Endless Upgrade Extractor: Cool-down needed

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

>

> Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

i think he is just butthurt that his source of gold has daily cap , and he assume those have the permanent extractor use it for gold earning...

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > >

> > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> >

> > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> >

> > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

>

> 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post. that may or may not have been removed.

> > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > > why couldn't you change the sigii? i could change the sigils on mine.

> >

> > sigil swapping on legendaries is only recently (Oct 30 2018) . prior to that you can't switch sigil.

> >

> > EDIT:

> > and, there are people who use it for pure convenience on non-legendary gear (ascended etc). why would you limit the use if they change runes/sigils often ?

> >

>

> oh so you mean you could swap sigils like me, you just wanted to pay gold to do it for free? therefore you could swap them but it costed you gold?

>

> again TY Palador

Then find it on reddit and post it.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > >

> > > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> > >

> > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > >

> > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> >

> > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post. that may or may not have been removed.

> > > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > > > why couldn't you change the sigii? i could change the sigils on mine.

> > >

> > > sigil swapping on legendaries is only recently (Oct 30 2018) . prior to that you can't switch sigil.

> > >

> > > EDIT:

> > > and, there are people who use it for pure convenience on non-legendary gear (ascended etc). why would you limit the use if they change runes/sigils often ?

> > >

> >

> > oh so you mean you could swap sigils like me, you just wanted to pay gold to do it for free? therefore you could swap them but it costed you gold?

> >

> > again TY Palador

>

> Then find it on reddit and post it.

it was posted in this very thread.

> @"azizul.8469" said:

> the main purpose of endless upgrade extractor is to allow for build diversity without the needs to buy upgrades (runes, sigils, infusions) again and again... whatever come with it is just bonus...

so if that is it's true main purpose what would be a fair cap on how many extractions per day?

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> > > >

> > > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > > >

> > > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> > >

> > > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post. that may or may not have been removed.

> > > > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > > > > why couldn't you change the sigii? i could change the sigils on mine.

> > > >

> > > > sigil swapping on legendaries is only recently (Oct 30 2018) . prior to that you can't switch sigil.

> > > >

> > > > EDIT:

> > > > and, there are people who use it for pure convenience on non-legendary gear (ascended etc). why would you limit the use if they change runes/sigils often ?

> > > >

> > >

> > > oh so you mean you could swap sigils like me, you just wanted to pay gold to do it for free? therefore you could swap them but it costed you gold?

> > >

> > > again TY Palador

> >

> > Then find it on reddit and post it.

>

> it was posted in this very thread.

I scanned through and found nothing. I would like a link to the reddit thread and it better be data, not someone claiming 90g per hour.

Btw, your arguments keeps morphing so you come off as less credible. And it's a concern that you are vague about exploits, yet don't seem to have reported them. Something not right here....

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> > > >

> > > > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post. that may or may not have been removed.

> > > > > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > > > > > why couldn't you change the sigii? i could change the sigils on mine.

> > > > >

> > > > > sigil swapping on legendaries is only recently (Oct 30 2018) . prior to that you can't switch sigil.

> > > > >

> > > > > EDIT:

> > > > > and, there are people who use it for pure convenience on non-legendary gear (ascended etc). why would you limit the use if they change runes/sigils often ?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > oh so you mean you could swap sigils like me, you just wanted to pay gold to do it for free? therefore you could swap them but it costed you gold?

> > > >

> > > > again TY Palador

> > >

> > > Then find it on reddit and post it.

> >

> > it was posted in this very thread.

>

> I scanned through and found nothing. I would like a link to the reddit thread and it better be data, not someone claiming 90g per hour

it was removed. btw i dont know you well enough to take another hit, sorry about that.

@"Obtena.7952"

i'd be careful if i were you.

> @"azizul.8469" said:

>

> > so if that is it's true main purpose what would be a fair cap on how many extractions per day?

>

> then it wouldn't be called endless anymore, would it ? it would be called capped upgrade extractor....

>

>

sure it would be endless, after it's cool-down you'll be able to swap.

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> > > >

> > > > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post. that may or may not have been removed.

> > > > > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > > > > > why couldn't you change the sigii? i could change the sigils on mine.

> > > > >

> > > > > sigil swapping on legendaries is only recently (Oct 30 2018) . prior to that you can't switch sigil.

> > > > >

> > > > > EDIT:

> > > > > and, there are people who use it for pure convenience on non-legendary gear (ascended etc). why would you limit the use if they change runes/sigils often ?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > oh so you mean you could swap sigils like me, you just wanted to pay gold to do it for free? therefore you could swap them but it costed you gold?

> > > >

> > > > again TY Palador

> > >

> > > Then find it on reddit and post it.

> >

> > it was posted in this very thread.

>

> I scanned through and found nothing. I would like a link to the reddit thread and it better be data, not someone claiming 90g per hour.

>

> Btw, your arguments keeps morphing so you come off as less credible. And it's a concern that you are vague about exploits, yet don't seem to have reported them. Something not right here....

I don’t know if this is the post he is talking about but a google search found this from 2 days ago so I think it would be the one as it’s about the Upgrade Extractor and says 90 gold in an hour.

>[Extracting Runes/Sigils from Karma items](

)

>SaiyanOfDarkness

>I've salvaged over 3000 sigils of the same element, got back 61 symbols from it, and a bunch of motes which I refined and sold those. I made around 90g profit by the time everything sold. I of course bought everything, striped the sigil out, and sold the greens back to NPC without the sigils in them.

>And yes I can also confirm using a higher salvage kit makes no difference, and it's based on the level of rune or sigil when salvaging.

>KingCarnival

>How long do you suppose that took you?

>SaiyanOfDarkness

>About an hour give or take.

^^ I see nothing wrong with doing that though ... he had to buy the items with karma, he had the tools to extract and salvage them. That's what those tools do. /shrug. The only thing happening here in this thread is that someone is ticked off they can't take advantage of an intended approach to using the tools.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> ^^ I see nothing wrong with doing that though ... he had to buy the items with karma, he had the tools to extract and salvage them. That's what those tools do. /shrug. The only thing happening here in this thread is that someone is ticked off they can't take advantage of an intended approach to using the tools.

this isnt impacting my paid for flax farms a single iota.

The market had adjusted to the presence of endless upgrade extractors. Because you could pull a sigil and forge the weapon, such weapons rose in price to reflect that value to people with upgrade extractors. The bulk of the benefit of the extractor went to...the players finding items to extract.

When it comes to the sigil and rune update, the same will apply. Prices still haven't settled down - all the new supply, production, and demand hasn't been figured out yet, and prices are fluctuating around that. In the interim there is money to be made! Once things settle I fully expect the endless extractors to fill the same role - an important production function at marginal returns on time and capital, with most of the gains from their use going to farmers.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > ^^ I see nothing wrong with doing that though ... he had to buy the items with karma, he had the tools to extract and salvage them. That's what those tools do. /shrug. The only thing happening here in this thread is that someone is ticked off they can't take advantage of an intended approach to using the tools.

>

> this isnt impacting my paid for flax farms a single iota.

Um, OK then ... :confused: No one is accusing you of anything here ... other than treating the symptom instead of the disease. If there are unintended mechanics at play, you should report them, not claim legitimate use tools should be nerfed because of them. Besides, I don't get the problem; it's clear from the reddit what Anet's response to this was ... unless Anet has an 'evil' Anet twin that lies to people.

Using confirmed mechanics to make gold is NOT a legitimate reason to completely change the intended function of tools.

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > >

> > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> >

> > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> >

> > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

>

> 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post/link. that may or may not have been removed.

That was about karma-bought items. This 90 gold required spending 150k karma first, which makes it a conversion of ~1700 karma to 1 gold. That is indeed good - around 3-5x better than the other sources of currency conversion we've had so far - but still hardly broken. Notice, how karma is not an infinite resource.

Edit: correction: if that 90 g was from 3000 items, that's way more than 150k karma (more like 750k, which would make it highly inefficient).

Honestly, if the OP was complaining against runes and sigils no longer being extractable without the use of gemshop items, that would be a very valid point. Personally i consider removing that ability from all non-gemshop items a really low move and a blatant cash grab. They really should have left that ability at least on master/mystic/silver-fed level of salvage.

