Winning games lost

Jayjay.8946

maybe they just make really stupid decisions in desperation because they are afraid there score might be turned around.

a few days ago I was in an AT where they had a decent FB who played his role well. they were winning throughout the whole game, but not by that much. all of a sudden, after he capped mid, we hold close and there is a big teamfight on far, FB decides to go close. I chase him the whole way to point and we fight on point for about 30 seconds until he realized he couldn't decap from me, and he runs back to mid. I end up killing him just as he arrives on mid point.. his team needed him in the teamfight but he decided to decap solo vs a soulbeast... :) he lost them the game.

> @"Jayjay.8946" said:

> Has anyone else noticed how often winning games turn to losses as one or two team members appear to lose their fighting spirit in the last part of the game? If they are deliberately aiding the opposing team is there amything can be done?

Tortoise and Hare syndrome.

If you become confident of a win, you are less likely to work hard to secure it and thus more likely to be upset because your opponent is under more pressure to overtake you.

Call that out when you see it, remind your team to not be rash to avoid last second upsets.

"Hold 2 to win, leave Far" and "Protect objective/Take objective to win" works wonders.