scrapper skill #5 stuns enemies)

It's because of what @"Khisanth.2948" said, when you break a defiance bar on an npc they usually count as "stunned" for gear and trait purposes. This sigil allows you a little extra damage in that window, which is usually about 5 seconds every 20. This means you get about 5/20=0,25×7= 1,75% overall extra damage from the stun part, 1,75+3= 4,75% if we include the 3% modifier which is always active.

The reason metabattle has it is most likely because they haven't gotten around to changing it after the game update, as it used to be stronger (10% extra damage on stun) so right now a sigil of force will outperform it, and a few of the on crit sigils can now compete dps wise. But hey those extra 3% aren't that bad either, especially on a 25 capped vulnerability boss, so they might even keep it.

> @"rng.1024" said:

> The reason metabattle has it is most likely because they haven't gotten around to changing it after the game update, as it used to be stronger (10% extra damage on stun)

It's actually _slightly_ stronger now than it was then. (That is of course, if the tooltip is to be believed. [it's bugged at the moment.](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60717/bug-superior-sigil-of-impacts-tooltip-changed-but-its-behavior-didnt#latest "It's bugged at the moment.")) Before, when an enemy was stunned, you get +10% flat. Today, there's (Well, there _should be_) a flat 3% at all times and 7% when stunned, translating into 10.21% increased damage when an enemy is stunned, holding all other aspects of the build/class/situation equal.

Remember that modifier bonuses are multiplicative.

Also, the 3% increased damage applies (read that as _should apply_) outside the disable.

In summary, because the "while stunned" clause is better now than it was, and there's bonus damage while not stunned, Impact is (should be when it's fixed) _strictly better_ than its prior form.

> @"SpinDashMaster.5680" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

>

> > The reason metabattle has it is most likely because they haven't gotten around to changing it after the game update, as it used to be stronger (10% extra damage on stun)

>

> It's actually _slightly_ stronger now than it was then. (That is of course, if the tooltip is to be believed. [it's bugged at the moment.](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60717/bug-superior-sigil-of-impacts-tooltip-changed-but-its-behavior-didnt#latest "It's bugged at the moment.")) Before, when an enemy was stunned, you get +10% flat. Today, there's (Well, there _should be_) a flat 3% at all times and 7% when stunned, translating into 10.21% increased damage when an enemy is stunned, holding all other aspects of the build/class/situation equal.

>

> Remember that modifier bonuses are multiplicative.

>

> Also, the 3% increased damage applies (read that as _should apply_) outside the disable.

>

> In summary, because the "while stunned" clause is better now than it was, and there's bonus damage while not stunned, Impact is (should be when it's fixed) _strictly better_ than its prior form.

Yeah, I never said it isn't stronger now than before, only that the "on stun" part of the current sigil got nerfed. Should equal up to an average of 4,75% and 3% modifiers, which add up to (1,0475 x 1,03) 7,9% total bonus damage when a regular 10 man boss defiance bar is accounted for, opposed to the 2,5% it used to be. So it's indeed a buff.

> @"SpinDashMaster.5680" said:

> > @"rng.1024" said:

>

> > Yeah, I never said it isn't stronger now than before, only that the "on stun" part of the current sigil got nerfed.

>

> That's what I'm telling you isn't right also, though. The "while stunned" modifier is 10.21% from this sigil, up from 10%, per my previous post.

>

>

It is not 10.21. Added with the constant +3% bonus yeah sure, but the sigil clearly states +7%. Since it used to state 10%, and 10>7 then that specific modifier is a nerf.

Reread if you need to: I'm not claiming the sigils overall effect has been nerfed.