That's not what OP complains about however, and i'm afraid bashing against unlimited extractor working well at what it was meant to do is completely groundless.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> > > > >

> > > > > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post. that may or may not have been removed.

> > > > > > @"azizul.8469" said:

> > > > > > > @"Valeria Mudgarden.3054" said:

> > > > > > > why couldn't you change the sigii? i could change the sigils on mine.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sigil swapping on legendaries is only recently (Oct 30 2018) . prior to that you can't switch sigil.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > EDIT:

> > > > > > and, there are people who use it for pure convenience on non-legendary gear (ascended etc). why would you limit the use if they change runes/sigils often ?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > oh so you mean you could swap sigils like me, you just wanted to pay gold to do it for free? therefore you could swap them but it costed you gold?

> > > > >

> > > > > again TY Palador

> > > >

> > > > Then find it on reddit and post it.

> > >

> > > it was posted in this very thread.

> >

> > I scanned through and found nothing. I would like a link to the reddit thread and it better be data, not someone claiming 90g per hour.

> >

> > Btw, your arguments keeps morphing so you come off as less credible. And it's a concern that you are vague about exploits, yet don't seem to have reported them. Something not right here....

>

>

> I don’t know if this is the post he is talking about but a google search found this from 2 days ago so I think it would be the one as it’s about the Upgrade Extractor and says 90 gold in an hour.

>

> >[Extracting Runes/Sigils from Karma items](

)

> >SaiyanOfDarkness

> >I've salvaged over 3000 sigils of the same element, got back 61 symbols from it, and a bunch of motes which I refined and sold those. I made around 90g profit by the time everything sold. I of course bought everything, striped the sigil out, and sold the greens back to NPC without the sigils in them.

> >And yes I can also confirm using a higher salvage kit makes no difference, and it's based on the level of rune or sigil when salvaging.

>

> >KingCarnival

> >How long do you suppose that took you?

>

> >SaiyanOfDarkness

> >About an hour give or take.

Just btw, KingCarnival is my account on Reddit and that guy is simply lying. I attempted this same method and the gold return is nowhere near that. At absolute maximum efficiency you can extract about 100 sigils every 5 minutes. That's only 1200 sigils an hour, not even half of the 3000 he claimed to have processed. The profit from 100 sigils is about 2 gold. So you can PERHAPS make almost 25g an hour using this method, but I didn't even factor in time needed for doing the other things like vendoring the greens, and trust me, it hurts your hand a LOT dragging and clicking that many items.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > >

> > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> >

> > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post/link. that may or may not have been removed.

> That was about karma-bought items. This 90 gold required spending 150k karma first, which makes it a conversion of ~1700 karma to 1 gold. That is indeed good - around 3-5x better than the other sources of currency conversion we've had so far - but still hardly broken. Notice, how karma is not an infinite resource.

>

> Edit: correction: if that 90 g was from 3000 items, that's way more than 150k karma (more like 750k, which would make it highly inefficient).

Yep, the cheapest Masterwork item you can get for karma are (I believe) gloves from Tiga Fierceblade for 252 karma each which would be 756,000 karma for 3,000 gloves.

But something here smells a bit funny, the guy says they bought 3,000 green items, extracted and salvaged the runes and then sold the item back to the vendor in one hour, "give or take", in order to make 90g (less today given how the prices are dropping).

One hour is 3,600 seconds so if we ignore the time spent buying, salvaging and selling then the guy apparently clicked on and dragged an item to the extractor and clicked the extract button once every 1.2 seconds. I'm not saying that can't be done but that's one heck of an pace; good luck keeping that up for an hour. Half the speed to 2.4 seconds and it still seems quite a high pace to me. Either way I would say this means it was much closer to and probably in excess of 2 hours once you add in the time required for buying, salvaging and selling.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong but karma pieces cannot be sold back to the vendor as they don't have a sell price (no sale price is listed on the wiki).

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post/link. that may or may not have been removed.

