Please stop with the special items that replace players skills

Aside from "fun" and "variety," my guess is one of the primary reasons for inserting these kinds of mechanics is that they are the only way to provide the encounter the devs are trying to design. They are trying to avoid certain class mechanics (like stealth, or teleporting, or whatever) being able to skip/break/fundamentally trivialize the event. I'm sure that this was a big lesson they took from dungeons, where most everything can be overcome with little effort via stacking and occasional mesmer trickery.

You may say "but I wanna smash through everything and play as you want and" so on and so forth, but we all know that the overwhelming majority of players will take the quickest, easiest way to complete something, and exclude other players who don't. It's not good for the longevity of the game if every instance can be approached the exact same way with the same build or trick to pass it.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Blocki.4931" said:

> > Every time this happens they make sure the spells are so insanely OP that it doesn't even matter if you can't use them perfectly lol

>

> Not *all* the time, i give you the caithe story line for an example(before the changes to the mobs in the instances.)

Caithe's skills are actually really strong compared to their regular thief equivalents, she's just so frail (because thieves are made of wet cardboard at the best of times and you're forced to play melee). Giving her a bow to swap to would have worked wonders.