How to permanently disable email SMS and not replace it with phone.?

I am on the road a lot, with many different internet and phone situations and I have friends new to the game in the same situation. They seem to be saddled with opening email to play, additional to entering their login password. I cannot find how to eliminate email authentication for them. I never had it to begin with, and don't miss it at all.

As far as GW2 goes, it's a game, not my bank account. I would like to log in with my userid, enter my password, and click to play. I don't want to have to log in email and enter an additional code to play. I don't want to have my phone handy (it may not even get reception) to play.

Send help!

Email authentication is enabled by default when an authenticator or SMS isn't being used. There is no way to remove it once your account is verified, and it hasn't been possible to keep your account unverified since a year or so after launch.

The fastest option is using an authenticator, since you generate the code yourself and can even automate it's entry.

They're forcing additional security because the average user is vulnerable, and a hacked account only costs ArenaNet.