Endless Upgrade Extractor: Cool-down needed

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> So, this item can go un-checked producing gold, while my ghost pepper node is on a 24 hour cool-down because it'll crash the market?

>

You mean like:

- Copper-Fed-Salvage-O-Matic

- Silver-Fed -Salvage-O-Matic

- Permanent Gathering Tools

- Home Instance Upgrades from the TP

It was this convenience item which broke the camels back?

There has been convenience items which produce value for ages. There is convenience items which produce value for services less used as well(Permanent Hair Style Contract, Permanent Bank Access, Permanent Trading Post, etc.).

> @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > So, this item can go un-checked producing gold, while my ghost pepper node is on a 24 hour cool-down because it'll crash the market?

> >

>

> Explain to me how you think one can make gold with the endless extractor. I have it and trust me, using it to make gold is a waste of time.

so you're not making any gold extracting, then salvaging upgrades? that seems odd.

/edit

as in the new rune/sigil update

> > @"ProverbsofHell.2307" said:

> > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > So, this item can go un-checked producing gold, while my ghost pepper node is on a 24 hour cool-down because it'll crash the market?

> > >

> >

> > Explain to me how you think one can make gold with the endless extractor. I have it and trust me, using it to make gold is a waste of time.

>

> so you're not making any gold extracting, then salvaging upgrades? that seems odd.

> /edit

> as in the new rune/sigil update

Not worth it for the amount of gold per/hour it gives. Inferior to other options like SW/Istan and hurts your fingers. So no there is no issue.

Yeah, I don't see a actual problem here.

I bought my Endless Upgrade Extractor months ago because I wanted to extract upgrades from my equipment rather than overwrite them or having to salvage the equipment.

I'm sure not scooping up exotics to salvage their upgrades. Especially not when I can still buy exotic Sigils and Runes for a lot cheaper than exotic equipment.

Now if you'd said extracting then selling upgrades then yeah, you may have a point but with so many BL Salvage Kits available there's very little commercial advantage to having an Endless Upgrade Extractor now.

> so if it's hurting your fingers, you're making gold, right?

No. You have to drag every green into the extractor window, click extract, and then if you bought them with karma, you have to mystic forge those greens after too. Just isn't worth it. If you did this to 1000 greens you would make about 20 gold. But that is a huge amount of clicking and dragging.

> @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> The price went up because normal salvage kits cant obtain runes anymore.

>

> Why would it need a cooldown? Just to make a convenience item less convenient?

why does my garden plot, that lets me craft ACCOUNT BOUND gimped (2h) primers need to be on a cool-down? just to make a convenience item less convenient?

> > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > The price went up because normal salvage kits cant obtain runes anymore.

> >

> > Why would it need a cooldown? Just to make a convenience item less convenient?

> why does my garden plot, that lets me craft ACCOUNT BOUND kitten (2h) primers need to be on a cool-down? just to make a convenience item less convenient?

Because it produces things from nothing. Upgrade extractors do not produce things from nothing, they just take things out that already existed and are in your possession. To extract an upgrade you first have to have obtained the item with the upgrade.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > @"FrizzFreston.5290" said:

> > > The price went up because normal salvage kits cant obtain runes anymore.

> > >

> > > Why would it need a cooldown? Just to make a convenience item less convenient?

> > why does my garden plot, that lets me craft ACCOUNT BOUND kitten (2h) primers need to be on a cool-down? just to make a convenience item less convenient?

>

> Because it produces things from nothing. Upgrade extractors do not produce things from nothing, they just take things out that already existed and are in your possession. To extract an upgrade you first have to have obtained the item with the upgrade.

so what you're saying is, you cant make a new character and extract the runes/sigils endlessly from the items that the game gives you, from nothing. correct?

/edit

the game gives you for nothing*

> So, this item can go un-checked producing gold, while my ghost pepper node is on a 24 hour cool-down because it'll crash the market?

>

That makes no sense ... Both the ghost pepper node and Extractor have a ROI. The difference is that the node produces peppers without being 'fed'. You need to 'feed' the extractor to make gold. That's why peppers have a CD and Extractor does not.

Furthermore, if peppers didn't have a CD, they would be a worthless mat that doesn't contribute to the economy; completely out of line with the idea of having an economy in the first place. Last time I checked, Ghost peppers have a rather healthy sell price, so from where I sit, how the pepper node is implemented works quite nicely.

On the other hand, you want to put a CD on extractor, your just hurting the people that need sigils ... that's not the guy that owns the extractor in the first place.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > So, this item can go un-checked producing gold, while my ghost pepper node is on a 24 hour cool-down because it'll crash the market?

> >

> That makes no sense ... Both the ghost pepper node and Extractor have a ROI. The difference is that the node produces peppers without being 'fed'. You need to 'feed' the extractor to make gold. That's why peppers have a CD and Extractor does not.

>

i "feed" it with either silver bought harvesting tools or the fancy ones i paid IRL cash for.

Again, that's a one time cost. Eventually you get your ROI for that. That's not how the extractor works. It has a one time cost AND needs to be fed with items. Eventually you get your ROI for the Extractor ... but you still need to feed it to continue benefiting from it.

Anyways, it's clear you don't understand why you are wrong here. You asking if everything is just fine. The answer is YES, it is.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> Again, that's a one time cost. Eventually you get your ROI for that. That's not how the extractor works. It has a one time cost AND needs to be fed with items. Eventually you get your ROI for the Extractor ... but you still need to feed it to continue benefiting From it.

how much copper/silver do you spend using (your) endless upgrade extractor, to extract upgrades? cause i "feed" my copper/silver fed salvage-o-matics quite a bit.

/edit

copper/silver fed upgrade extractors WHEN @Anet?

I don't understand; you were comparing Ghost Pepper Node to Extractor ... now your talking about Salvage-o Matics ... you aren't making sense cherry picking this way. You're also not having an honest discussion playing these games.

If you think you would get better value from an endless extractor vs. feeding your salvagers to get sigils ... then just buy one and get over it. Frankly, i think anyone that compares the two or suggests extractor needs a cooldown doesn't understand the purpose of the Extractor in the first place. It also appears you don't understand how the salvagers work either ... they don't give you sigils/runes from the gear you salvage anymore, so your comparison doesn't make much sense.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I don't understand; you were comparing Ghost Pepper Node to Extractor ... now your talking about Salvage-o Matics ... you aren't making sense cherry picking this way. You're also not having an honest discussion playing these games.

>

>

if a ghost pepper node needs to be on a 24 hour timer becasue it produces 'something' from 'nothing', that is fed with either silver bought tools OR tools a user spends their cash on then surely an upgrade extractor, that does the very same thing albeit a bit different in the crafting profession(s) should say, have a 5 extraction limit per day on it. right?

/edit

also how much does the extractor charge per extraction?