How to reach Rata Novus Instructor without cheating?

Eupheme.1790

So I was doing the Lore Untangler achievement and because I'm me, I wanted to get to all 20 Rata Novus Instructors. Problem is, the only guides I could find that show how to get to all 20 use a trick to get to the one highest up. Basically, people stand in a certain spot, log out and back in again, and the game puts them up on a higher ledge.

I'd really like to know how to get to that one without this trick, but I can't seem to figure it out. Help? :)

(I know I don't need to actually visit all 20, that I can just re-do others, but I really want to know how to get up there!)

I'm not sure which one you mean. I know that some can be reached by climbing up from behind, from the tunnel side, rather than the city side. I think there's one that can be reached roughly by going up to the mastery point and gliding down. And of course, the Springer and Griffon are invaluable (although I don't think that counts as "without cheating" for the OP's purposes).

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm not sure which one you mean. I know that some can be reached by climbing up from behind, from the tunnel side, rather than the city side. I think there's one that can be reached roughly by going up to the mastery point and gliding down. And of course, the Springer and Griffon are invaluable (although I don't think that counts as "without cheating" for the OP's purposes).

It's the one where the Wiki guide recommends using the logout-login trick. #8 in their guide. High up on the southern wall of the cave, near the single "waterfall" coming out of what looks like an Asura sewer pipe in the ceiling. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rata_Novus_Instructor

I haven't gotten to PoF yet so I don't have the Springer, but yeah, it's also not how I'd want to do it. xD

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> You need to use mushrooms to get high (hah) and glide around a lot. The wiki also has a guide to get to all the instructors with HoT only if you're still not sure.

Sadly, the Wiki guide also uses the logout-login trick. No alternative description for how to reach it properly. :(

The wiki guide is... well let's say it's not the best guide on the wiki, now that I've taken another look. Without actually following the guide in order, I can't make out where they mean by #8. My memory is that is one of the ones that you can reach from the back. That is: enter the tunnels and work your way up til the path turns back towards the main city (away from the lab) and at some point (which I never remember and struggle to find it each time), there's a partially-hidden ledge which allows you to climb out to the city side. If I'm thinking of the same instructor (and, see above: I'm probably not), you should be above them. As I recall, it's a tricky glide, so some sort of portal or the rewinder is a good idea.

I don't see this particular 'trick' in use, but since there's no photos to accompany the guide, it's hard to know.

(Mind you: this guide is better than no guide at all; it definitely gives access to enough instructors to complete the achievement in a few days max, which is what most people would want it for. It's just not that useful for the OP's purpose.)

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> The wiki guide is... well let's say it's not the best guide on the wiki, now that I've taken another look. Without actually following the guide in order, I can't make out where they mean by #8. My memory is that is one of the ones that you can reach from the back. That is: enter the tunnels and work your way up til the path turns back towards the main city (away from the lab) and at some point (which I never remember and struggle to find it each time), there's a partially-hidden ledge which allows you to climb out to the city side. If I'm thinking of the same instructor (and, see above: I'm probably not), you should be above them. As I recall, it's a tricky glide, so some sort of portal or the rewinder is a good idea.

>

> I don't see this particular 'trick' in use, but since there's no photos to accompany the guide, it's hard to know.

>

> (Mind you: this guide is better than no guide at all; it definitely gives access to enough instructors to complete the achievement in a few days max, which is what most people would want it for. It's just not that useful for the OP's purpose.)

Yeah, I followed the whole guide and it's definitely great for finding all of the Instructors, it just uses that trick to get to this one faster and then never even hints at how to get there "normally". All the other locations are perfectly reachable with the guide, and I found it easy to follow. Never had any confusion about where to go or anything. :)

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> Oh, so it does. I think I remember something about this, I remember being so high up the water fall I was practically out of Rata Novus in order to figure out a path to there. Can't say I remember anything else though, sorry!

Tried that too, but it just veers off to SCAR lane and I can't see any exits anywhere. And swooping back into the main cavern from the highest possible point doesn't give me enough additional altitude.

I also tried going through the Vista, then along the cave wall counter-clockwise, which takes you to several other high-up Instructors, and there's a ledge that _looks_ like it should lead there, but there's a part you can't walk on or glide by and no matter what I try, I'm always about one Asura short of getting there. Which is unfortunate, seeing how I **am** an Asura. ;P

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> I did said achievement ages ago and never had to use a "trick" to get to any of the locations. Try Dulfy, if you are having trouble doing it.

I can't find a guide for this on Dulfy, sadly.

It's also possible to do the achievement without using the logout trick by using the springer mount to get up there, or by just doing it over two days, because you don't _have_ to do every individual projector, just 20 in total. Could be 20x the same one, over 20 days.

I have the achievement, I just wanna know how to get up there. It irks me. :D

> @"Eupheme.1790" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I did said achievement ages ago and never had to use a "trick" to get to any of the locations. Try Dulfy, if you are having trouble doing it.

>

> I can't find a guide for this on Dulfy, sadly.

> It's also possible to do the achievement without using the logout trick by using the springer mount to get up there, or by just doing it over two days, because you don't _have_ to do every individual projector, just 20 in total. Could be 20x the same one, over 20 days.

>

> I have the achievement, I just wanna know how to get up there. It irks me. :D

So, i dunno if it includes it or uses "cheats" to do it, but AyinMaiden on youtube has some good guides for these, her video is pretty long so maybe it includes the one you are looking for.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Eupheme.1790" said:

> > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > I did said achievement ages ago and never had to use a "trick" to get to any of the locations. Try Dulfy, if you are having trouble doing it.

> >

> > I can't find a guide for this on Dulfy, sadly.

> > It's also possible to do the achievement without using the logout trick by using the springer mount to get up there, or by just doing it over two days, because you don't _have_ to do every individual projector, just 20 in total. Could be 20x the same one, over 20 days.

> >

> > I have the achievement, I just wanna know how to get up there. It irks me. :D

>

> So, i dunno if it includes it or uses "cheats" to do it, but AyinMaiden on youtube has some good guides for these, her video is pretty long so maybe it includes the one you are looking for.

Thanks, I found that one, but she uses the same logout-trick to get up there. LikeAKittie walks to the ledge below it, looks up, says "there's one up there, but you gotta go a long way to get it so we're gonna skip that". xD

> @"Eupheme.1790" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Eupheme.1790" said:

> > > > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > > > I did said achievement ages ago and never had to use a "trick" to get to any of the locations. Try Dulfy, if you are having trouble doing it.

> > >

> > > I can't find a guide for this on Dulfy, sadly.

> > > It's also possible to do the achievement without using the logout trick by using the springer mount to get up there, or by just doing it over two days, because you don't _have_ to do every individual projector, just 20 in total. Could be 20x the same one, over 20 days.

> > >

> > > I have the achievement, I just wanna know how to get up there. It irks me. :D

> >

> > So, i dunno if it includes it or uses "cheats" to do it, but AyinMaiden on youtube has some good guides for these, her video is pretty long so maybe it includes the one you are looking for.

>

> Thanks, I found that one, but she uses the same logout-trick to get up there. LikeAKittie walks to the ledge below it, looks up, says "there's one up there, but you gotta go a long way to get it so we're gonna skip that". xD

Oh, well boo :(