> That was about karma-bought items. This 90 gold required spending 150k karma first, which makes it a conversion of ~1700 karma to 1 gold. That is indeed good - around 3-5x better than the other sources of currency conversion we've had so far - but still hardly broken. Notice, how karma is not an infinite resource.

>

> Edit: correction: if that 90 g was from 3000 items, that's way more than 150k karma (more like 750k, which would make it highly inefficient).

>

> Honestly, if the OP was complaining against runes and sigils no longer being extractable without the use of gemshop items, that would be a very valid point. Personally i consider removing that ability from all non-gemshop items a really low move and a blatant cash grab. They really should have left that ability at least on master/mystic/silver-fed level of salvage.

>

> That's not what OP complains about however, and i'm afraid bashing against unlimited extractor working well at what it was meant to do is completely groundless.

No that guy wasn't buying karma gear - you can't vendor karma gear, you must Mystic Forge it or delete it. He was buying low level greens from the trading post, pulling out the sigils and then vendoring the gear to recoup his losses (and then finally salvaging the runes). It's still extremely tedious and inefficient.

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > We still don't have a reasoning behind the suggestion; the OP never provided one. The whole discussion is completely academic if no one can pony up a legit reason to put a limited daily use on a tool intended to allow for endless, unrestricted uses. Don't get side tracked with deflecting questions about if you have numbers or not either. The numbers matter little if we don't have a valid reason to consider the change. Elusive posts about mysterious unintended game mechanics don't cut it either.

> > > > >

> > > > > i'm sorry you can't see the reasons.

> > > >

> > > > It's your responsibility to lay out the reasons, and some type of facts behind them...

> > > >

> > > > Do you have any samples of how much someone is earning daily by using the endless upgrade extractor? Do you have any data to back up what you are talking about so the devs would be inclined to make changes? ...I ask because you have nothing right now besides complaining and comparing to a home gathering node...

> > >

> > > 90 gold per hour. taken from a reddit post/link. that may or may not have been removed.

> > That was about karma-bought items. This 90 gold required spending 150k karma first, which makes it a conversion of ~1700 karma to 1 gold. That is indeed good - around 3-5x better than the other sources of currency conversion we've had so far - but still hardly broken. Notice, how karma is not an infinite resource.

> >

> > Edit: correction: if that 90 g was from 3000 items, that's way more than 150k karma (more like 750k, which would make it highly inefficient).

>

> Yep, the cheapest Masterwork item you can get for karma are (I believe) gloves from Tiga Fierceblade for 252 karma each which would be 756,000 karma for 3,000 gloves.

>

> But something here smells a bit funny, the guy says they bought 3,000 green items, extracted and salvaged the runes and then sold the item back to the vendor in one hour, "give or take", in order to make 90g (less today given how the prices are dropping).

>

> One hour is 3,600 seconds so if we ignore the time spent buying, salvaging and selling then the guy apparently clicked on and dragged an item to the extractor and clicked the extract button once every 1.2 seconds. I'm not saying that can't be done but that's one heck of an pace; good luck keeping that up for an hour. Half the speed to 2.4 seconds and it still seems quite a high pace to me. Either way I would say this means it was much closer to and probably in excess of 2 hours once you add in the time required for buying, salvaging and selling.

>

> Also, correct me if I'm wrong but karma pieces cannot be sold back to the vendor as they don't have a sell price (no sale price is listed on the wiki).

Yes, see my above post(s). I have the extractor and tested this myself. It would have taken him almost three hours, making it more like 30g/hour. Decent I suppose, but not worth the pain of clicking.

No. Adding cooldown to the Endless Upgrade extractor is a bad idea. Like ProverbsofHell mentioned, you make around 30g/hour which is the same as farming Istan if you find gold making with the extractor to be the problem. I play all 9 professions and I don't have all legendaries yet so I can't sigil and rune swap my ascended gear without the Endless Upgrade Extractor. I do this frequently. Imagine adding a cooldown.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > I guess this is going to be a joke thread? The funny thing is there is a reason it went up 2k gold.

>

> Yes, the demand went up. That is an issue to you because?

It's not random, it's due to an exploitable glitch with it (though I won't explain in details).